James Maddison sell on clause? Bid from WEST HAM (1 Viewer)

ccfc_ukr

So because Arthur Albiston won 3 F A cups he was a great full back?
well he obviously did something right. Just because a player plays an international friendly doesnt make them a good/ better than 'X' player... especially when the national team achieves sweet FA.

Plus Henderson gets minus points for the cringeworthy Nivea commercials.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Funny, I thought the anti SISU purist in you would hate everything about the PL? It's a circus that's primary function is to sell TV rights at home and abroad, it does not care about people like you or I.
No I hate everything Sisu and would still do even if and when they leave. As for the PL are you saying that should we ever get back there that you would boycott unti we were relegated again?

Chipfat

Watched game last night and what struck me most about Maddison was how much he had matured physically. Look a decent solid stature - it was what was missing from his game when with us, all the skills etc but weak. Thats now changed and I can see a really bright future for this Cov kid - and hopefully some cash for us off the back of it. Looked good last night, showed some nice touches without ever setting the place alight.

He is showing this season that he is better than championship football, so needs to extend himself to find his true level of his potential. He had the chance to go Spurs, Utd and Liverpool before his move to Norwich, but picked the place where he could play and gain more experience and knowledge before taking an opportunity of a bigger move. I honestly think he knows he is good enough, just was confident enough to back his own ability to know a big move would come along sooner rather than later. It took him time to settle and get physically bigger and stronger to handle playing every week in the championship and i suppose it will be the same if he steps up. But he will go to a big club and be given the chance to prove his ability that i think will allow him to succeed at being a premiership player.

On a darker note with the talk of Maddison and Wilson potential massive money moves comes back to our club. Him and Wilson are a credit to the academy and should highlight how good we as a club could be with the right backing and direction of owners. Potential 30 mill which we would get a snip of if both moves are made will be a sad day for me, not one where celebrating a % of a sign of success. We cant stand in players ways but i think we all agree players that we have had and have had to cash in on to bring in loans would of never got us to L2.

covcity4life

so huddersfield get promoted and their fans become johnny come latelys?

it makes sense your either in a position to win league, go for euro spots,aim for mid table or survive, this has always been the way huge money involved or not.

Some of the best players in europe play in the prem,and many of the mid table teams have brilliant players that bigger teams in other countries would like for e.g

arnoutovoc
lanzini
shaqiri
klassen
boufal

they might not always be on form or lighting up the league but teams like ajax,sporting,benfixa,porto,ac milan inte rmilan etc wouldnt be a bad fit for many of them

take delefelou for e.g. loan spell at everton, then barca got him. now hes going napoli it seems whop are top of serie a. they are not mediocre players.

i will be blessed if cov ever make it back to prem and not only we play teams with players like this but we buy these players too!!!(not those i listed as they will be well old by then!)

Chipfat

They would all do well in Europe but in the premiership they are not valued, they are a luxury most cant afford to carry. Which is why players like Milner, Whelan, Flecther and Noble to name a few, make not only a career but get loaded and adored while being mediocre in my opinion. The premiership is overated, over hyped and over played never mind full of over paid players that view it as a business as much as the owners.

Chipfat

I think Chelsea even considering buying Andy Carroll is embarrassing enough for the PL.

Upto 30 mill for Carrol, not his fault but FFS Big C will of played more, scored more and been better and not even got sold for or made 1% of what he has out the game. Game is out of control, great for the players not so for the paying public.

dadgad

Funny, I thought the anti SISU purist in you would hate everything about the PL? It's a circus that's primary function is to sell TV rights at home and abroad, it does not care about people like you or I.

Yes, you are right. Globalisation affects every aspect of modern life.
The emphasis on ‘value’ is judged on what leverage a commodity has in a world wide market.
The average punter in Taiwan couldn’t give a fuck whether Cov citizens feel an identity with
their club. The subordination of traditional values by fiscal forces have ruined the game for many.

Legia Sky Blue

On the issue of PL, I went to a football quiz where football before PL seemed not to exist. It really wound me up. Was also thinking after Cyrille died about the time he joined us, that if a similar player of his standing got transferred in the PL now, he would inevitably go to a top 6 club, even if just a squad player, let alone then staying for 7 years. Even though some clubs were obviously bigger than others, it was a lot more of a level playing field then, and all the more enjoyable for it.

Wolves_SkyBlue

well he obviously did something right. Just because a player plays an international friendly doesnt make them a good/ better than 'X' player... especially when the national team achieves sweet FA.

Plus Henderson gets minus points for the cringeworthy Nivea commercials.

NortonSkyBlue

On the issue of PL, I went to a football quiz where football before PL seemed not to exist. It really wound me up. Was also thinking after Cyrille died about the time he joined us, that if a similar player of his standing got transferred in the PL now, he would inevitably go to a top 6 club, even if just a squad player, let alone then staying for 7 years. Even though some clubs were obviously bigger than others, it was a lot more of a level playing field then, and all the more enjoyable for it.
Actually a transfer this week disproved that theory.

RoboCCFC90

Moose. He's a big West Ham fan and has inside info.

Moose is usually spot on with his West Ham info, if this happens it would be ideal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Londonccfcfan

The one biggest asset this club (apart from its fan base) is a little sell on clause in Maddison's contract.
Worth minimum of £2M to £5M.

Cranfield Sky Blue

Spurs laid out a few quid for Dele Alli - not a bad investment. £20M now may seem a lot - but in a couple of years, if he is what a lot think - may still seem a good deal.

Yes but it’s £20M to sit on the bench for a couple of years! Dele was ready for Spurs after they loaned him back! Hope I’m wrong cos as I say I do think he’s a talent.

Warwickhunt

I would think that because the deal went through in the last few minutes of the transfer window and the up front fee was'not as big as it should have been I would have thought the sell on clause would have been 20% fingers crossed that MR gets some of it

Ashdown

Madison needs to play at a higher level, where he will get more protection from better refs. At our level he was just brought down every 8 yards when he turned a trick !

Users who are viewing this thread