Jeremy corbyn (3 Viewers)

Astute

If you genuinely that’s going to be comparable to the actual transitional period as part of an agreement then good luck!
So where did I say that?

You love making things up.

Astute

Yeah whatever, I have no interest in playing your game.
You playing my game?

It is you and a few others constantly taking the piss out of anyone who doesn't praise the EU or have a go at the UK in every post. How many times have you accused me of saying something but have yet to show where I have said what you allege?

That is all it is to you. A game.

If not why don't you prove what you allege for once?

Sick Boy

You playing my game?

It is you and a few others constantly taking the piss out of anyone who doesn't praise the EU or have a go at the UK in every post. How many times have you accused me of saying something but have yet to show where I have said what you allege?

Zzzzzz.

For claiming a transition period with an agreement would be different to one without? You should do your own research.

Astute

Zzzzzz.

For claiming a transition period with an agreement would be different to one without? You should do your own research.
Are you saying that it wouldn't be different?

It would be much easier if everyone could understand what you are saying.

Sick Boy

Are you saying that it wouldn't be different?

It would be much easier if everyone could understand what you are saying.

I think it’s just you who struggles to understand, hence you trying to suggest I’ve said they’d be the same.

shmmeee

Although as I've said before I'm in favour of a 2nd ref with clearly defined outcomes I think the idea by Corbyn/Labour could be a little disingenuous.

In the detail it says a 'Labour-negotiated Brexit deal'.

1. I thought one of the big arguments was about how the government was sidelining everyone else, so surely it should be a cross-party negotiated deal.

2. Basically it's saying Brexit is called off until Labour has negotiated a deal with the EU, which is then put as the leave option in a referendum. Apart from the possibility that this could again potentially be misinterpreted by people as to the meaning of the wording (it would depend on what is negotiated and how it is written) it could potentially see Brexit being postponed indefinitely and in essence cancelled. If the EU and as many suspect many in Labour don't want to actually leave there is no incentive to actually negotiate a leaving deal to put forward to the public. Besides which even if they did there is still then the chance the public will vote remain.

But more than this it seems the options would likely be Remain or a number of the conventions being retained even if we leave, so those that do want a clean break haven't got an option at all. Now I know most of those that campaigned for Leave did say that a number of different options were available and various conventions would still be kept after Brexit, but this policy comes across to me as a get-out-of-Brexit-free card masquerading as a second referendum.

It would likely lead to a more palatable outcome for me given my beliefs, but it just seems rather disingenuous.

My main issue with the policy is I don’t see how it’s at all possible. Everyone seems to have forgotten that we are currently negotiating the withdrawal agreement, not the future relationship. You can’t do the latter until the former is ratified.

So he’s going to negotiate a better withdrawal agreement, put it to the people, then what? Another referendum on the final deal? What if we vote for Brexit but against the final deal?

Just pass the damn WA and let’s get to the meat of the argument.

shmmeee

You playing my game?

“Have a go at the UK”

Hahahahahahahahaha

“Yeah, look at you with your lumpy coastlines and fragile political compromises!”

It’s not us who think the UK is so shit we should blow it all up and start again mate.

Sick Boy

“Have a go at the UK”

Hahahahahahahahaha

“Yeah, look at you with your lumpy coastlines and fragile political compromises!”

It’s not us who think the UK is so shit we should blow it all up and start again mate.

It it crazy how not being pro-Brexit has turned into "having a go at the UK".

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

My main issue with the policy is I don’t see how it’s at all possible. Everyone seems to have forgotten that we are currently negotiating the withdrawal agreement, not the future relationship. You can’t do the latter until the former is ratified.

So he’s going to negotiate a better withdrawal agreement, put it to the people, then what? Another referendum on the final deal? What if we vote for Brexit but against the final deal?

Just pass the damn WA and let’s get to the meat of the argument.

That is a decent point. There is no agreement that the future relationship will even be put in a referendum but could just be passed by parliament so in theory even if they went no deal they could quickly agree a future relationship along the lines of the WA or even current membership and if they could pass it all this has been meaningless.

Astute

“Have a go at the UK”

Hahahahahahahahaha

I see your boys have come to save you even though your post makes no sense.

How unusual.

Astute

It it crazy how not being pro-Brexit has turned into "having a go at the UK".
Nothing to do with pro brexit, pro remain or pro anything.

All to do with the lack of truth from certain people. How many times have I been accused of saying something then how many times have you or the others been able to quote it?

Exactly.

Yes Brexit is shit. Those running the country and those in opposition are shit. Just about everything to do with Brexit is shit.

But the lies that you and others constantly come out with do nothing but wind people up. Any good points you might make are lost in the lies/misinformation. I keep out of the opinions of those involved because that is all they are. Opinions. My opinion is I don't trust any of them.

But I will always point out the lies/misinformation. And look how many times you call me wrong but never show any evidence. Then you have the nerve to call me biased.

Sick Boy

Nothing to do with pro brexit, pro remain or pro anything.

All to do with the lack of truth from certain people. How many times have I been accused of saying something then how many times have you or the others been able to quote it?

Exactly.

Yes Brexit is shit. Those running the country and those in opposition are shit. Just about everything to do with Brexit is shit.

But the lies that you and others constantly come out with do nothing but wind people up. Any good points you might make are lost in the lies/misinformation. I keep out of the opinions of those involved because that is all they are. Opinions. My opinion is I don't trust any of them.

But I will always point out the lies/misinformation. And look how many times you call me wrong but never show any evidence. Then you have the nerve to call me biased.

It’s weird how lies are opinions that you don’t seem to like and ‘the truth’ is your opinion also.

What lies do I and others tell?

Astute

It’s weird how lies are opinions that you don’t seem to like and ‘the truth’ is your opinion also.

What lies do I and others tell?
When was the last time you could back up anything you made out I had said?

Would you like me to make a list of the allegations against me in just the last few days?

How about the other thread? Four of you have backed Shmmeee up already when he questioned what I have said. I post the first link of the first paragraph he wrote. No replies. How unusual.

Yes I always seem to find neutral proof. You never seem to find any. But you still come out with it.

Sick Boy

When was the last time you could back up anything you made out I had said?

Would you like me to make a list of the allegations against me in just the last few days?

How about the other thread? Four of you have backed Shmmeee up already when he questioned what I have said. I post the first link of the first paragraph he wrote. No replies. How unusual.

Yes I always seem to find neutral proof. You never seem to find any. But you still come out with it.

I don’t think I’ve even engaged with you in the last few days.

Astute

Hilarious.
So you haven't engaged with me for a few days yet this was all a part of engaging with me when coming out with your totally biased untruths.

Shall we make a list from the last few days to see how truthful....or untruthful as usual you are being?

Sick Boy

So you haven't engaged with me for a few days yet this was all a part of engaging with me when coming out with your totally biased untruths.

Shall we make a list from the last few days to see how truthful....or untruthful as usual you are being?

Claiming that a transitional period with an agreement would be different to no deal is a ‘totally biased untruth’?

Yes go ahead, make a list of my ‘untruths’ from the match thread.

Astute

Claiming that a transitional period with an agreement would be different to no deal is a ‘totally biased untruth’?

Yes go ahead, make a list of my ‘untruths’ from the match thread.
So you are truthful in the match threads but a liar in the rest?

I finally agree with you.

Or shall we go back to the lie you mention here? You said that I was talking about the transitional period being the same if we left with or without a deal. I told you to quote where I said it. I am still waiting for this quote.

Sick Boy

So you are truthful in the match threads but a liar in the rest?

I finally agree with you.

It’s strange how ‘the truth’ is in line with your own personal opinion. As I said, I have no interest in playing your unhinged games. Go back to obsessing over likes instead.

Astute

It’s strange how ‘the truth’ is in line with your own personal opinion. As I said, I have no interest in playing your unhinged games. Go back to obsessing over likes instead.
I have had enough of your childish games. The majority of your posts are lies or making out someone has said something they haven't.

I have tried to have a debate with you for about three years now. You have finally won. I will ignore your bullshit for now.

But just one thing. If you have been truthful why can't you ever back up what you say. And why is it you constantly tell me I am wrong but never back your comments up.

Grendel

So now old gezza is so out of control of his party it seems the move to oust Watson was done when he toddled out of a meeting with his momentum paymasters

Now senior cabinet and ex leaders are ganging up on poor old gezza he’s going to have to make a decision

SkyblueBazza

So now old gezza is so out of control of his party it seems the move to oust Watson was done when he toddled out of a meeting with his momentum paymasters

Now senior cabinet and ex leaders are ganging up on poor old gezza he’s going to have to make a decision
Wasting your time posting in this thread. They're all over on the EU thread trying to distract attention.

I was dipping in this one eagerly awaiting one of the usual faces to defend &/Or reassure that the deputy was retained in a transparent vote etc (yesterday) & that is how true democracy works in the party. Of course JC has now used some sort of pacifier to calm the situation - for now, thereby avoiding another vote today is how I am reading it.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Ian1779

Wasting your time posting in this thread. They're all over on the EU thread trying to distract attention.

I was dipping in this one eagerly awaiting one of the usual faces to defend &/Or reassure that the deputy was retained in a transparent vote etc (yesterday) & that is how true democracy works in the party. Of course JC has now used some sort of pacifier to calm the situation - for now, thereby avoiding another vote today is how I am reading it.

You have no understanding of how the mechanics of the Labour Party work... you are essentially talking shite.

SkyblueBazza

You have no understanding of how the mechanics of the Labour Party work... you are essentially talking shite.
Well...my understanding was that the Exec Committee had a vote & he got through. There was potentially another today, but the Deputy said (despite the due democratic process of the party) "JC could stop this now". And funnily enough - he did! With some of that promise like the one TM made to the DUP & committed some financial support. No idea if or what JC committed to beyond a review of posts...but in essence it isn't a million miles away is it?

Ian1779

Grendel

So what you are saying is that Labour will go back to the people... regardless.

Thanks for explaining what most people already knew.

No I’m saying that Emily Thornberry is contradicting Gezza and the committees official policy of negotiating an alternative deal. It’s a huge chasm in policy

In further developments it seems the oh so charming Chris Lewis wants also to contradict policy. He and other MPs are talking motions to extend current Eu FOM legislation to encompass anyone who wants to come to Britain should be entitled to do so as worker opportunity should be global. Sounds like a vote winner

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
Interesting listening to the 32 hour debate yesterday and some bosses saying that work time is lost to chatting about football etc so therefore people could not do that and only work 32 hours a week and then work to live, not live to work. Ive always found that social interaction is a vital part of people’s wellbeing and in large, a valuable part of the week, I do get people working from home and the solitary environment but a balance has to be found for all individuals.
I’m not sure it’s an easy answer just to tell people to be more efficient in less hours and they can then leave early and spend more time with others.
I think a lot of office based people actually carry on working late into the night now and at different times whilst watching tv etc,

some other interesting points from the day, some I like, some I’m not sure about, I would rather focus on raising the overall standard of education to be at levels in other countries and for us to go beyond that rather than just attack a vote winning move on private schools, albeit I agree they should not be set up for charitable status.

NorthernWisdom

Interesting listening to the 32 hour debate yesterday and some bosses saying that work time is lost to chatting about football etc so therefore people could not do that and only work 32 hours a week and then work to live, not live to work. Ive always found that social interaction is a vital part of people’s wellbeing and in large, a valuable part of the week, I do get people working from home and the solitary environment but a balance has to be found for all individuals.
I’m not sure it’s an easy answer just to tell people to be more efficient in less hours and they can then leave early and spend more time with others.
I think a lot of office based people actually carry on working late into the night now and at different times whilst watching tv etc,

some other interesting points from the day, some I like, some I’m not sure about, I would rather focus on raising the overall standard of education to be at levels in other countries and for us to go beyond that rather than just attack a vote winning move on private schools, albeit I agree they should not be set up for charitable status.
I currently have three (four, technically!) part time jobs. My question is, how does that play out? The main one is impossible to do in the hours I've been given anyway (22). If the 32 hour max week is implemented, would I become proportionately more full time (with attendant pay rise) or do I see my hours cut to keep thr same pro rata proportion? If the latter, do i just end up doing the same hours (more than 22!) anyway, trying to stem the tide?

Sick Boy

I’ve worked at companies where there have been 4 days weeks/32 hour weeks and people genuinely got the same amount of work done as they did before the switch.

You have to be disciplined to do it though. Personally I’d much rather get my social interaction outside of the workplace with people I actually want to spend time with.

clint van damme

Some people are going to loose their shit at this Tory proposal same as they did when Labour proposed similar

National Living Wage to rise to £10.50, Javid says

Or maybe not. It’s probably a good idea now.

Just like yesterday when Matt Hancock was asked how the Tories are going to build the 40 new hospitals they're talking about.
He said the money will come in the future- imagine a Labour shadow minister coming out with an answer like that.

Users who are viewing this thread