Jake Clarke-Salter (2 Viewers)

Skyblue_CP

Panzo isnt totally out of the realms of possibility but looks highly unlikely, would imagine looking at Dijons squad that they can afford to pay higher wages than us and are tipped for promotion this time out as were relegated last season. Would be a coop if we somehow got him though.

Clarke-Salter is much more achievable for us.

baldy

I just do , intuition 💩

giphy.gif

COV

He must be shit, Taxi for Robins

lol- before he came in people were pretty positive, now he's here there are concerns..

Hard to know until we've seen him play, its not one to get the blood pumping but good to have someone in that position. I saw one comment about Blues fans calling him "average". Isn't that kind of our ambition at the moment though, to be an established and 'average' Championship club? Completely take that point and in an ideal world in a couple of years we could be setting our sights higher, but just now- and I may be in the minority- bang in the middle of the table would be a good season.

Samo

lol- before he came in people were pretty positive, now he's here there are concerns..

Hard to know until we've seen him play, its not one to get the blood pumping but good to have someone in that position. I saw one comment about Blues fans calling him "average". Isn't that kind of our ambition at the moment though, to be an established and 'average' Championship club? Completely take that point and in an ideal world in a couple of years we could be setting our sights higher, but just now- and I may be in the minority- bang in the middle of the table would be a good season.

If average is what you aspire to, you end up with shit.

COV

If average is what you aspire to, you end up with shit.

I know what you're getting at, but wouldn't completely agree- I'd say our realistic ambition this season is mid-table, and thats pretty average. I'm not saying we need to plan to finish 21st, but middle of the league would be progress, surely?

Skyblue_CP

I know what you're getting at, but wouldn't completely agree- I'd say our realistic ambition this season is mid-table, and thats pretty average. I'm not saying we need to plan to finish 21st, but middle of the league would be progress, surely?
What do you mean! Did you see Robins interview with Boyle Sports?? we're going for promotion!

Samo

I take your point but disagree. It's a hard sell to new players isn't it? ''Look we've gone for you because your bang average and here at CCFC we are making a realistic push for mid-table mediocrity this year!''

COV

I take your point but disagree. It's a hard sell to new players isn't it? ''Look we've gone for you because your bang average and here at CCFC we are making a realistic push for mid-table mediocrity this year!''

In the case of Clarke-Salter he's here on loan for one season, I doubt he's as invested as us or MR- he's here for minutes and to further his career. Not saying he couldn't give a crap but his main driver is a bit different

Happy_Martian

In the case of Clarke-Salter he's here on loan for one season

Is he ? Haven't seen it confirmed yet. Or did I miss a post ?

1234CCFC

In the case of Clarke-Salter he's here on loan for one season, I doubt he's as invested as us or MR- he's here for minutes and to further his career. Not saying he couldn't give a crap but his main driver is a bit different
Same with Ostigard as a loanee and he showed more passion than the majority of our team last year!

Reactions: COV

NorthernWisdom

One practical thing, if he can play LHS, then that frees Hyam and Rose up to compete for RHS, which helps them improve as players next season, you'd think.

COV

One practical thing, if he can play LHS, then that frees Hyam and Rose up to compete for RHS, which helps them improve as players next season, you'd think.

Looking at who we have now, surely we have to be favourites to beat Forest, they just seem to have stood completely still? Went onto their forum for a lurk and they aren't optimistic (as well as saying some nice things about us)..

NorthernWisdom

Looking at who we have now, surely we have to be favourites to beat Forest, they just seem to have stood completely still? Went onto their forum for a lurk and they aren't optimistic (as well as saying some nice things about us)..
Should have beaten them both times last season, got absolutely mugged.

I'm unnervingly confident about this game!

Reactions: vow

SlowerThanPlatt

Yes slight favourites with the bookies

Reactions: COV

COV

Should have beaten them both times last season, got absolutely mugged.

I'm unnervingly confident about this game!

Me too, I'll go out on a limb and say that we should beat them- been more active and we finished above them (didn't we?).

This isn't a game where we go into it with hope, we should expect to win this one

COV

Yup, agreed... although I too shiver at the memories of Kevin Campbell!

How all hope can vanish in 90 minutes, that.

Remember years ago I dreaded games against Forest, we hardly ever seemed to win apart 1-0 in '87 when McGrath tried to cripple Stuart Pearce which got a bigger cheer than the goal, a 4-2 at theirs when only about 400 cov turned up and Speedie did one of his chips, and the 5-4 cup game. I think we battered them 4-0 a few years later & the legendary Juan Sara scored a winner after we were battered for 90 mins, but aside from that I personally don't have too many good memories of playing this bunch down the years.

David O'Day

Is Clarke Salter black?

Like football manager when u imagine one of yours players is white black brown based on their name and then see them in real life a different colour

For some reason imagined Clarke Salter looks like Scott dann lol

A reverse Grover Cleveland?

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I seem to recall one of their players (Lyle something? - can't be arsed to check) do the shushing Shipley after scoring the winner.

Hopefully we can get our revenge. That really pissed me off.

baldy

Remember years ago I dreaded games against Forest, we hardly ever seemed to win apart 1-0 in '87 when McGrath tried to cripple Stuart Pearce which got a bigger cheer than the goal, a 4-2 at theirs when only about 400 cov turned up and Speedie did one of his chips, and the 5-4 cup game. I think we battered them 4-0 a few years later & the legendary Juan Sara scored a winner after we were battered for 90 mins, but aside from that I personally don't have too many good memories of playing this bunch down the years.

I remember a game at the City Ground live on SKY when Andy Pearce blasted a free kick in from inside their area randomly too but there's been decent games with them over the years - I also remember a 2-2 at Highfield Road when there seemed to be about 50 pens awarded & retaken (slight exaggeration,there was only about 3)

COV

I remember a game at the City Ground live on SKY when Andy Pearce blasted a free kick in from inside their area randomly too but there's been decent games with them over the years - I also remember a 2-2 at Highfield Road when there seemed to be about 50 pens awarded & retaken (slight exaggeration,there was only about 3)

Remember both of those well- the 1-1 was 92/93, on Sky & the year they went down, and the 2-2 was 90/91, 4 penalties, 3 for us & Kilcline missed the third so Borrows took the 4th and scored... the good old days!

Users who are viewing this thread