Investment on the Horizon? (4 Viewers)

Rodders1

Did you see that programme on Admiral a couple of months back? Brilliant.
Yeah I live near the old factory. Funny thing is our most famous kit was designed and made in Leicester! Thinking the designers were having a laugh at our expense!

torchomatic

So a lot of people want to get rid of SISU by hastening the death of the club and starting a new club in a park somewhere and pretending it's CCFC

And a lot of people, possibly some of the same ones, aren't prepared to change the shirt colours even if that were the price we pay to get rid of SISU

You couldn't make it up

A lot of people complain about us moving to Sixfields temporarily and ruining our identity yet are totally prepared to change everything; maybe even our name and kit colour. You couldn't make it up.

ceetee

A lot of people complain about us moving to Sixfields temporarily and ruining our identity yet are totally prepared to change everything; maybe even our name and kit colour. You couldn't make it up.
I can see all the objections to moving to Sixfields, even temporarily, but to say it changed our identity is hardly credible. There were other reasons to be annoyed.
You didn't have to make anything up.

Astute

Maybe is the word.

We don't know if it is true. We don't know who it is rumoured to be. But some don't want it to happen just in case they try to change the colour of our kit or some other sort of rebranding.

We might as well stay with SISU. Better the devil you know ;)

wingy

I can see all the objections to moving to Sixfields, even temporarily, but to say it changed our identity is hardly credible. There were other reasons to be annoyed.
The threat to our existence.
Not overstated, still possible and simple to dispel through hindsight but not in that heat and history is still being written on it.

torchomatic

I didn't. Look back through threads if you can be bothered, it has been said many times, "they're not my club anymore", etc.

torchomatic

Maybe is the word.

We don't know if it is true. We don't know who it is rumoured to be. But some don't want it to happen just in case they try to change the colour of our kit or some other sort of rebranding.

We might as well stay with SISU. Better the devil you know ;)

I'm not saying stay with SISU. All I am saying it is a bit hypocritcal to in one breath complain about SISU, their evil hedgefund antics stripping us of our history/identity and their "rebranding" (that was said today) yet in theory welcome being totally rebranded. Fine for some, but not for me.

Anyway, I hope when we do get taken over it is by a local scrap metal merchant who has enough dodgy cash to redevelop the Butts. It would be nice to be a community club again rather than a by-the-numbers global brand, with same kit, same badge, etc.

I just don't think being a totally different club is a price worth paying. It obviously is for others, which is fair enough. Anyway, it will never happen.

Hobo

I'm not saying stay with SISU. All I am saying it is a bit hypocritcal to in one breath complain about SISU, their evil hedgefund antics stripping us of our history/identity and their "rebranding" (that was said today) yet in theory welcome being totally rebranded. Fine for some, but not for me.

Anyway, I hope when we do get taken over it is by a local scrap metal merchant who has enough dodgy cash to redevelop the Butts. It would be nice to be a community club again rather than a by-the-numbers global brand, with same kit, same badge, etc.

I just don't think being a totally different club is a price worth paying. It obviously is for others, which is fair enough. Anyway, it will never happen.

My biggest complaint about SISU is they have never put forward a consistent or believable plan that the fans could buy into.

stedo86

I would love to keep the traditions of the club as much as anyone but the way things are going we will only have a history with no future quite possibly no club! I think I would accepts changes to name badge etc if it means having a club to support! Am I wrong here?? Having a club to support or a club to talk about that used to be in existence????

torchomatic

My biggest complaint about SISU is they have never put forward a consistent or believable plan that the fans could buy into.

Don't disagree. Still wouldn't want Red Bull or even worse liquidation though.

Hobo

Liquidation and starting again is a stupid option and should only be contemplated once it has happened.

But there has to be a plan and some investment the club needs stabilising and getting out of League 1 won't be easy. But we certainly need the club to be run on sensible lines and at least be competitive at this level. Players will come and go, but we do need a bit of stability especially around the spine of the team. Bringing through youth is great, but we need to invest in players around the 24 to 28 year old bracket. People who can still develop but give us 3or 4 years service.

The big worry for me is how much infrastructure seems to have been eroded.

Astute

What do you see as being the worse thing to happen?

Wearing a different shade of blue but getting back to where we should be or keep SISU and keep going lower and not have a ground of our own?

stupot07

Wearing a different shade of blue but getting back to where we should be or keep SISU and keep going lower and not have a ground of our own?
Can't believe I'm getting back dragged into this this, thr whole red bull thing ain't gonna happen, but...

Why are you making an assumption that all we would do is wear a different shade of blue when all of the RB teams wear the same kit - white with red trimmings/shorts, have the same badge, they all have the samd mascot and are completely rebranded (we'd probably change from Coventry city to Red Bull Coventry). It would be far made more than just merely wearing a different shade of blue.

If the red bull thing did happen (can't see it myself) I don't see why you think they will treat us any differently when its quite clear that they have used a consistent uniformed approach across their 3-4 teams.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

torchomatic

Stu has already beaten me to it but it wouldn't have anything to do with shades of blue. They have a brand and all their teams reflect that brand through name, kit and badge.

As I said it's not for me.

Captain Dart

smileycov

Facebook User
Not sure if mentioned before, but Red Bull didn't put RB in front of Leipzig and it doesn't stand for red bull.

Senior Vick from Alicante

Liquidation and starting again is a stupid option and should only be contemplated once it has happened.

But there has to be a plan and some investment the club needs stabilising and getting out of League 1 won't be easy. But we certainly need the club to be run on sensible lines and at least be competitive at this level. Players will come and go, but we do need a bit of stability especially around the spine of the team. Bringing through youth is great, but we need to invest in players around the 24 to 28 year old bracket. People who can still develop but give us 3or 4 years service.

The big worry for me is how much infrastructure seems to have been eroded.

The first thing you would do with the club is invest a couple of million in a decent squad for this level. Their would be an upturn in crowds which would lead to greater turnover to enable you to build the infrastructure you need behind the scenes. Take back ticketing, get a better club shop in the city and employ staff to enable us to get on a proper footing in the day to day running of the club. The running costs of the club have been paired back that far that were just a shell at the moment rather like one of the shell companys that Sisu are so fond of. I just hope that the questions to Fischer next Friday are not edited by the club in the way the SCG minutes have been although they might need censoring! As for Red Bull, they have said they do not want an English club so i cant see that happening, I can see Fischer getting in on the act though as he does have Joys ear, If its a hitter like has been rumoured i would like to think the Jag may be involved as they have pulled out of buying Silverstone. Money burning a hole in their pocket and sponsoring the Ricoh as well as both teams but I dont know if that could be an option for them?

OyJimmy

I could imagine JLR buying Coventry and going for Ricoh naming rights now they have lost out on Silverstone. But they'd probably want to rename us the Coventry Jaguar's which I could live with as it's a bit cool anyway.

Skyblueweeman

To be fair, a lot of people seem to be ignoring the article some pages back which says Red Bull are not looking to invest in English football. The article doesn't even mention us as a potential club anyway.

My money is on a Chris Anderson lead consortium, looking at BPA.

shmmeee

Or Andrex.

Knowing our luck and our fans, they'd be shit and wed protest by buying loads of toilet roll to throw on the pitch.

To be fair, a lot of people seem to be ignoring the article some pages back which says Red Bull are not looking to invest in English football. The article doesn't even mention us as a potential club anyway.

My money is on a Chris Anderson lead consortium, looking at BPA.

And the two people with the actual rumour saying it is someone already involved with the club.

Honestly, if we're making up dream consortiums, can we play "which former players would you like to front a consortium"?

A trio of Dublin, Huckerby and Whelan for me.

Edit: changed my mind: Marcus Hall

Skyblueweeman

Knowing our luck and our fans, they'd be shit and wed protest by buying loads of toilet roll

And the two people with the actual rumour saying it is someone already involved with the club.

Honestly, if we're making up dream consortiums, can we play "which former players would you like to front a consortium"?

So you know that CA has absolutely nothing to do with the club anymore? So he's not official, doesn't mean he doesn't have any links still at the club or any connections to it.

Mardy shit...

shmmeee

So you know that CA has absolutely nothing to do with the club anymore? So he's not official, doesn't mean he doesn't have any links still at the club or any connections to it.

Mardy shit...

Um.... I was agreeing with you that it wouldn't be Red Bull.

Man this place is toxic at the moment.

stupot07

Forget a take over consortium, can they bring their boots, they'd all be an improvement on our current forwards!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread