Jay Dasilva (1 Viewer)

ccfc1234

He's closer to where he grew up, and also to where he played much of his career, here than Swansea.
He spent a few years in South Wales and I wondered if his kids were at a private school in that part of the world etc. My main point was we should not sign 2 decisively minded LWBs

Grendel

If thats true we absolutely should not sign this lad then. Bidwell is a steady player but we need a bit more in the opponent's half to progress. To sign a Bidwell understudy with similar capabilities and shortcomings as Bidwell would be a poor decision.

hes has more assists than Maatsen in the LWB role hasn’t he?

TwistAndShoutCCFC1987

Swap with Bidwell? From what I am reading they are both defensively minded wing backs. We need a marauding full that can offer something different.

The reason I say swap deal is Bidwell was at Swansea which is much nearer to Bristol and maybe he has ties in the south Wales area?
Bidwell is from Southport which is quite a bit easier to get to from Cov than from Bristol

NorthernWisdom

He spent a few years in South Wales and I wondered if his kids were at a private school in that part of the world etc. My main point was we should not sign 2 decisively minded LWBs
He spent two and a half years in South Wales compared to 18 years in the North West, a decade in London, and a year and counting with us. It would be unusual for South Wales to suddenly have a place in his heart, and anyway he could make it from here in under three hours.

Perryccfc

If thats true we absolutely should not sign this lad then. Bidwell is a steady player but we need a bit more in the opponent's half to progress. To sign a Bidwell understudy with similar capabilities and shortcomings as Bidwell would be a poor decision.
According to Bristol fans he’s not the most attacking full back either.

Hoofhearted

Bristol reporter on Twitter saying it is hanging on a replacement coming in which he says is unlikely
I think they've had 2 bids turned down by Wimbledon for there young Left Back Jack Currie, I'm guessing they want him as a cheaper alternative to Dasilva as Cameron Prings understudy

slowpoke

Bidwell is a very good defender but not really a wing back in the Ian Maatsen mould reading the posts on here from the Bristol fan this Dasilva lad sounds similar, only thing for me at for me that’s a bit small but if we surround our selves with CBs at 6’2”/ 6’ 3”+ should be fine. At 24 another young addition with bags of championship experience and cheap by all accounts, has to be good
If true, in Mark Robins trust.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Bidwell for me is a left back not a left wing back. He’d be great playing 4 at the back - but he’s done alright atm. Can see him being shifted to CB if DaSilva comes in

Deity

I agree Bidwell is a traditional left back and a good one at Championship level. His attacking play is below the standard needed as wing back. The Da Silva link is logical in many ways but the fact he’s also not great once he gets over the half way line does concern me.

I don’t see any read across to the JWE. He’s on loan and Robins is trying to build a squad for next season. I think that is clear already.

NorthernWisdom

Good, we're back on the Bidwell's not LWB train despite us and teams better than us playing him at LWB for just about his entire career.

Anyway, while we're making this a ridiculous thread, I'll suggest Bidwell wants to leave, and that's why we signed the Man City geezer and are now looking at somebody else.

Maybe a team has offered him the chance to play left back after a decade of him wanting to...

Last edited:

PVA

Good, we're back on the Bidwell's not LWB train despite us and teams better than us playing him at LWB for just about his entire career.

Anyway, while we're making this a ridiculous thread, I'll suggest Bidwell wants to leave, and that's why we signed the Man City geezer and are now looking at subsidy else.

Maybe a team has offered him the chance to play left back after a decade of him wanting to...

He has played almost three times as many games at left back compared to left wing back in his career to be fair.

cooperskyblue

Bidwell despite him naturally not seeming as confident going forward, still finds himself into good positions several times in every game. His delivery then absolutely let's him down almost every time.

Grendel

Bidwell despite him naturally not seeming as confident going forward, still finds himself into good positions several times in every game. His delivery then absolutely let's him down almost every time.

He had I believe the top number of assists for a defender in his last full season at Swansea - 8 in total

SBT

I’d expect Bidwell to remain first choice given our ultra-conservative style of play, but having another option there who is more of an out-and-out attacking LWB (a la Maatsen last season) would be nice. If we sign him this window then it does make me wonder what the point was in loaning this Wilson-Esbrand kid.

Nick

Administrator
We should put Dabo there, people used to bang on about him "beating a man" constantly as a full back.

Think a lot of the time people are blinded by somebody taking on a player and then running fast, which is all well and good as long as they do something at the end of it.

fernandopartridge

I’d expect Bidwell to remain first choice given our ultra-conservative style of play, but having another option there who is more of an out-and-out attacking LWB (a la Maatsen last season) would be nice. If we sign him this window then it does make me wonder what the point was in loaning this Wilson-Esbrand kid.

Ultra conservative? Bidwell is often our second furthest player forward when we're on the breakaway

PVA

I would assume that's exactly what Wilson-Esbrand was brought here to be. But unfortunately got a knock in probably his first session which has held him back.

Adaramola was obviously meant to be the attacking foil to Bidwell, hopefully Wilson-Esbrand works out a bit better!

Users who are viewing this thread