Transfer Rumour Jamie Allen signs (2 Viewers)

Magwitch

I'm sure your bright enough to work it out.
Not really, Bosma was one of a few signed for U/23 with hope to become a bargain as Dominic Hyam has, didn’t come off MR has signed a number similar this year aswell doubt if they all come off but time will tell.

Nick

Administrator
Not really, Bosma was one of a few signed for U/23 with hope to become a bargain as Dominic Hyam has, didn’t come off MR has signed a number similar this year aswell doubt if they all come off but time will tell.

He hasnt signed many for the U23 this year has he? Only really the Southampton one so far.

Mucca Mad Boys

He hasnt signed many for the U23 this year has he? Only really the Southampton one so far.

Last season, and the one before in L2 our strategy of signing players for the development team was a sensible one.

Last season we had McCallum, Thompson, Westbrook, Williams all come into the first team and play well.

In the bigger picture, this was MR laying the foundations for us to build on.

Alkhen

As happy as I am with the business so far seems to me like a few on here have short memories....
  • Brown and Ogogo both came with glowing reports from a team that narrowly missed promotion.
  • We've dabbled with Dutch/french players with little success
  • We have history of selling our best players late in the window
  • When we have paid out for players since relegation from the Championship they rarely work out well
That said definitely wasn't expecting this much activity so can't help getting a bit excited

Nick

Administrator
As happy as I am with the business so far seems to me like a few on here have short memories....
  • Brown and Ogogo both came with glowing reports from a team that narrowly missed promotion.
  • When we have paid out for players since relegation from the Championship they rarely work out well
That said definitely wasn't expecting this much activity so can't help getting a bit excited

The thing is this time, do we have a player we would all be gutted if they went? I don't think there is, there's no McNulty or anybody.

Magwitch

He’s signed Williams, McCallum, Drysdale, Dexter Walters in the last 12 months all more for the future than now not sure if they are classed as U/21s or U/23s used to be all called reserves in my day

Nick

Administrator
He’s signed Williams, McCallum, Drysdale, Dexter Walters in the last 12 months all more for the future than now not sure if they are classed as U/21s or U/23s used to be all called reserves in my day

All of those were last summer with Drysdale later weren't they?

He hasn't signed so many this summer.

Mucca Mad Boys

Every signing in football is a risk.

There’s a lot of things that a different than our past recruitment policies:
- we actually have a recruitment process now
- players are being identified well in advance of the transfer window
- Robins has a clear footballing philosophy and strategy

I’m optimistic about all of our signings. Sure, some may not work out, we’ll have to wait and see.

Alkhen

The thing is this time, do we have a player we would all be gutted if they went? I don't think there is, there's no McNulty or anybody.

I hear you, I'm pretty fond of Baylis but do admit he hasn't kicked on.

I think I'd be fecked off if him, Kelly or Hyam went. I also think Willis is a miss but happy with Mcfadzen

fatso

Quietly impressed with the recruitment so far, much better than last season. I still feel a striker is needed, and there's room to.let a couple go.
But I'm impressed by the way we have gone about our business, as in no leaks to the press and very few rumours, and we have got bodies in early with time to get them settled and to work on the training ground.

kg82

So excited for new season

Be nice if we back at ricoh for it as it could be a another promotion season

I honestly feel we could have another promotion season anyway. Robins has been building what looks like a strong squad (not just 1st team). I’m genuinely excited for next season, and I never normally get like this!

Also, I’m bored of no football!

ccfcway

I honestly feel we could have another promotion season anyway. Robins has been building what looks like a strong squad (not just 1st team). I’m genuinely excited for next season, and I never normally get like this!!

that's the thing. SISU have done a lot better so far about us leaving Coventry this time, to the point where many like you are excited about the new season away from the city, as opposed to where the vast majority were in their heads, when we went to Northampton.

It must make them realise how wrong they got it last time.

After all, we always played 50% of games away from home and the support is great, so why not get behind the team if we play 100% away from home

id love to hear about a path back to Coventry, but suspect that's not going to be forthcoming

Last edited:

clint van damme

Wait there a minute mate, I'm just going to get my chips so you can piss on them.

In all seriousness, there's always risk involved, no transfer is ever a gurantede, but it looks as though we've done good business and we seem to be going about things the right way but only time will tell if we have or not.

Otis

Okay. We have to remember that this looks good on paper, but that a football game is played out there on the pitch.

People were excited when we got Conor Chaplin, when we got Joe Cole, Peter Vincenti, Oggogo etc

And also, sometimes players fit, sometimes they don't and in the same way supposedly crap players come here and I wait until they pull on the shirt before judging them as a City player, I will be exactly the same about these new players who are supposedly good.

Jcap

I honestly feel we could have another promotion season anyway. Robins has been building what looks like a strong squad (not just 1st team). I’m genuinely excited for next season, and I never normally get like this!

Also, I’m bored of no football!
Not watching the Women’s World Cup? You’re missing out. It’s been pretty decent so far.

djr8369

Okay. We have to remember that this looks good on paper, but that a football game is played out there on the pitch.

People were excited when we got Conor Chaplin, when we got Joe Cole, Peter Vincenti, Oggogo etc

And also, sometimes players fit, sometimes they don't and in the same way supposedly crap players come here and I wait until they pull on the shirt before judging them as a City player, I will be exactly the same about these new players who are supposedly good.

I still can’t believe Ogogo didn’t work out. Given more minutes I wonder if he’d have done ok but he seemed to make loads of mistakes whenever he was playing. First game of the season (Scunthorpe?) I thought he looked good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the rumpo kid

Allen absolutely ran the game against us at home last season. Always at the ref, very busy in your face type player, I'm quite happy with him signing.

Mucca Mad Boys

Allen absolutely ran the game against us at home last season. Always at the ref, very busy in your face type player, I'm quite happy with him signing.

8 goals in all competitions too last season.

I’m really happy with this signing. We’ve got some depth at CM; Allen, Kelly, Bayliss, Shipley and Westbrook.

I am really happy with how the squad is shaping up at the minute.

Users who are viewing this thread