Jay DaSilva Signs! (5 Viewers)

Terry Gibson's perm

It would be a shame for him to leave now that his carpets have been cleaned. You’d think he’d want to get to at least January having had them done.

Any idea if he’s had his patio jet washed?

I’m sure if you are volunteering he will accept the free service

Razzle Dazzle Dean Gordon

I suspect this means Bidwell will be off (not likely to want to play 2nd fiddle but also are we likely in a position to pay both of their wages?). Feels like a big gamble to me but Robins has tended to get the majority of these calls right in the past so im confident this will improve things. If we do keep Bidwell then i think we may well see a bit of chopping and changing between them dependent on the opposition.

Evo1883

Looking on socials , alot of fans from other clubs would have liked to sign him .. also a former Rotherham scout wanted him at Rotherham..

Even a Sheffield united fan wanted him on a free in the prem .. must have something

Winny the Bish

What's he like attacking wise? His G/A stats last season were nothing to shout about, but the season before it was the same as Bidwell this season. Stats don't tell the whole story and it matters more that he suits the system and gels with the team.

Looks for a cross or pass rather than take a man on. He’s not very quick (obvious being 5”5). Not big on defensive duels either - but he does seem to win them.

IMG_2324.png

Mr Panda

We didn’t do too badly with him playing most games this season- he’s a decent player at this level.

I've no doubts about his quality at this level and my preference would be to keep him on board. But with the wingback system we employ I'd prefer more dynamic players than Bidwell

Gynnsthetonic

I suspect this means Bidwell will be off (not likely to want to play 2nd fiddle but also are we likely in a position to pay both of their wages?). Feels like a big gamble to me but Robins has tended to get the majority of these calls right in the past so im confident this will improve things. If we do keep Bidwell then i think we may well see a bit of chopping and changing between them dependent on the opposition.
I hope Bidwell stays, a tough guy defender is sometimes needed and I think he's had a great season

shmmeee

Good signing. Looks like an attacking option to Bidwell but the fact he nearly went in Jan suggests to me he’ll be off for whatever reason and we’ll likely bring another LWB in. I wonder if we’ll also let others with time on their contracts leave so we can upgrade?

Great_Expectations

Good positive signing. Timed really well too after the sense of deflation following the weekend.

He is an alternative style to Bidwell, and generally more offensive, but equally he isn’t the same as Maatsen/JWE and won’t be looking to constantly take players on. I hope fans realise that and don’t get on his back when he isn’t taking on the whole of the oppositions right side.

Good technician too - only one signing but perhaps indicates a slight change of style next year.

Evo1883

Dasilva has fantastic stats that suggest it's provably not his fault that he's not got loads more assists
. Goals yes , just not really his game

shmmeee

Dasilva has fantastic stats that suggest it's provably not his fault that he's not got loads more assists
. Goals yes , just not really his game

TBF watching that YouTube vid he put a load on a plate that were missed.

lordy_87

Hoping we keep Bidwell, I really rate him, and I'm not sure why robins would want to get rid. Would be great to have two proven championship left backs competing for the same position and for us to start forming a real squad.

RingoCCFC

Looks for a cross or pass rather than take a man on. He’s not very quick (obvious being 5”5). Not big on defensive duels either - but he does seem to win them.

View attachment 30056
Not terrible statistics in all honesty surprising that though with the duels won especially with his height. I trust in Robins and Adi and the recruitment team though, hopefully he'll be just what we need.

Hoping we keep Bidwell, I really rate him, and I'm not sure why robins would want to get rid. Would be great to have two proven championship left backs competing for the same position and for us to start forming a real squad.

I can't see us letting Bidwell go he has been solid and we don't have an abundance of options so I think there's some mindset on that moving forward so we're not limited.

Garlana86

For the record, im happy we're getting players in asap, no messing about its good to see us moving quickly after such a painful weekend. But is this such a great move on a 4 year contract? Unless im mistaken, this lad sat on the bench of a team that finished 9 or so places below us in the same league. In Robins i trust of course, so maybe he fits in with the plan and play style and gives us more going forward, just wanted to give my glass half empty thoughts, but of course i hope he's a success.

PVA

I genuinley really rate bidwell .

He's very good defensively.

He suits the current style of play where we're very solid and rely on Gyokeres doing his thing on the counter.

But if we're going to change how we play when Gyokeres leaves it's possible we will need more expansive wing backs.

That's where Dasilva comes in

Users who are viewing this thread