...increase in migrants across the Channel. (1 Viewer)

fernandopartridge

Buying what? Direct Marketing by social media ( in this case by Russia ). I don’t think Russia was the main player by any means, or that social media in the short run up could have convinced 17.4 million people on it’s own. Just another influence, late in the game and not as big as others. I have not mentioned Salisbury and, yes, that is a daft theory. To say that Russia has no influence on public opinion is also not realistic.

You really need to get out more.

W

westcountry_skyblue

The Germans couldn’t get across 70+ years ago now if you have a dinghy with 20 on it it’s a piece of piss
Thing is you let one in and the whole family gets a free pass to overflowing Britain
Just hope Abbot never becomes Home Secretary as she’d supply them with boats
Then moan about the nhs and housing!!!

martcov

Just do it Mart ! There must be some lovely walks up on that North Coast, a bit chilly though at this time of year ?!

Do what? High water. Storm yesterday and day before. Off to Stuttgart next week and Berlin the week after. Cov last week. Certainly not too much at home.

Grendel

Do what? High water. Storm yesterday and day before. Off to Stuttgart next week and Berlin the week after. Cov last week. Certainly not too much at home.

Careful in Berlin. Watch out for skinheads

Ashdown

We stayed at hotel castor many moons ago, I think it was a bit of a gay area. Loved Berlin though, so much space !

martcov

We stayed at hotel castor many moons ago, I think it was a bit of a gay area. Loved Berlin though, so much space !

I don’t know where that is. I stay in Neukölln with a girl I know. More personal ;-). In August I am in East Berlin at the Berliner Bierfestival.

The Lurker

Pete is talking about illegal immigrants, your link is talking about asylum seekers. Two completely different things.

no they are not. everyone who comes here claims for asylum in the first place. illegals are the ones no one knows about. the ones who work cash in hand. the fact is this country is full, nhs is at breaking point, houses and schools the same. I can’t imagine what this country will be like in 10 years. yet brexit gets the blame for everything.

skybluetony176

no they are not. everyone who comes here claims for asylum in the first place. illegals are the ones no one knows about. the ones who work cash in hand. the fact is this country is full, nhs is at breaking point, houses and schools the same. I can’t imagine what this country will be like in 10 years. yet brexit gets the blame for everything.

We bring asylum seekers here, not all asylum seekers arrive under their own steam. Chinese illegal immigrants arrive legally on a tourism visa (over 5000 a year) and then disappear to work illegally having never claimed asylum as do illegal immigrants from countries all around the world. You seem to be blurring the lines.

Westendlad

We bring asylum seekers here, not all asylum seekers arrive under their own steam. Chinese illegal immigrants arrive legally on a tourism visa (over 5000 a year) and then disappear to work illegally having never claimed asylum as do illegal immigrants from countries all around the world. You seem to be blurring the lines.
As i said before Tony....Plenty of room in Eire....That would be ok with you wouldn't it ? P.s Mart f off you don't even live here, concentrate on your own countries problems.

The Lurker

you born stupid? asylum seekers are what’s in the name. they are seeking asylum. Most arrive here. so your saying 5000 Chinese people each year stay here illegally?

skybluetony176

you born stupid? asylum seekers are what’s in the name. they are seeking asylum. Most arrive here. so your saying 5000 Chinese people each year stay here illegally?

No I wasn’t born stupid. That’s how I know the difference between an asylum seeker and an illegal immigrant.

I don’t say 5000 Chinese stay here each year the government do. 15% of all Chinese who arrive in the U.K. on a tourist visa disappear. If you’re not born stupid you can find these remarkable easy things to find out, out.

Westendlad

Tony only gets his 'facts' off wiki or some lefty rag......So yes he is stupid :)

The Lurker

No I wasn’t born stupid. That’s how I know the difference between an asylum seeker and an illegal immigrant.

I don’t say 5000 Chinese stay here each year the government do. 15% of all Chinese who arrive in the U.K. on a tourist visa disappear. If you’re not born stupid you can find these remarkable easy things to find out, out.

you did say 5000 why have it in brackets after saying that? so your telling me no one who arrives here illegally claims asylum?

Sky Blue Pete

they are not put in centres. They are put in houses. Read this! Asylum support

Yet we have homelsss people born here not given that! It’s ridiculous! Charity begins at home
It’s not lurker and all councils have a reaponsibility legally to house homeless people. Homelessness is a really complex issue not affected by asylum seekers.

If you will I can tell you how a vulnerable female with a terrible story who was part of our church was told one might she was being moved to a new property and was driven to a new ‘home’ Over 100 miles away from her friends and support. Any suggestion from you that this is better than we treat ‘our own’ is insane and inhuman too. I’m sorry I wasn’t clear that those in centres are generally people who we are aware about on arriving rather than those claiming it once here and it’s a mixture of centres and local authority housing

Westendlad

It’s not lurker and all councils have a reaponsibility legally to house homeless people. Homelessness is a really complex issue not affected by asylum seekers.

If you will I can tell you how a vulnerable female with a terrible story who was part of our church was told one might she was being moved to a new property and was driven to a new ‘home’ Over 100 miles away from her friends and support. Any suggestion from you that this is better than we treat ‘our own’ is insane and inhuman too. I’m sorry I wasn’t clear that those in centres are generally people who we are aware about on arriving rather than those claiming it once here and it’s a mixture of centres and local authority housing
.........Whilst you live in your leafy suburb no doubt ....

skybluetony176

you did say 5000 why have it in brackets after saying that? so your telling me no one who arrives here illegally claims asylum?

I was quoting official government statistics. Not my statistics.

I’ve already made the point of telling you that asylum seekers don’t all arrive under their own steam so no I’m not telling you that asylum seekers don’t arrive illegally. Doesn’t mean that they don’t have a genuine claim for asylum though.

By the way it was you’re not your. Again because I wasn’t born stupid I know these things.

Westendlad

I was quoting official government statistics. Not my statistics.

I’ve already made the point of telling you that asylum seekers don’t all arrive under their own steam so no I’m not telling you that asylum seekers don’t arrive illegally. Doesn’t mean that they don’t have a genuine claim for asylum though.

By the way it was you’re not your. Again because I wasn’t born stupid I know these things.
Lol

martcov

As i said before Tony....Plenty of room in Eire....That would be ok with you wouldn't it ? P.s Mart f off you don't even live here, concentrate on your own countries problems.

Still a British subject though and have family in Cov. Don’t like the direction my home country, England, is going in. It’s country‘s not countries btw..

ccfc92

What do illegal immigrants get for free exactly in this country?

Found this quite interesting to read through : Asylum support

Assuming these people crossing the channel fleeing war are looking for Asylum?

If you’ve been refused asylum
You’ll be given:
  • somewhere to live
  • £35.39 per person on a payment card for food, clothing and toiletries
You won’t be given:
  • the payment card if you don’t take the offer of somewhere to live
  • any money

skybluetony176

Tony only gets his 'facts' off wiki or some lefty rag......So yes he is stupid :)

Grendull fact checks my posts on Wiki. Doesn’t mean I use it. Not sure what “lefty” rags you think I read to know the difference between an asylum seeker and an illegal immigrant. Even some “righty” publications will tell you the difference.

skybluetony176

Where do you get yours? Breitbart, Daily Farage, Infowars or the Sun?

Anything printed in bold text using words no more than two syllables would be my guess. Probably printed in capitals because it’s a bit shouty and printed in red ink to match the angry faces of the target readership.

ccfc92

They still get looked after if they're refused Asylum?

If you’ve been refused asylum
You’ll be given:
  • somewhere to live
  • £35.39 per person on a payment card for food, clothing and toiletries
You won’t be given:
  • the payment card if you don’t take the offer of somewhere to live
  • any money

Users who are viewing this thread