Ince, Robins or Shaw (1 Viewer)

Otis

They haven't tried that tactic for sure.

Ince's bit of paper says 'shoot'

Thorn's piece of paper said 'triangles'

Boothroyd's piece of paper said 'welly it.'

And ....

Coleman's simply said 'Who's a pretty boy then?'

AFCCOVENTRY

Interesting that Robins has come close to being named Cardiff boss, Preston boss, Bristol City boss etc.... but never offered the job.

Will be interesting if he is made an offer by us.

Also he doesn't have the best relationship with Fergie. So that's good.... Brown will be recalled :whistle:

Diehard Si

Interesting that Robins has come close to being named Cardiff boss, Preston boss, Bristol City boss etc.... but never offered the job.

Will be interesting if he is made an offer by us.

Also he doesn't have the best relationship with Fergie. So that's good.... Brown will be recalled :whistle:
Always the bridesmaid....

Nonleagueherewecome

It's off topic but I just stumbled across Jimmy Hill getting truly hammered, in a satirical sense: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i91KQs12-q4&feature=g-vrec

This should not get the thread moved to another section of the forum as the features features not just one but two ex-City managers (being lampooned for saying silly things).

Black6Osprey

If it wasn't for the points deduction he had, he would have got them (Rotherham) promoted on a shoe string budget. Good enough for me

I think the point is that Rotherham had a very very strong team when they were top of league two with La Fondre and Nicky Law etc. Barnsley had a very average team and performed very average with no improvement under Robins in the two seasons he had there. We have IMO a very average team so what will Robins achieve? When he took over at Rotherham they were 13 points from safety and he had 12 games in charge that season. They were relegated still 13 points from safety. In other words he did no better than the previous guy with the same players. Its got a familiar ring to it. We need a manager who can make the team play above itself to stand any chance. Again this is just my opinion based on the 5 league games I've seen so far this season with 2 different guys in charge. I hope I'm wrong and Robins turns out to be the Messiah that other people seem to imagine he is although I still can't work out what that's based on.

Last edited:

SkyBlue_Bear83

Didn't he take over at Barnsley after a make shift manager (wasnt it their physio who took over?) turned out shite (albeit after a promotion i think) and turn around their fortunes? De ja vu.....
I think it was Simon Davey the manager before, I think Barnsley had been a championship side for 4 or 5 years before Robins took over but they were bottom I think when he took over

Black6Osprey

Yes he took them up to 18th and then the following season improved to 17th. Average team = average result.

They are 13th at the moment so perhaps they will do better this season. Too early to tell.

Last edited:

Mr B

If true Robins then Ince.............. I'm sorry Shaw just isn't good enough a legendary player does not a good Manager make and our lazy bunch of feckless wonders only want Shaw as he is Thorns man and an easy ride, we need someone who isn't going to take any nonsense and give them all a rocket.

covcity4life

i dont mind now,all 3 seem to have plus points we can cling on to for hope

ince-double promotion,guvnor
money-develop youth,been promoted
robins-left rotheram in great position,kept barnsley up,former striker

sky blue john

someone mentioned Curbishley in this thread, and i may be wrong but did'nt Waggottt or Fisher once work with him at Charlton .

If they did and they wanted someone to come in and rebuild the club , surely curbs did exactly that at Charlton, so could he be a dark horse.
I know i'm clutching at straws and we certainly could'nt afford him , but he has been sat at home for the last 4 years not earning much money, so could need the work !!!
I'd seriously love it if it was him

The Rev

I'm sure Curbishley would have been first choice because of the Charlton relationship and was i imagine sounded out.
But probably didn't want it or we couldn't afford him.

wingy

I'm sure Curbishley would have been first choice because of the Charlton relationship and was i imagine sounded out.
But probably didn't want it or we couldn't afford him.

Not sure he was still around when these two were there ,Phil Parkinson Was the more recent manager I remember prior to chris Powell.

Users who are viewing this thread