January Window (1 Viewer)

Otis

Sorry, was just having a little poke at the use of 'wasn't we' rather than 'weren't we'. ;)

steve82

We could really do with a target man up front-Ian Ormondroyd would fit the bill.

That’s going back some years throwing in a name like that!

* just had a look back at his career, memory lane if you like...
Be better off getting his son now as he’s a 6’5” rugby league player with Leeds Rhinos.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Grendel

15 and no goals. Should fit in nicely

higgs

After an Everton midfielder aswell between us and Blackpool

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
Reads that he is a creative midfielder. Would he be for the left side?

Don't think we can risk bayliss and another youngster in the middle.

higgs

I read that he's a winger not sure if left or right maybe could do a job on the left instead of Shipley

steve82

Might be competition to rest Bayliss. Or maybe he’s a stop gap replacement for Bayliss to compete with Westbrooke for the shirt.

MR might be doing some dealing to bring balance to the side

higgs

New free kick taker with a good right peg if we manage to sign him hopefully he's the one robin's said was hopefully close to being over the line

higgs

Looks like our jch knows him
00e92e0c80f14797a4d6eb36864b2f8c.jpg

ceetee

What we really need is a midfielder who can pass the ball, run with the ball or put his foot on the ball and wait.
More importantly , he needs to know which option is the right one.
If he exists, and we can get him, we don't need any more strikers or target men.

I live in hope but not holding my breath..........

shmmeee

We need someone to do Kelly’s job if Kelly isn’t going to be fit. It’s clear he’s key to the team working. That and some pace on the left and I’ll be happy if we don’t lose anyone TBH.

ccfcway

He played against us at the friendly in Spain in the summer. One of their better players in the day

Nick

Administrator
Hepburn Murphy again? There's no point getting strikers if we aren't improving the service to them.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Hepburn Murphy again? There's no point getting strikers if we aren't improving the service to them.
A few of my mates are Villa fans and went to watch Villa u21s v Stratford Town in the Birmingham Cup earlier this season and all of them were excited about seeing him. All came away saying he looked shocking even at that level. It may have been he just had an off day, after all it's a one-off game, but they certainly weren't happy with what they saw.

Nick

Administrator
There's no point signing him unless we can get players to give him the ball in goal scoring positions.

Cranfield Sky Blue

What we really need is a midfielder who can pass the ball, run with the ball or put his foot on the ball and wait.
More importantly , he needs to know which option is the right one.
If he exists, and we can get him, we don't need any more strikers or target men.

I live in hope but not holding my breath..........

I can do all that... OK apart from the run bit.

steve82

Now Gary Madine has completed his loan to Sheffield United I’d imagine Leon Clarke will be made available for a loan too.

I’m not big on getting former players but he’s one I’d make a exception for as I think he’d be the experienced figurehead we need with the right balance added in midfield too goals will come.

Hiwula or Chaplin playing off Leon has the potential and JCH could gain valuable experience and learn a few things on how to play that lead role during the loan spell.

Big Leon can offer a lot at this level with service if MR can do something in midfield notably the wide area.

ccfcway

Clarke has to be due a move, 2 years in one place is very out of character for him.

23 goals in 34 games for us at this level. Surely a no brainer if it was possible ?

cant see why they would loan him out though and if they did, I suspect a few championship clubs would come calling

steve82

Clarke has to be due a move, 2 years in one place is very out of character for him.

23 goals in 34 games for us at this level. Surely a no brainer if it was possible ?

cant see why they would loan him out though and if they did, I suspect a few championship clubs would come calling

Not sure many would in the championship, maybe Birmingham city be interested, Rotherham. Depends on each club’s injuries I suppose.

Think it would be a host of L1 clubs looking at him likely on loan as he’s still 18 months left on his deal I think at Sheff Utd.

He could be the difference between promotion/play offs or not in L1 for many

cc84cov

Not sure many would in the championship, maybe Birmingham city be interested, Rotherham. Depends on each club’s injuries I suppose.

Think it would be a host of L1 clubs looking at him likely on loan as he’s still 18 months left on his deal I think at Sheff Utd.

He could be the difference between promotion/play offs or not in L1 for many

Could defo be worth a shout Leon Clarke

Users who are viewing this thread