Jack burroughs (2 Viewers)

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Just think while Kelly is there he won’t get the games he needs to really kick on. Would rather he went and bossed L1 than got twenty mins here and there. Injuries aside we don’t tend to swap out CMs much.
Why? Eccles played more than Kelly last year.

If MR picks Kelly ahead of him then you've got to question that decision. Eccles is clearly good enough and still improving. Kelly is heading in the other direction apart from a purple patch at the end of last season.

Play Eccles and leave Kelly out.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Because he needs game time in his favoured position and it looks like he’d be third behind Kelly and Sheaf based on robins selections so far.
Only because he's already playing Eccles at RWB and I think he jut wanted to get minutes in legs for the cup game.

If Eccles and Kelly are available to play CM, Eccles gets picked first IMO.

Skybluedownunder

Lincoln (surprisingly) beat Blackpool 3-0 and he played 90 again. Hopefully he keeps getting in the side.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Very happy to see him getting 90 mins and hopefully can continue.

Hopefully he can make one position his own rather than being known for being a utility man operating many positions as he will be seen as ‘Jack of all trades’ (pardon the pun) but master of none.

Being so versatile can be such a strength but it’s usually always seen as a weakness when nailing down a starting position

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Pusb1

checked their forum after their recent 3-0 win

he was receiving the lower scores and apparently struggled his side, and seemed reluctant to get forward.

Hopefully uses his loan to develop

Happy_Martian

Jack got booked on 74 mins. Game ended 0-0. Tyler Walker not in the squad for some reason.

Lincoln won on penalties 3-2 :eek::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

fatso

His stock has fallen very rapidly. Lincoln fans were absolutely creaming themselves when he signed. Carrying a knock maybe?
No dropped apparently, they have better options.
He may be on the bench Saturday for their trip to Bristol Rovers according to a Lincoln fan at work.

skybluecam

checked their forum after their recent 3-0 win

he was receiving the lower scores and apparently struggled his side, and seemed reluctant to get forward.

Hopefully uses his loan to develop
Not sure we should be recalling him then

Grendel

It’s a shambles having spent £10 million on defenders if we need to. We may as well have kept Dabo

SBT

Far from certain that Burroughs would even be our best option at RWB, in which case you’re ruining his chance to develop with a full season of first team action for the sake of a bit-part role here.

wingy

Far from certain that Burroughs would even be our best option at RWB, in which case you’re ruining his chance to develop with a full season of first team action for the sake of a bit-part role here.
Where do you think he'd prefer?

SBT

Where do you think he'd prefer?
To be honest that’s not really a concern of mine.

People on here have been moaning for ages about our young players not getting meaningful time out on loan, but it seems pointless if we’re just going to recall them after a month because one injury means they might be needed here.

larry_david

To be honest that’s not really a concern of mine.

People on here have been moaning for ages about our young players not getting meaningful time out on loan, but it seems pointless if we’re just going to recall them after a month because one injury means they might be needed here.
Agreed, even if we could recall him, he'll play 3 games then sit on the bench for the rest of the season.

Touch wood he's having a great loan. He's played pretty much every minute of every game and lwb and rwb, in all competitions. He should stay where he is and learn whilst he can for us, for next season where he can make an impact.

Julie SBA

Looks like the manager there rates him. started the last 8 games, only subbed off twice, 84 and 82 mins. And statistically is their best wing back with an average 6.97 match rating. I know its a significant drop in level to L1 but that seems pretty good to me.
Out of interest our current WB pairing are rated at 6.90 for JD and 6.73 MVE. 🤓

He's played LWB, RWB and CB so far. but with the amount of pitch time suggests they value his versatility rather than not knowing what his best position is, seems to be mostly as a LWB, The CB game was in the Papa Paint Trophy or whatever its now called.

All of that said don't think we can recall him outside of the transfer window and come January when MVE is back he'll only be needed as cover which we have in Tats and Eccles. The later of which I 'd expect to play there until MVE is fit.

If Jack continues there as he is (and avoids injury), he's going to come back with 40-50 games under his belt at a decent level.

Martin180

Looks like the manager there rates him. started the last 8 games, only subbed off twice, 84 and 82 mins. And statistically is their best wing back with an average 6.97 match rating. I know its a significant drop in level to L1 but that seems pretty good to me.
Out of interest our current WB pairing are rated at 6.90 for JD and 6.73 MVE. 🤓

He's played LWB, RWB and CB so far. but with the amount of pitch time suggests they value his versatility rather than not knowing what his best position is, seems to be mostly as a LWB, The CB game was in the Papa Paint Trophy or whatever its now called.

All of that said don't think we can recall him outside of the transfer window and come January when MVE is back he'll only be needed as cover which we have in Tats and Eccles. The later of which I 'd expect to play there until MVE is fit.

If Jack continues there as he is (and avoids injury), he's going to come back with 40-50 games under his belt at a decent level.
Ridiculous post

Far too much common sense and reasoning involved 😉

LincolnNick

I live in Lincoln and have a ticket for the game vs West Ham this week - looking forward to see how he plays. All the Lincoln fans I speak to tell me he is one of their best players- quick, aggressive and strong. The season in L1 could be the making of him 🤞🏻🤞🏻

napolimp

Agreed, even if we could recall him, he'll play 3 games then sit on the bench for the rest of the season.

Touch wood he's having a great loan. He's played pretty much every minute of every game and lwb and rwb, in all competitions. He should stay where he is and learn whilst he can for us, for next season where he can make an impact.

Absolutely. Give him the full season at Lincoln, come next August you could have the perfect second choice RWB for MVE. If we want 2 competitive players for each position, this is the perfect opportunity to grow one without having to spend millions in the transfer market.

Deity

I’d prefer he nail down the RWB at Lincoln than play multiple positions.
He needs to come back having honed his craft in his best position as he won’t ever be our first choice LB or centre half

Legia Sky Blue

Absolutely. Give him the full season at Lincoln, come next August you could have the perfect second choice RWB for MVE. If we want 2 competitive players for each position, this is the perfect opportunity to grow one without having to spend millions in the transfer market.

or 1st choice LWB!

Users who are viewing this thread