Jake Clarke-Salter (2 Viewers)

Sick Boy

My Italian brother in-law, is not into football in anyway, told me that he’d refuse to go to Verona under any circumstances. He went on to tell me about the reputation it has for being a hotbed for fascism/racism in Italy.
The local ultras are definitely fascist-orientated, as are a lot of ultras. To not visit the city based on that is a bit over the top.

COV

I remember when they got chased out the West End and everyone else who came for the rest of the season were met with a chorus of You'll get the same as Chelsea

There's loads of reminiscing on the Chelsea forum about us & trips to Highfield Road, same as pretty much every club will talk about other clubs and look back.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Best thing about Italy is you can jump on the tram and not pay

Winning

The toll roads are the funniest. I drove through one a couple of years ago and lost the ticket. When I got to the end it tried to charge me an 80€ fine. I just sat there and refused for several minutes. A smiley face then appeared on the screen with the message 'thank you for not paying'. The barrier opened and I drove through.

Sick Boy

The toll roads are the funniest. I drove through one a couple of years ago and lost the ticket. When I got to the end it tried to charge me an 80€ fine. I just sat there and refused for several minutes. A smiley face then appeared on the screen with the message 'thank you for not paying'. The barrier opened and I drove through.
Were you in a hire car? I wouldn’t consider yourself off the hook just yet. 😉

covcity4life

You fucking can’t and I’ve had the €50 fine to prove it.
Lol me and wife paid first few days theb realised no one ever checks so just stopped paying last few days of trip

Tbh it seemed like every1 just sat down soon as boarded the tram. Never saw anyone get a ticket out that's only reason it occurred to me.

It's quite cheap tbh tho. Love the metro too. Easy to work out. I did pay for that all time lol

Skyblueweeman

Got laughed at saying this 3 weeks ago

You'll see soon enough

*inserts smug face*

giphy.gif

Londonccfcfan

Lol me and wife paid first few days theb realised no one ever checks so just stopped paying last few days of trip

Tbh it seemed like every1 just sat down soon as boarded the tram. Never saw anyone get a ticket out that's only reason it occurred to me.

It's quite cheap tbh tho. Love the metro too. Easy to work out. I did pay for that all time lol

Public transport on the continent is phenomenal and very cheap....why hire a car? Dont have to worry about parking and drink driving. And Uber is cheap.

Went to Nice few years ago....the bus ticket along the French riviera was 1€ per person. And apprantly it was valid to go all the way to a location in North west italy! That's value. And ithink we hopped on and off the bus using same ticket along route at some stunning places.

Why would you even want to dodge a ticket when it's 1€

covcity4life

Public transport on the continent is phenomenal and very cheap....why hire a car? Dont have to worry about parking and drink driving. And Uber is cheap.

Went to Nice few years ago....the bus ticket along the French riviera was 1€ per person. And apprantly it was valid to go all the way to a location in North west italy! That's value. And ithink we hopped on and off the bus using same ticket along route at some stunning places.

Why would you even want to dodge a ticket when it's 1€
I didn't hire a car rhat was earlsdoj

Bus r cheap. I think tram was 3 or 4 euros in Milan I can't remmeber rnow

slowpoke

Yeah it was a hire car, about three or four years ago.

I'm still on the run. They didn't find me yet!
Just to let you know two or three years ago a workmate went back to the US for another holiday went to pick up his hire car at Orlando airport and couldn’t take it as he owed I think it as $50 toll road bill, so had to fork out the toll fee and a surcharge think it was a total of about $100, big bother over there doesn’t forget.

Users who are viewing this thread