James Maddison sell on clause? Bid from WEST HAM (1 Viewer)

Otis

I can't help but think that Otis is going to make a saucy reply to this.
giphy.gif

speedie87

The year end May 16 accounts had profit on player sales of only £2,478,588

So didn’t even get £2.5 upfront for Maddison, can’t think of who else was sold that year which may also make up part of that total

Sky Blue Harry H

So didn’t even get £2.5 upfront for Maddison, can’t think of who else was sold that year which may also make up part of that total

Not to be pedantic, but is that net profit - i.e. is it offset by player purchases? - don't laugh - perhaps JJ!

ccfchoi87

Not to be pedantic, but is that net profit - i.e. is it offset by player purchases? - don't laugh - perhaps JJ!

We spent big money on JJ and Turnbull that year. We also brought 9 players in between December and the end of the season which didn't come cheap. There's a myth that Mowbray wasn't backed in that January but in my opinion we spent plenty.

ccfchoi87

I was told between £2m-£2.5m. Two years on and he's worth £20m-£25m according to most news outlets.

better days

Most transfers have staged payments even for the base fee
Depending on the amount the base fee may be paid in instalments over 12 to 24 months
It may well be that this just included the first tranche of the base fee

SkyBlueCRJ

Reports suggesting Bournemouth won't accept anything less than £25 million in the summer for Wilson with West Ham and Everton interested. Could be a big payday if both Maddison and Wilson are sold.

shmmeee

Could be game changing that. Going up with £3-4m to spend. Though £2m of it is probably earmarked for running costs.

Reactions: vow

BackRoomRummermill

The money that is made from a Maddison Sale will not be passed on fully , we will be lucky to have a budget , the only benefit the budget might be increased by say 100k over and above existing . There will be no windfall , there will be nothing like that . If you think there will be then you live in chimp-vile Arizona or just a fantasist. The money will be swallowed up by the parent company to cover terrible losses . To be fair I don’t blame them either I would . The thread is defunct and immature .

better days

I heard he was starting midweek
It might be a good time to play Man U while Mourinho is busy trying to force them yo sack him

chiefdave

Only 10 mins in but decent so far. No sign of nerves and if you didn't know you wouldn't think it was his first PL match the way he's giving out instructions and ordering people around.

The way they're feeding him the ball looks like Leicester are expecting a lot of him.

Grendel

Reminds me of the threads when Bigi played for Newcastle

Pathetic really

Grendel

Just wait until Carl Baker finds a club!

It’s sad. People interested in some young guy who played 20 games for us. How many fans of other clubs would do this.

Users who are viewing this thread