Jack burroughs (1 Viewer)

Cobi Jones's Dreads

Good player imo better than Eccles at RWB, never recovered from Wigan away last year. But wish him the best of luck!

Balli001

Dout it. Eccles sakamoto and latibeaudiere all cover. Even dasilva
Good luck to him, Eccles' loan to Gillingham did him a lot of good. On the other hand it is a bit strange to leave us short of RWB cover so I wouldn't be surprised to see a loan come in.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

long way home

Part on his development and a move that will help him bridge the gap. If he stays fit and gets minutes will be back better and stronger for it. Good move and good luck to the lad.

San Francisco

Checked their forum and they're proper chuffed as they desperately needed good wingbacks. He'll play regularly for certain.

Last edited:

shmmeee

Hope he gets some game time. Only player that seems to have done the loan route well is Eccles, reckon Burroughs could do the same and get a good few games and return a better player.

Reactions: AOM

PVA

Seems like a good move for him, hopefully works out well.

Thought he looked very raw for us (which he is, so not a criticism), will be good to hopefully play week in week out.

AOM

Hope he gets some game time. Only player that seems to have done the loan route well is Eccles, reckon Burroughs could do the same and get a good few games and return a better player.

I was thinking that the other day about loans.
We seem to improve the loanees we get in, but I can't think of many of our own players we've sent out who have improved drastically on their return?
Apart from Eccles, many seem to come back and then be stuck in our reserves until they get a permanent move to a lower league team

shmmeee

We seem to improve the loanees we get in, but I can't think of many of our own players we've sent out who have improved drastically on their return?
Apart from Eccles, many seem to come back and then be stuck in our reserves until they get a permanent move to a lower league team

I think we just don’t seem to produce that much talent TBH. It’s not like we’ve missed out on many. I do hope that’s going to change with us being an established Championship side though.

Reactions: AOM

TomRad85

I think we just don’t seem to produce that much talent TBH. It’s not like we’ve missed out on many. I do hope that’s going to change with us being an established Championship side though.
Hopefully Isaac Moore is the one.

bawtryneal

Er….. Maddison and Wilson
Both played for England

AOM

Once Tavares is fit, I'd be looking at loaning him out. Needs some experience for the sake of his own career, and any chance of breaking into our team.
Don't know much about the current youth squad. Eghosa and Obikwu looked quite good pre-season

steve101

Surprised. With a paper thin squad he would be useful on the bench and maybe breaking through. He provides pace and versatility. Hopefully he will be a regular starter for them because I would much prefer him being on our bench than theirs.

edgy

Good luck to him, Eccles' loan to Gillingham did him a lot of good. On the other hand it is a bit strange to leave us short of RWB cover so I wouldn't be surprised to see a loan come in.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Dont think we'll see any RWB activity. We have Van Ewijk, Eccles and Sakamoto who can all play there.

Last edited:

SBT

Until very recently, any young player worth loaning out to another EFL team has been needed to fill out the first team squad here. Now that appears to be changing, I imagine we’ll see more deals like this one.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Did I read that right, Jack Burroughs joined the club when he was 5 years old ?

If true then crikey. 💪

andy86

not seen that brand before
Oxen make the current Coventry Rugby Club kits funnily enough. Seem like decent quality.

larry_david

Howley needs to go out too. MR said last night he couldn't handle the physicality of the game. He's not gonna learn that in the u21s

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Howley needs to go out too. MR said last night he couldn't handle the physicality of the game. He's not gonna learn that in the u21s

If can't handle the physicality of Div 2 players, then what level ?

larry_david

If can't handle the physicality of Div 2 players, then what level ?
Needs games. Pure and simple. Needs to learn to get smashed, and to smash back. Needs to be a big fish in a small pond, rather than a player whose role is simply to do a job for 1 game due to injuries.

Same with Burroughs. He needs to be the focal point of every Lincoln attack down that right hand side. He needs the expectation of being a Cov player on loan at a lower club.

This is what a loan is all about. he'll have shocking games and he'll have great games but when he comes back, he's confident, fit and knows what it's like to deal with pressure of expectation.

Balli001

Does all the “look after him” comments from our fans make anybody else feel sick?
Happens with most clubs. Any decent young player, usually with some kind of Biamouesque cult, gets a loan move and its always "look after him" and "cant beleive he isnt our first team"

Users who are viewing this thread