Ince, Robins or Shaw (1 Viewer)

Black6Osprey

So on that basis, where are Reid, Adams, Dowie and Bothroyd when you need them?

To be fair I never had a problem with Adams or Dowie and both IMO would do better than the 3 mentioned. Reid wasn't here long enough and wasn't given the funds he wanted but Boothroyd was struggling.

dongonzalos

How the hell did Shaw make the top 3? I am just hoping they want either Ince or Robins and thought they would include Shaw as a gesture.

I think he has to, if the players get wind he is not in the running. They have nothing to prove to him.

Not that they are trying to prove anything anyway it seems.
Robins for me from those options

S

SkyBlue Baker96

Here's a scenario, if we were to win tomorrow night, and very convincing say 3-0 could this change who gets the managers job? Or just delay the announcement because he might get another chance on Saturday?

CovLis86

Robins tactically, or Ince for respect. Tough call, neither are glorious options in my eyes. Hope whichever may get appointed they prove me wrong. If Shaw gets it, the board have literally been taking the piss out of us for 3 weeks, and for the remainder of the season.

Otis

I think he has to, if the players get wind he is not in the running. They have nothing to prove to him.

Not that they are trying to prove anything anyway it seems.
Robins for me from those options

And Ince by all accounts has always wanted to be backed financially by boards. Robins has always worked on a very small budget.

Steve.B50

Shaw is a decent guy, might make a Manager one day but for now he should stick to coaching.
SISU have no idea but giving the job to Shaw is the wrong choice.

What has Ince ever done?

What ever happend to Wise?

Otis

Ince was brilliant in his first spell at Macclesfield. That was nearly 6 years ago though.

Got rid of from his last 3 positions.

covcity4life

gotta be ince imo

we need the guvnor to scare the players and he did well at macclesfield and mk dons iirc

robins may just be used to medicority and we really need to shed that

money could be a hero or flop,no idea

dantheman

If it goes to Robins I'm off to throw myself in the river.

The selection process makes no sense to me. We need to get promoted so the best way is to get a manager with a proven track record for achieving that.

Who the hell walks in to an interview is asked "Have you put together or managed a promotion winning side", gets an answer "No" and then gets the job.

I fancy being an airline pilot, here we go look "British Airways - Pilots needed - No Experience required". Great stuff.

What is your problem with Robins??

He is absolutely my choice,for a start he has never failed.

He stuck with Rotherham through TWO points deductions and left them top of the league when he was poached by Barnsley.

Get a grip man!

torchomatic

I think it has to be Robins.

Otis

Yep, Robins.

Always thought he was a decent manager and though not on my own list of candidates I would want here we could do a lot worse.

We need someone with experience of working on a tiny budget and he fits that profile.

If that's the 3 I hope it's him.

Sutty

Is everyone forgetting Robins hasn't just managed Barnsley? With Rotherham he would have got promotion but for a 17 point football league deduction. So we can forget this rubbish about him not being able to win games.

CUS Wyken

Robins for me too.. Ince does not give me much confidence. At Notts County he got sacked after 9 straight defeats... sound familiar:thinking about:

LJC_CCFC

With Ince at least we know he won't be taking any shit from the players and will give them the kick up the backside they need

mattylad

Cheap options

Got to be the three cheapest options...still wouldnt suprise me if Shaw got it :facepalm:

skyblueman

Got to be the three cheapest options...still wouldnt suprise me if Shaw got it :facepalm:

Can't be Shaw - he's only on the list cos he's still got to be around once the new manager is in - obviously we won't get it

So it's between Robins & Ince going on this

It will be Robins....

Black6Osprey

I can see it now "Coventry is one of the biggest brands in football" and "Our new manager is Mark Robins".

Two ridiculous statements in a week. My cup overflows.

It might put an extra 10 on the gate. Has he got a big family?

Last edited:

CUS Wyken

I can see it now "Coventry is one of the biggest brands in football" and "Our new manager is Mark Robins".

Two ridiculous statements in a week. My cup overflows.

It might put an extra 10 on the gate. Has he got a big family?

Why you knocking the fella? He is probably ideal for our circumsatances. Plus he was a striker so hopefully help in the final 3rd.

ricohroar

Stats incase your interested: By the way its Money not Shaw, telegraph typo they can't cope with two people called Richard.

Ince

Macclesfield managed 35 games 40% win
MK Dons 1st managed 55 games 60% win
Blackburn managed 26 games 28.64% win
MK Dons 2nd managed 56 games 41% win
Notts Co'ty managed 29 games 34.5% win

total win average 43.4%

Robbins

Rotherham managed 128 games 43% win
Barnsly managed 92 games 31.5% win

total 38.18% win average

Money

Scunthorpe managed 70 games 32.9% win
AIK managed 37 games 43.2% win
Vasteras managed 24 games 41.7% win
Newcastle Jets managed 23 games 39% win
Walsall managed 103 games 42.9% win
Luton managed 83 games 54% win

total 43% win average

dongonzalos

Here's a scenario, if we were to win tomorrow night, and very convincing say 3-0 could this change who gets the managers job? Or just delay the announcement because he might get another chance on Saturday?

I think that is what sisu wished had happened already. Hence them dragging their feet.

What someone says in an interview is not as important as what they have actually done in the past, in our situation.

All this emphasis by tim and his wag over the managers interviewed all saying that the squad can be promoted. Is anyone who wants to get the job really going to say anything else!.

I can't understand why we need a second round of interviews what more can a person say!.

spit

How utterly depressing that Ince seems to be favourite. Out of that lot I'd only take Money.

LJC_CCFC

Tbf both Ince and Money have better win ratios than Robins and they have had promotions from league 2 which Robins couldn't do with Rotherham. Imo id be happy with Money or Ince

Sky Blues

Can't remember anyone hating Money (though I have probably just missed something), but if it is Ince, Shaw or Robins then it looks like each of them has someone on this forum ready to start the "get them out" bandwagon rolling... I hope, whoever is selected, we give them a decent chance to sort this team out.

sky blue john

I think that is what sisu wished had happened already. Hence them dragging their feet.

What someone says in an interview is not as important as what they have actually done in the past, in our situation.

All this emphasis by tim and his wag over the managers interviewed all saying that the squad can be promoted. Is anyone who wants to get the job really going to say anything else!.

I can't understand why we need a second round of interviews what more can a person say!.

Maybe if they were going for a job stacking shelves in the local co-op one interview would be enough :facepalm:

Gaz

Robins is clearly the better manager for me.

Richard Money ! Oh god I hope not.

dantheman

Can't remember anyone hating Money (though I have probably just missed something), but if it is Ince, Shaw or Robins then it looks like each of them has someone on this forum ready to start the "get them out" bandwagon rolling... I hope, whoever is selected, we give them a decent chance to sort this team out.

I don't hate Money (who does?) I feel it's about time we started pulling away from the old boys network and got someone in to take a fresh look at the club with a professional eye rather than a romantic one.we need an overhaul from top to bottom!

Users who are viewing this thread