Jay Dasilva (1 Viewer)

rexo87

Wondering if...

Sign Jay Dasilva
Send Wilson Esbrand back which opens up another loan spot
Then able to get a loan ST or AM in...

AiS86

Didn't Wilson-Esbrand play a more advanced role against Norwich? Has he got a bit of Maatsen about him?

cstring82

Good established Championship player, be a good signing and I recall he’s a good player for Brizzle.
Going in the right direction and competition for Bidwell and most importantly not another loan!

South Of The River

Evening lads,

FWIW I really like Jay. Firstly he’s a real loveable lad, your fans will warm to him pretty soon I’d say. Always plays with a smile on his face… gives 100% etc.

Secondly he’s a quality footballer. Technically one of the best players we have. Very good in tight spaces to get away from his man with his quick feet.

But, like most players at this level he does have some flaws. First one is the obvious one, he is only 5ft7 so opposing teams do target that. Another one is his pace and being able to beat his man by getting to the byline. He’s not very quick and for a modern full back, you do need that.

The reason we’re letting him go is probably for financial reasons and that he’s not getting ahead of Cam Pring at moment. He’s on a big wedge, coming from Chelsea youth we signed him the same summer as Palmer and Kalas.

Having said all that, it’s hard to believe that he’s still only 24. So he’s got his best years ahead of him! It feels like he’s been here forever. He is also best mates with Kasey Palmer, they were inseparable together here at the time.

Hope it works out for him👍🏻 Love the lad and I’ve got no doubts that you will too.

shmmeee

Evening lads,

FWIW I really like Jay. Firstly he’s a real loveable lad, your fans will warm to him pretty soon I’d say. Always plays with a smile on his face… gives 100% etc.

Secondly he’s a quality footballer. Technically one of the best players we have. Very good in tight spaces to get away from his man with his quick feet.

But, like most players at this level he does have some flaws. First one is the obvious one, he is only 5ft7 so opposing teams do target that. Another one is his pace and being able to beat his man by getting to the byline. He’s not very quick and for a modern full back, you do need that.

The reason we’re letting him go is probably for financial reasons and that he’s not getting ahead of Cam Pring at moment. He’s on a big wedge, coming from Chelsea youth we signed him the same summer as Palmer and Kalas.

Having said all that, it’s hard to believe that he’s still only 24. So he’s got his best years ahead of him! Feels like he’s here forever. He is also best mates with Kasey Palmer, they were inseparable together here at the time.

Hope it works out for him👍🏻 Love the lad and I’ve got no doubts that you will too.

What’s he like defensively?

Perryccfc

Bristol reporter on Twitter saying it is hanging on a replacement coming in which he says is unlikely

South Of The River

What’s he like defensively?

Decent defensively.

I don’t recall anybody really tearing him a new one. He just goes about his business quietly👍🏻

He needs to work on his forward play if anything. Like I’ve said, he’s great in your own half and around the half way line with the link up play to midfield. But he doesn’t really effect the game from that point onwards.

fernandopartridge

Decent defensively.

I don’t recall anybody really tearing him a new one. He just goes about his business quietly

He needs to work on his forward play if anything. Like I’ve said, he’s great in your own half and around the half way line with the link up play to midfield. But he doesn’t really effect the game from that point onwards.
He got robbed by Hamer for our winner down there last season didn't he

Happy_Martian

Undav came on as sub in cup-tie last night v Liverpool, maybe one for the summer even then won’t be cheap.

He did in the 88th minute, so not as close to the first team as we may think. Plus, it may possibly have been for an appearance bonus ? And I'm not sure he even touched the ball in the remaining time.

clint van damme

Evening lads,

Having said all that, it’s hard to believe that he’s still only 24. So he’s got his best years ahead of him! It feels like he’s been here forever. He is also best mates with Kasey Palmer, they were inseparable together here at the time.

We don't like players smiling round these parts......

ms639

Evening lads,

Hope it works out for him Love the lad and I’ve got no doubts that you will too.

The last thing we need is another ‘wing back’ who can’t beat his man with Bidwell and Dabo about

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LastGarrison

I think the most important thing if we do sign him is that someone comes up with a chant for him to the music of Rui Da Silva - Touch Me :cool:

ccfc1234

Bristol reporter on Twitter saying it is hanging on a replacement coming in which he says is unlikely
Swap with Bidwell? From what I am reading they are both defensively minded wing backs. We need a marauding full that can offer something different.

The reason I say swap deal is Bidwell was at Swansea which is much nearer to Bristol and maybe he has ties in the south Wales area?

Grendel

Swap with Bidwell? From what I am reading they are both defensively minded wing backs. We need a marauding full that can offer something different.

The reason I say swap deal is Bidwell was at Swansea which is much nearer to Bristol and maybe he has ties in the south Wales area?

Bidwell is superior- this is ridiculous

NorthernWisdom

He's closer to where he grew up, and also to where he played much of his career, here than Swansea.

ccfc1234

Bidwell is superior- this is ridiculous
If thats true we absolutely should not sign this lad then. Bidwell is a steady player but we need a bit more in the opponent's half to progress. To sign a Bidwell understudy with similar capabilities and shortcomings as Bidwell would be a poor decision.

Users who are viewing this thread