Investment on the Horizon? (3 Viewers)

Captain Dart

To be fair, a lot of people seem to be ignoring the article some pages back which says Red Bull are not looking to invest in English football. The article doesn't even mention us as a potential club anyway.

My money is on a Chris Anderson lead consortium, looking at BPA.

I think neither, but I've no idea who. If there is an interested consortium I think Hoffman is more likely to be involved, he is CEO of Hastings Insurance these days so he hasn't given up the day job. :angelic:

Otis

I think neither, but I've no idea who. If there is an interested consortium I think Hoffman is more likely to be involved, he is CEO of Hastings Insurance these days.

And he thinks this is a battle he can win?

Didn't work out so well last time did it. We had the French running us for a couple of hundred years.

torchomatic

I think neither, but I've no idea who. If there is an interested consortium I think Hoffman is more likely to be involved, he is CEO of Hastings Insurance these days so he hasn't given up the day job. :angelic:

Coincidence. That's the attendance of the next Checkatrade match.

Astute

Can't believe I'm getting back dragged into this this, thr whole red bull thing ain't gonna happen, but...

Why are you making an assumption that all we would do is wear a different shade of blue when all of the RB teams wear the same kit - white with red trimmings/shorts, have the same badge, they all have the samd mascot and are completely rebranded (we'd probably change from Coventry city to Red Bull Coventry). It would be far made more than just merely wearing a different shade of blue.

If the red bull thing did happen (can't see it myself) I don't see why you think they will treat us any differently when its quite clear that they have used a consistent uniformed approach across their 3-4 teams.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
This isn't just about red Bull. Who is going to put enough money into our club to sort out what has happened? As I have been saying the odds are that they will want something back. Some people are saying that they should get nothing in return. Not even a different shade of blue even though we change it every couple of years. They won't accept anything. What I have said is I will wait to see if anything is happening. Then if it is see who is interested. Then see what their plans are. But all I am getting from some is telling me that I am wrong for wanting to accept Red Bull and rebranding of our club :banghead:

Lets be straight. It wouldn't be easy to find someone worse than SISU to run our club. But some don't even want to consider a bid. They want to moan about it before we even know it is happening. And mainly by those who constantly attack CCC, the CET and nobody else :bored: So now they are attacking Red Bull although they know the possibilities of anything happening with them are very slim indeed :eek:

wingy

Fine Company they are too
Highly recommend fellas. save some dollar.

wingy

Can't believe I'm getting back dragged into this this, thr whole red bull thing ain't gonna happen, but...

Why are you making an assumption that all we would do is wear a different shade of blue when all of the RB teams wear the same kit - white with red trimmings/shorts, have the same badge, they all have the samd mascot and are completely rebranded (we'd probably change from Coventry city to Red Bull Coventry). It would be far made more than just merely wearing a different shade of blue.

If the red bull thing did happen (can't see it myself) I don't see why you think they will treat us any differently when its quite clear that they have used a consistent uniformed approach across their 3-4 teams.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
More Red Herring than Bull I think Stu.

Sky Blue Kid

Yeah but so did talking about Liverpool or Architecture SBK, I don't see why he can't make that observation, we shouldn't be so embarrassed as not to acknowledge parts of our history IMO :)
Fair comment mate, Although Slavery has been going on in Britain thousands of years before that when Britons were the slaves to Romans, Normans, and Vikings.... Works both ways like racism. :)

Don't know why I bother

Think he's(like me) refering to the "Slavery" comment being brought into a nice thread, therefore dragging the thread down.

For the record, Africans were enslaving each other long before the British ever arrived.

While it was very wrong for the British to do so it’s in history now and there are no living victims. Please also note it was the British that abolished slavery.

I really don’t get this chip on the shoulder mentality. If it happened 10 years ago, I could understand it but really?

Anyway, I’ve said my bit and as previously mentioned it’s a shame this nice uplifting thread has been dragged into the gutter by a silly comment

Captain Dart

This isn't just about red Bull. Who is going to put enough money into our club to sort out what has happened? As I have been saying the odds are that they will want something back. Some people are saying that they should get nothing in return. Not even a different shade of blue even though we change it every couple of years. They won't accept anything. What I have said is I will wait to see if anything is happening. Then if it is see who is interested. Then see what their plans are. But all I am getting from some is telling me that I am wrong for wanting to accept Red Bull and rebranding of our club :banghead:

Lets be straight. It wouldn't be easy to find someone worse than SISU to run our club. But some don't even want to consider a bid. They want to moan about it before we even know it is happening. And mainly by those who constantly attack CCC, the CET and nobody else :bored: So now they are attacking Red Bull although they know the possibilities of anything happening with them are very slim indeed :eek:

They'd be more likely to take over Birmingham or Villa in my opinion.

SkyBlueRuffian

like the times he's told us about new signings prior to them happening and turned out to be correct?
Anyone can say they've heard a rumour that investment is coming oh no sorry it's now a takeover, and hope it comes true.
I have links to the club and I can tell you they've heard fuck all.

clint van damme

Anyone can say they've heard a rumour that investment is coming oh no sorry it's now a takeover, and hope it comes true.

Anyone can say they have links to the club and have heard fuck all............oh fuck it we could go on all night!

torchomatic

Anyone can say they have links to the club and have heard fuck all............oh fuck it we could go on all night!

I've got links to the club and I've heard it is true and it isn't depending on my link.

Malaka

I originally said I did not know if it was investment or takeover and then I found at more and am led to believe it is a takeover. So Mr Ruffian before you start getting above yourself get your facts rights and remember I have never claimed it to be a fact, just word going around the club that I have now heard from two separate sources the first spoke about investment, the second a takeover. Take what you want from it, I have posted in good faith and do not know if it is true or not, but they have been bang on in the past.
If it does not turn out to be true, yes I know I will look a twat and will be gutted, but hey ho, I'm an honest guy with no agenda and posting in good faith. If you don't like it or believe it thats fine. Personally, I want to believe it, but I have posted nothing but what I have been told, I have added nothing to the info.

wingy

I originally said I did not know if it was investment or takeover and then I found at more and am led to believe it is a takeover. So Mr Ruffian before you start getting above yourself get your facts rights and remember I have never claimed it to be a fact, just word going around the club that I have now heard from two separate sources the first spoke about investment, the second a takeover. Take what you want from it, I have posted in good faith and do not know if it is true or not, but they have been bang on in the past.
If it does not turn out to be true, yes I know I will look a twat and will be gutted, but hey ho, I'm an honest guy with no agenda and posting in good faith. If you don't like it or believe it thats fine. Personally, I want to believe it, but I have posted nothing but what I have been told, I have added nothing to the info.
A little more flesh now Malaka, re who's relationship to the club these two guys and the fucking fantastic potential new owners wealth and standing please, doesn't have to be actual identities, just for plausibility.
No offence intended or lack of faith in your desire to share. :)

lifeskyblue

You won't look a twat at all. Most on here realise you are only relaying what you have been told by people at the club. There wouldn't be all these rumours or desire for change If we were doing well. We all hope you are right this time but if not your record shows that you do have some inside knowledge and therefore the next time you tell us a rumour I for one will take it seriously.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ccfchoi87

Even if it isn't true, we all needed a little bit of hope. You were right about Lewis page hopefully you're right again!

wingy

Malaka you just keep posting what you hear and don't take any notice of these people who twist your words or reasons, well done with the info you have given to this forum and well done to you for sharing your tip bits you give us . thanks
And what if what he's being led to believe is tosh, no discredit to him, I'd appreciate a little more background without getting to Identities.

Malaka

A little more flesh now Malaka, re who's relationship to the club these two guys and the fucking fantastic potential new owners wealth and standing please, doesn't have to be actual identities, just for plausibility.
No offence intended or lack of faith in your desire to share. :)
You know what I know with the exception of who wants to buy and if its true they are minted. And I would never tell you who my or what my sources are;)

rupert_bear

It's hard with the desperate times on the pitch AND off, I want to believe these rumours or not disbelieve them if you take my point but with little meat on the bones and even less coming out other than what Malaka is saying now and again believing is tough. Things are now so desperate at our club we as supporters will grab any lifeline there is. I have a contact well sort of within and he's heard Jack shit, having said that in the past he has told me one or two things that have come to Jack shit. I am clinging to the hope something is occurring behind the scenes, it has to be or we are f**kef

chiefdave

You know what I know with the exception of who wants to buy and if its true they are minted. And I would never tell you who my or what my sources are;)
It's Vince McMahon isn't it?
giphy.gif

wingy

Cheers pal
Just want to know If they are in or out of Camp?
Wealth, Solo Or Business?
Help to join the dots. :p

Users who are viewing this thread