Jay Dasilva (1 Viewer)

Happy_Martian

If this goes through, can't wait to hear the first Clive/CWR commentary with DaSilva at LWB and DaCosta at RWB :ROFLMAO: 😱

ceetee

Why are we so obsessed with wingbacks?.
It's the only position here we have enough cover in the squad.

Grendel

Are we seriously even debating whether Bidwell is an inferior LWB to Maartsen ?? Bidwell better full back, Maartsen better wing back.

but he wasn’t when playing for us

Hobo

Are we seriously even debating whether Bidwell is an inferior LWB to Maartsen ?? Bidwell better full back, Maartsen better wing back.

I am actually highlighting an attribute that has nothing to do with the position either player plays in or is best at.

Hobo

And is a fine example of why it's generally better to own your own players rather than loan them. Doesn't matter to us how good Maatsen is now.

Better to own them? Unless they turn out like Hilssner?

My take on owning and loaning is there are advantages and disadvantages with both.

Loans can be a cheap way of adding quality to the squad. They can also be a try before you buy situation.

You dont want to be over reliant on loans. But they can plug gaps if sourced carefully and actually be part of a longer term recruitment stratergy.

Grendel

Better to own them? Unless they turn out like Hilssner?

My take on owning and loaning is there are advantages and disadvantages with both.

Loans can be a cheap way of adding quality to the squad. They can also be a try before you buy situation.

You dont want to be over reliant on loans. But they can plug gaps if sourced carefully and actually be part of a longer term recruitment stratergy.

Bidwell is better now than Maatsen was last season and for us this season

Armstrong and Murphy were prime examples of loans that could have made a huge difference to the club by getting us promoted

Grendel

And is a fine example of why it's generally better to own your own players rather than loan them. Doesn't matter to us how good Maatsen is now.

he still would be worse now with the players we have than Bidwell

Users who are viewing this thread