Investment on the Horizon? (1 Viewer)

RegTheDonk

Whoa whoa, hang on....it was SISU, not new owners, who were going to appoint JFH. So clearly their intention will be to bring in another new manager, in accordance with their stated plan. As far as I can see, this changes nothing as SISU were always going to be appointing a new manager anyway. Or have I missed something?

I think the inflection is that if there was some background movement and SISU were in dialogue with new people who were wanting to bring in a manager and give him money to spend .... why are SISU wasting their time with JFH.

wingy

Will always be in the believe it when I see it camp. But nothing has happened to prove the speculation wrong or right.

Jimmy not coming doesn't prove nothing is happening on other things. It could well be that Venus is so disheartened that they had to step up the manager hunt.

Sisu remain in a situation whereby they are looking for a way out, that's been the same for months even years. How things have spiralled down has made that more pressing in order to reduce potential losses.

Things get said, misunderstood, needs and pressures from fans get fed in, something gets said that "adds up" has an element of truth and suddenly the query (which is all it is ) gathers a greater life than it should. Doesn't mean we should shoot the messenger especially when given with caveats and warnings.

There is something going on in the background, but that's been the same for months, as Sisu look for a way out of the almost catastrophic mess they have created. Reality is nothing has changed at the moment
Anderson by any chance?

fernandopartridge

Nick, with the greatest respect, you or I will never know.
What, I think is a fair assumption though, & has been confirmed by a reasonably good contact of mine, is that at various times the current regime have had a fair few refusals.
Additionally, our owners appear to have been ultra selective on any information to CCFC fans.
It's very easy to say that there would always be a long queue of persons willing to apply, equally the opposite may be the case.
Perhaps, it may be a question for TF to reply to in his inimitable way, when he graces us with his presence ?
You'll never know but nonetheless it's a long list. Classic.

D

Deleted member 4439

Will always be in the believe it when I see it camp. But nothing has happened to prove the speculation wrong or right.

Jimmy not coming doesn't prove nothing is happening on other things.

Agree with all of above. Quite regardless of any potential takeover, SISU are experts in creating smokescreens that deflect away from the heat of a situation. Timmy is now able to say on Friday that they've approached a manager to move the club on from the current crisis. They would have known it was a non-starter. How much more bollocks do we need to suffer from this snake oil seller before we learn?

For the same reason I can't believe people on here are falling for the Woodlands training ground line, as a prelude to flogging off the remainder of our few assets.

Nick

Administrator
Agree with all of above. Quite regardless of any potential takeover, SISU are experts in creating smokescreens that deflect away from the heat of a situation. Timmy is now able to say on Friday that they've approached a manager to move the club on from the current crisis. They would have known it was a non-starter. How much more bollocks do we need to suffer from this snake oil seller before we learn?

For the same reason I can't believe people on here are falling for the Woodlands training ground line, as a prelude to flogging off the remainder of our few assets.

Ccfc weren't the ones pushing woodlands, it was the council.

so they went to the effort of jfh to try and get out of questions?

D

Deleted member 4439

so they went to the effort of jfh to try and get out of questions?

I'm saying they went for a business lunch on a fancy, and that being seen to have done something high profile will be happily used to (try) deflect criticism. And yes, that includes Friday.

There is nothing on offer here for a manager of repute or who has aspiration; only someone who needs a job.

Last edited by a moderator:

AFCCOVENTRY

Jimmy not coming doesn't prove nothing is happening on other things. It could well be that Venus is so disheartened that they had to step up the manager hunt.

Sisu remain in a situation whereby they are looking for a way out, that's been the same for months even years. How things have spiralled down has made that more pressing in order to reduce potential losses.

Things get said, misunderstood, needs and pressures from fans get fed in, something gets said that "adds up" has an element of truth and suddenly the query (which is all it is ) gathers a greater life than it should. Doesn't mean we should shoot the messenger especially when given with caveats and warnings.

There is something going on in the background, but that's been the same for months, as Sisu look for a way out of the almost catastrophic mess they have created. Reality is nothing has changed at the moment

Agree with this and my understanding is that Sisu have been trying to exit for a while now but are now faced with a club potentially going to L2 which will reduce whatever 'value' they place on the club to any buyer.

The short term contract apparently offered to JFH was to keep the club in L1 and for any potential sale to be completed by next summer. Of course this is a very short term vision which doesn't offer any security to a new manager. The remit is the same...you have no money and do your best with what we have.

Last season there was an offer made for the club but Sisu got greedy again as they thought there was a possibility the club would be back in the championship after Mowbray took the team on a good run. They saw a possible value increase coming. Of course that backfired in spectacular style.

There is so much going on behind the scenes we are not privy to, but the end game is coming for Sisu. It gets worse at every turn for them as owners. There isn't a single penny in the pot for the manager or for running this club anymore.

We have to ride out and see what is happening behind the scenes.

SkyblueBazza

I think the inflection is that if there was some background movement and SISU were in dialogue with new people who were wanting to bring in a manager and give him money to spend .... why are SISU wasting their time with JFH.
Keeping their options open. Surely that is one of the most sensible things they do? Sadly it is only for their own benefit not ours.

...onwards & upwards PUSB

hutch1972

Same way they knew the new ground was a non starter but still spent time on consultative groups.
As we all know they don't mind spending a few quid to produce smokescreens so a couple of meetings with jfh meant nothing.

Skybluefaz

The fella who tweeted that has some knowledge of the business world. In his bio it says he hosts a web radio show related to business. He goes on to tell people on twitter it's positive news but won't be drawn on specifics. Let's hope there's not this much smoke without fire. Although, it's the hope that kills you.

olderskyblue

Maybe if there is someone interested, he will tell us how much money they have in the bank, or if their accounts have been filed..... oh wait, that's for SCG meetings...

Esoterica

New batch of SkyBlue antifreeze for the club shop.
The fella who tweeted that has some knowledge of the business world. In his bio it says he hosts a web radio show related to business. He goes on to tell people on twitter it's positive news but won't be drawn on specifics. Let's hope there's not this much smoke without fire. Although, it's the hope that kills you.
Not in my grandad's case, it was drinking the Sky blue antifreeze. On the plus side it made his cremation spectacular.

ccfchoi87

Has he been interviewed by the media now talking about it?

Sky sports reported that he felt the budget wasn't big enough and the club didn't match his ambitions or something like that and he's going to take a family holiday instead

shmmeee

Big money from abroad eh?

200.gif

Must admit part of me thinks something is going to happen , maybe TF will enlighten us

Not sure which half of this sentence is the most overly optimistic!

Users who are viewing this thread