Transfer Rumour James Collins (1 Viewer)

Terry_dactyl

Might be a sign of Cardiff’s financial situation...I’m not convinced Collins would have been an inspiring signing even for us!

rexo87

Daily mail and Cardiff local news are saying that Cardiff beat Middlesbrough and Bristol City to signing him. No mention of us so only FLW that ever said we were in for him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Evo1883

OK having thought about this , James Collins would be a good signing .

However I suspect there will be several clubs in for him and has never appeared to be interested in playing for us in the past so I doubt we will get him

Mcbean

Our back line kept him quiet the other day so no change - saving the money for the "big" signing coming - know nothing but you seen it here first

mark82

Are you gonna tell us what you know or?

There was interest I believe. Not sure how far that went. Mark Robins likes the player. Not the first time we've looked at him. We'll kick the tyres on a lot of free agents I'm sure. Wages will be an issue with players like Collins if they have other offers.

Personally I'm torn anyway. I think he's a decent player, and certainly an upgrade on Biamou but doesn't really fit our normal model. Gives me confidence we're looking at the right type of player either way.

Tommo1993

Wasting our time with him. We can do better, it’d be a underwhelming signing and I don’t see the attraction.

cc84cov

There was interest I believe. Not sure how far that went. Mark Robins likes the player. Not the first time we've looked at him. We'll kick the tyres on a lot of free agents I'm sure. Wages will be an issue with players like Collins if they have other offers.

Personally I'm torn anyway. I think he's a decent player, and certainly an upgrade on Biamou but doesn't really fit our normal model. Gives me confidence we're looking at the right type of player either way.
He was shown round the Ricoh last time we shown interest we didn’t even end up making any offers

David O'Day

I wouldn't care. He's a decent player at this level. He's different to what we currently have. Certainly the right type of player.

He doesn't fit any of our plans or philosophies. Maybe we could have as a new clive Platt to bring on in case we need to lump it forward.

Too expensive for that.

Surprised he didn't end up at Brizzle as he's a Pearson style player.

Terry_dactyl

He'll surely only be backup. Can't see him going from being second choice at Luton to first choice at Cardiff.
I’d say you’re right. They’ve got kieffer-moore...and that’s about it. McCarthy set to ring the changes. They’ve got rid of hoilett and likely can’t afford to bring Wilson back (so the fans say). They’ll be after Baka next!

Terry_dactyl

Funny how quickly things turn, they were relegation candidates before he took over, then in with a play off shout and then back towards the former.
I guess They’ve had their expectations built up over the last few years.
Having said that, they strike me as a particularly fickle fan base.

Terry_dactyl

Seeing Swansea in the playoffs might be a factor in their current outlook
Yeah, it probably doesn’t help. It’s fair to say they don’t get along...
I’d be interested to see what happens if Newport get promoted and continue their upward trajectory. Seems that Cardiff/Newport have a pretty good relationship...I suspect only because they’ve rarely been in competition.

CDK

40 appearances 13 goals I think this season so if fit same number of appearances godden would have beat that same as walker would of.

donald_trumps

It is the most Cov thing ever. We are after a player who is in fact a big Cov fan and we lose him to another team. I get they are offering more money, but this is just so typical!

Users who are viewing this thread