Transfer Rumour Jack Clarke (2 Viewers)

KenilworthSkyBlue

Only issue with loans is I wonder how many more we're allowed to make and even then of course we won't be the only club after the decent ones. Up front it's even harder to think of options other than asking Joy for a few quid. With free agents the ball is at least much more in the club's court and you can stack the contract in your favour. Easier to get a bit more bang for your buck in central midfield than up front I think

The same applies for every transfer. Given our track record with developing young talent I'd back us far more to compete against a higher placed Championship club for a loan signing than I would for a permanent one.

What free agents are available though apart from Kevin Stewart - who is currently still on trial at Brentford I believe. We need someone fit and able to slot in straight away, not wait weeks or months for them to make an appearance and of course the deal has to be right for the club. It's not going to be a bang for your buck deal if they don't play.

I think the majority of clubs are going to be looking for the bang for your buck option. Like you said regarding our ability to compete in the loan market, we won't be the only club after decent free agents.

fernandopartridge

I wasn’t suggesting it, just trying to work out where this kid will fit in.

But.

I’ll be blunt, O’Hare isn’t effective enough for me. His final ball is very poor as is his finishing. His main asset is falling over in their half to win free kicks. And I think he’s one of the reasons we look so poor going forward (and if we’re honest did last season too).

He’s a good squad player, but another AM would be high up my shopping list in the summer if we are going to progress.
Sorry, I really don't understand what game you're watching

shmmeee

Sorry, I really don't understand what game you're watching

The same one as Opta from what Frostie is saying. He gets fouled a lot, tackles back a lot, but also creates little and loses the ball a lot.

I’m not saying he’s terrible, I’m saying he’s limited and we’ll need better to challenge at the other end of the table. Even if just to be able to take him out of the firing line when he isn’t playing well.

Skyblueweeman

The same one as Opta from what Frostie is saying. He gets fouled a lot, tackles back a lot, but also creates little and loses the ball a lot.

I’m not saying he’s terrible, I’m saying he’s limited and we’ll need better to challenge at the other end of the table. Even if just to be able to take him out of the firing line when he isn’t playing well.

Interestingly, have we ever had someone with shit stats thats turned out great?

superskyblue

I wasn’t suggesting it, just trying to work out where this kid will fit in.

But.

I’ll be blunt, O’Hare isn’t effective enough for me. His final ball is very poor as is his finishing. His main asset is falling over in their half to win free kicks. And I think he’s one of the reasons we look so poor going forward (and if we’re honest did last season too).

He’s a good squad player, but another AM would be high up my shopping list in the summer if we are going to progress.

I share the same concerns as you about our attacking midfield positions. Have felt that way since the start of the season. I seem to recall I was shot down for that view back in September though...

Magwitch

For me O’Hare is still a work in progress player he’s not the only one either in old fashioned football talk he’s a forward, not a striker or midfield, inbeteeen the two I’d liken him for those who can remember to a Kenny Dalgleish type mostly for the final third of the pitch, but he’s the sort of player who needs quality round him. His final ball isn’t consistent enough but that can be players around him not on his wave length but he gets forward into good positions has been a bit of a chance misser not worried about that he gets into good positions on a regular basis I’m sure the goals will come.

SlowerThanPlatt

For me O’Hare is still a work in progress player he’s not the only one either in old fashioned football talk he’s a forward, not a striker or midfield, inbeteeen the two I’d liken him for those who can remember to a Kenny Dalgleish type mostly for the final third of the pitch, but he’s the sort of player who needs quality round him. His final ball isn’t consistent enough but that can be players around him not on his wave length but he gets forward into good positions has been a bit of a chance misser not worried about that he gets into good positions on a regular basis I’m sure the goals will come.

He’s never a second striker or whatever you’re suggesting - number 8 would suit his attributes better. In fact from the data Frostie posted it’s reminiscent of a defensive player

Barnsley moved a similar player in Luke Thomas into centre midfield

Last edited:

steve101

One problem with bringing in a free-agent is the limitations on training at the moment with Covid restrictions. Not ideal for bringing players up to speed with fitness and team dynamics. That's a reason for bringing Eccles back. A Bayliss loan would be great too.

baldy

Admittedly it’s only on FB,but someone on there’s suggested we’re in for Dan Crowley from Blues & has posted a link from EFL World

Sky Blue Pete

I think we need to worry more about crazy bids coming in for Dabo or Hamer to tempt our cash hungry owners than who we may or may not bring in
I’ve been contemplating what I would accept as a crazy bid because there is a lot of opportunity for a club that finds itself with some money this season and probably into the summer

I expect 2-3 loans if others leave

Sky Blue Pete

I’ve been contemplating what I would accept as a crazy bid because there is a lot of opportunity for a club that finds itself with some money this season and probably into the summer

Would also add that there are teams who will only be thinking about survival and getting players off their books not looking to do any business and some of them will be in our league

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

I’d say we’d be expect 6/7 million - if SISu sell, even they’d be looking at what covers the difference between relegation and staying up

mrtrench

I’d say we’d be expect 6/7 million - if SISu sell, even they’d be looking at what covers the difference between relegation and staying up

I don't believe that SISU make decisions on transfers. They agree the budget and then Robings and his team have autonomy to do what they think is best.

Alkhen

Just looked up how he’s doing. He’s only on 4K/week. Whether he’d have worked out is a different story, but there’s no reason we couldn’t have signed him from the looks of it.

None at all.

Monza
capodanno-monza-brianza-1000x666.jpg

Como-Lake-Italy-1024x680.jpg

Coventry
BP2905016-Medium.jpg

IMG_20210113_190504.jpg

😀 No I love Cov and it does have some pretty bits.

Users who are viewing this thread