Jake Clarke-Salter (2 Viewers)

lord_garrincha

I seem to recall one of their players (Lyle something? - can't be arsed to check) do the shushing Shipley after scoring the winner.

Hopefully we can get our revenge. That really pissed me off.
Lyle Taylor... Shushing is one of his celebrations I would guess as he did it at the Valley for their pen (Baka double, the boat etc.). Bit of a twat.

AFCCOVENTRY

It’s an interesting signing. JCS at 23 still on Chelsea’s books but just keeps being loaned out. He’s in the last year of his contract. Wonder if we could be offering a full perm deal at the end of the season if he does well?

fernandopartridge

It’s an interesting signing. JCS at 23 still on Chelsea’s books but just keeps being loaned out. He’s in the last year of his contract. Wonder if we could be offering a full perm deal at the end of the season if he does well?
He hasn't signed on loan yet has he? Nothing said so far too substantiate him signing

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

fernandopartridge

The Wallygraph is reporting it now.

JCS was on loan at Vitesse the season after Dabo. Dabo was there at the same time as Mason Mount.

Vitesse of course was the stadium the Arena was supposed to be modelled on.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

AFCCOVENTRY

No Jake Clarke Salter, Baba Rahman, Danny Drinkwater, Ross Barkley, or Dujon Sterling (not injured) in the Chelsea squad tonight.

- via @AdamNewson and @CarefreeYouth

procdoc

No Jake Clarke Salter, Baba Rahman, Danny Drinkwater, Ross Barkley, or Dujon Sterling (not injured) in the Chelsea squad tonight.

I’d take Sterling back, especially now he can play as a right sided CB

Hertsccfc

Wow. Didn’t realise Drinkwater was still there. Seems so long since he did anything

Telfer85

Spoke to some blues fans about JCS tonight and they were impressed with him. They were disappointed that they’ve not gone back in for him. Apparently a solid ball playing left footed centre back. Karanka ruined him so hopefully Robins will get the best out of him.

SlowerThanPlatt

Spoke to some blues fans about JCS tonight and they were impressed with him. They were disappointed that they’ve not gone back in for him. Apparently a solid ball playing left footed centre back. Karanka ruined him so hopefully Robins will get the best out of him.

Karanka was the manager for his first loan spell too I thought where he did well?

Happy_Martian

Wow. Didn’t realise Drinkwater was still there. Seems so long since he did anything

Just read a report he's been on loan in Turkey for the 2nd half of last season. Probably down the Chelsea pecking order. Would certainly do a cracking job in our CM, if we could get across the £100K per week ages :O

Londonccfcfan

They won cups and qualified for Europe and the CL before the money tbf
No not really, they were in the doldrums in the 1980s even under crowds of 15k were the norm..they were in division 2 just about survived in div 2 one season. and we were buying from them their best players Speedie etc. wasnt untill the 1990s premier league years and Bates put in millions the glory hunters surporters arrived. After Gullit arrived.

Reactions: vow

COV

No not really, they were in the doldrums in the 1980s even under crowds of 15k were the norm..they were in division 2 just about survived in div 2 one season. and we were buying from them their best players Speedie etc. wasnt untill the 1990s premier league years and Bates put in millions the glory hunters surporters arrived. After Gullit arrived.

I went down to Chelsea in 1994 to see us beat them, there were under 10,000 dotted around Stamford Bridge & they were in the FA Cup Final the following week.

Londonccfcfan

I went down to Chelsea in 1994 to see us beat them, there were under 10,000 dotted around Stamford Bridge & they were in the FA Cup Final the following week.

The glory hunters all rocked up few years later when the money flooded in.

Makes me sick.

Abramovich took it to next level making them an international brand and re developing everything.

Chelski

Londonccfcfan

QPR were easily the best team in West London in the 1980s/1990s.

They are now the 4th best, their close neighbours Brentford even in premier league..how times change.

SlowerThanPlatt

Abramovich took control of Chelsea in 2003, 97-02 qualified for the Champions League twice, not as big as they now but by no means a small club back then

fernandopartridge

They won cups and qualified for Europe and the CL before the money tbf

They had two generous benefactors really, they got a load of cash from Matthew Harding in the 90s which built the foundations for Abramovich, they were getting average gates in the teens in the 90s until Harding started to invest.

When we played them in the PL at Stamford Bridge in May 94, the gate was 8k

Londonccfcfan

They had two generous benefactors really, they got a load of cash from Matthew Harding in the 90s which built the foundations for Abramovich, they were getting average gates in the teens in the 90s until Harding started to invest.

When we played them in the PL at Stamford Bridge in May 94, the gate was 8k

Exactly my point people forget that. 3 years later they got Desailly in their team Poyet etc. Team full of internationals...and world cup winners.

BornSlippySkyBlue

I went around then so checked the scores to see if it was that year. So, in 93/4 there were 9k there and we won 1-2, the year after there were 25k there and we drew 2-2 (that’s when I went). Not sure what happened that year to increase it so much.

Users who are viewing this thread