Jay DaSilva Signs! (3 Viewers)

SBAndy

We all know Bidwell is more defensively inclined minded wing back.

So the defensive stats would no doubt be stacked in Bidwells favor.

I’ll play along with this as well.

Dasilva 1 successful tackle per 90 - Bidwell 0.9.
Dasilva tackle success 66.7% - Bidwell 53.2%.
Dasilva 0.8 successful interceptions per 90 - Bidwell 0.6.

Didn’t know how this would turn out before looking. Looks decent defensively as well. Stats don’t tell you the positioning though so Bidwell could be under instruction to stand off more. He certainly does in our defensive third.

covcity4life

Didn’t know how this would turn out before looking. Looks decent defensively as well. Stats don’t tell you the positioning though so Bidwell could be under instruction to stand off more. He certainly does in our defensive third.
Interesting

Dimi_Konstantflapalot

I think this is definitely the case, particularly as he's far stronger defensively than any of his right sided counterparts

We've been happy to let BNC run at the defence and push forward more and let Bidwell tuck in a little in the tighter games

However Bidwell has also been getting in the box and arriving late at the far post on numerous occasions during the regular season - I think he's comfortable getting forward but tactical instructions have perhaps limited his attacking output to a degree

Jamesimus

I imagine and from what I've seen, he's just a little more comfortable with the ball at his feet than Bidwell and would be a pointer towards us trying to retain possession a bit more in games? I'm not expecting him to be gung-ho like Maatsen was tbh.

Londonccfcfan

I think this is definitely the case, particularly as he's far stronger defensively than any of his right sided counterparts

We've been happy to let BNC run at the defence and push forward more and let Bidwell tuck in a little in the tighter games

However Bidwell has also been getting in the box and arriving late at the far post on numerous occasions during the regular season - I think he's comfortable getting forward but tactical instructions have perhaps limited his attacking output to a degree
I think it's exactly how Robins described him...attacking dynamic wingback.

Not sure he will win any aerial duals. But I would delighted to keep both as Bidwell isnt exciting and sometimes you need that against the ugly teams. Stats in my mind dont tell the full story.

Offhegoes

I think Bidwell is one of the highest paid players in the squad, wouldn't surprise me if he moved on, and we bring in a younger LWB to be back up to Dasilva. Heard that JWE is coming back for a season long loan.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I've never understood why so many are seemingly so keen to replace! I mean, I can see the logic that DaSilva is younger etc, but Bidwell's been a key part of a team that missed out on promotion in a penalty shootout.
I think Bidwell has been decent this year and wasn't looking to replace, but we do need other options.

I would hope that with it being a long season and WB being a very tiring position to play effectively, I'm hoping that there would be more than enough opportunities for both to play regularly and rotate to allow better recuperation and thus reduce chances of injuries. I'd say there is a direct correlation between the high number of injuries we've sustained and us having a small squad so players have to play all the time until they break down.

Although I do like having a settled, consistent team I could see Dasilva mainly being used in games we'll be looking to dominate, while Bidwell will be more for games where we may end up under a bit of pressure.

If Dasilva is being brought in as 1st choice, I don't think Bidwell would want to hang around to sit on the bench.

SkyBlue_Adam

I’m certain the JWE will return for the season. This season we were very pragmatic at times. Assuming Robins gets what he wants, our style will be similar to the 2021-22 season

Grendel

No he wouldn't.

He left Swansea as he didn't want to sign a new contract and be second choice.

Fair play to him.

Bit like Da Silva at Bristol then - oh he wasn’t offered a new contract

Grendel

I think Bidwell is one of the highest paid players in the squad, wouldn't surprise me if he moved on, and we bring in a younger LWB to be back up to Dasilva. Heard that JWE is coming back for a season long loan.

Dasilva will be on good money. He will be taking a pay cut for sure but he’s hardly a cheap signing

Grendel

Apparently they did, at a lower wage - they have been trying to lower their wage bill for a while. Spent a lot of money a few years ago.

According to the Bristol press they agreed to sell us him at the start of the Jan transfer window and pulled out when a deal for a AFC LWB fell through

Grendel

"He doesn't know what he's doing himself"

With respect given you accuse anyone who has an opinion different to you on this as a racist and also have accused me of grooming young boys I’m not bothering to engage with you on this - I don’t think he’s good enough and that’s it

Fevs BCFC82

Dasilva will be on good money. He will be taking a pay cut for sure but he’s hardly a cheap signing
All alleged, but he was probably on £15k p.w (possibly a tad more) with us when he signed from Chelsea and we were looking to manage that down, probably to something like £8-10k p.w. With him no longer being first choice, to use that kind of budget up on a “squad player” isn’t our current model, hence why in January we were looking at bringing in Jack Currie from Wimbledon…smallish fee, low wage, all about his potential.

We did similar with Andi Weimann two summers ago, going from £20k p.w to £10-12k p.w. (Although he got a 3 Yr deal rather than 2yrs offered by Stoke - allegedly).

Would £10k p.w for example make him one of your higher earners?

Grendel

All alleged, but he was probably on £15k p.w (possibly a tad more) with us when he signed from Chelsea and we were looking to manage that down, probably to something like £8-10k p.w. With him no longer being first choice, to use that kind of budget up on a “squad player” isn’t our current model, hence why in January we were looking at bringing in Jack Currie from Wimbledon…smallish fee, low wage, all about his potential.

We did similar with Andi Weimann two summers ago, going from £20k p.w to £10-12k p.w. (Although he got a 3 Yr deal rather than 2yrs offered by Stoke - allegedly).

Would £10k p.w for example make him one of your higher earners?

£10k would be top end at the moment I’d assume - our wage bill is around £17m - palmer I guess from next season will be on that

PVA

Grendel eying up his next boo boy like

391pr7.jpg

Grendel

So many options

Palmer
BNC if back
Jwe if back
Panzo if back
Tavares

Gutted bapagas gone...

Given the actual racist abuse levied recently at our player I would have hoped you and your chum would have taken it more seriosuly - it says a lot more about you than me

Jamesimus

Given the actual racist abuse levied recently at our player I would have hoped you and your chum would have taken it more seriosuly - it says a lot more about you than me

Do you think this is a good signing Grendel?

Cards on the table, I do.

For reference, at the time I thought Waghorn was a poor signing.

PVA

This is the kind of thing we've been missing from wing back this season.

Bidwell can't beat a man, but can put in a decent cross.

BNC can beat a man, but can't put in a decent cross.

covboy9

I hope he’s an upgrade on Bidwell who I like but he offers fuck all in final third

de silva attacked minded? That worries me with only two goals to his name but we’ll see

David O'Day

I hope he’s an upgrade on Bidwell who I like but he offers fuck all in final third

de silva attacked minded? That worries me with only two goals to his name but we’ll see
yeah because goals are the best metric to judge a lwb by

he's attacking but in a more technical way, which is good for the return of robins preferred possession based football

i hope bidwell stays as well

covboy9

yeah because goals are the best metric to judge a lwb by

he's attacking but in a more technical way, which is good for the return of robins preferred possession based football

i hope bidwell stays as well
I don’t know if he’s played left back or wing back

whatever the position we need goals from wing backs

David O'Day

I don’t know if he’s played left back or wing back

whatever the position we need goals from wing backs
No, LWB isn't a position you look to for goals.

We need to look for more goals from our midfielders next year, be they the ones currently here or ones yet to join.

mark82

According to the Bristol press they agreed to sell us him at the start of the Jan transfer window and pulled out when a deal for a AFC LWB fell through
Yep. Think it was in January he was offered the contract and turned it down (at a lower salary). Don't think they've tried again since. He did play most games after that though until they had nothing left to play for.

Users who are viewing this thread