I'll say it (1 Viewer)

shmmeee

You have got to ask how this squad would look with a fit and fired up Brown, Ogogo and Biamou in there for experience. By all accounts Brown and Ogogo were the right signings but for whatever reason have gone off the boil.

The rest are speculative signings, young players bought to develop, they’re going to be hit and miss. That’s our transfer strategy. It’ll be the same whoever our manager is.

Said it before and I’ll say it again. I’d stick with Robins for the next 4/5 years barring a major disaster. We aren’t going down this season. He’s done OK and will build next year. Keep the faith.

Cavan O'Doherty

As long as he doesn’t get us relegated I think he deserves the courtesy of another season. If it’s the same story next year then I will start to question his position. If you look at where we were when he came in to where we are now, by all accounts he’s done a good job. If he wasn’t pushing for play offs next year then it might be time to say goodbye.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

That's a good post. I think we have some excellent player in Hyam, Westbrooke, Bayliss etc, but what is going on further up the pitch worries me. I think we need Doyle back asap simply for his leadership qualities. Youth is great but it's headless chicken stuff on occasion once we get into the opposition half.

But that in itself is a problem.

Without Doyle the team doesn't seem to have that mental strength or on-pitch leadership. With him in the team he sits too deep and we're forced back and unable to create the chances or have one isolated attacker and the ball keeps on coming straight back at us.

We need a Doyle-esque player, but arguably not Doyle.

fernandopartridge

Jeez...where you been all season.

Been saying it for months how Shit Chaplin is. Single him out week in week out.

2 months ago I said categorically hes the worst striker league 1...by a million miles.
Offers nothing.

Whys it taken everyone 2 thirds of a season to realise.

Like I said months ago I am shuddering to think he will be leading the line next year.

5 foot nothing with Zero pace for 500k makes no sense. I said let him go for free cut our losses.

Hiwula and JCH who arnt exactly top notch but still are on different planet to that loser.

Portsmouth laughing all the way to the bank.

Buffoon

Magwitch

You have got to ask how this squad would look with a fit and fired up Brown, Ogogo and Biamou in there for experience. By all accounts Brown and Ogogo were the right signings but for whatever reason have gone off the boil.

The rest are speculative signings, young players bought to develop, they’re going to be hit and miss. That’s our transfer strategy. It’ll be the same whoever our manager is.

Said it before and I’ll say it again. I’d stick with Robins for the next 4/5 years barring a major disaster. We aren’t going down this season. He’s done OK and will build next year. Keep the faith.
Talking to a Shrewsbury fan who asked about Ogogo told him the story he did say great player for them but had an horrendous injury, what ever it was so maybe he still needs time or has not got over it yet, if at all. Perhaps he never will.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

The fans will have walked away by then.

We'll be down to crowds of 7000 if we don't mount a serious charge next season.
If that's true then even allowing for our terrible owners still putting some people off it shows our support is poor.
Yes perhaps if we are struggling near the bottom for the next two years with no investment and a few managers passing through, but if we have improved from where we are and are solid top half then to drop below 10,000 would be a poor show. In our premier league days I always thought we were as big if not bigger than the likes of Portsmouth, Bradford and many clubs currently in the Championship. We're not.

ccfcway

Unless he makes a miracle change next week he needs to go and take Chaplin with him It's embarrassing, he looks lost

honestly not having a dig Nick, i'm curious, you might not have given it much thought, but if so, do you have a favourite who you want to replace him now ?

Last edited:

Otis

Could quite feasibily get worse under a new manager.

No more players can be brought unless out of contract and people keep saying on here the players we have got already are not good enough.

Posters keep saying all the strikers aren't good enough and can't hit a cow's arse with a banjo.

Silk purse out of a sow's ear springs to mind.

I think we need to give Robins until the summer, unless we sink a bit too far this campaign.

I do think we will be fine though.

Grendel

honestly not having a dig Nick, i'm curious, you might not have given it much thought, but if so, do you have a favourite who you want to replace him now ?

Yawn

ccfcway

No more players can be brought unless out of contract and people keep saying on here the players we have got already are not good enough.

Posters keep saying all the strikers aren't good enough and can't hit a cow's arse with a banjo.

Silk purse out of a sow's ear springs to mind.

I think we need to give Robins until the summer, unless we sink a bit too far this campaign.

I do think we will be fine though.

some people are finished with him now,which clearly they are entitled to believe

I'm curious who they would like to see next

Paul Anthony

Let's not forget the lessons learned from the Russell Slade fiasco so recently.

On the plus side, it surely can't get any worse than that.

oucho

Nigel Adkins, anyone?

mark82

a few out of work

Rowett, Neil Adams, Cotterill, Warbuton, Grayson, Stubbs...

Simon Grayson has a phenomenal record of taking teams up from league one to the Championship (although seems to struggle when they get there). Has done it with Blackpool, Leeds, Huddersfield & Preston. Didn't do particularly well at Bradford last year but think there is something bigger going on there at the moment.

If we did get rid of Robins (and I'm not saying we should - at least not right now) then I think we could do worse than giving Grayson a go. Not sure the style of football is the best but the important thing is to look to regain championship status in the next couple of years.

ccfcway

Simon Grayson has a phenomenal record of taking teams up from league one to the Championship (although seems to struggle when they get there). Has done it with Blackpool, Leeds, Huddersfield & Preston. Didn't do particularly well at Bradford last year but think there is something bigger going on there at the moment.

If we did get rid of Robins (and I'm not saying we should - at least not right now) then I think we could do worse than giving Grayson a go. Not sure the style of football is the best but the important thing is to look to regain championship status in the next couple of years.

The guy who’s last two jobs he has a win record of 17% and 21% ?. My mates a Bradford fan and they couldn’t wait to get rid of him

Sky Blue Harry H

I want him to get the time to develop the asquad. For me he gets this season (barring relegation) plus next and I will be more judgemental then. He has had bad luck with injuries to key players and taken us to Wembley twice (including promotion) so that's extra time allowed in my opinion. Changing managers at our level rarely helps. Rather someone who understands the club. Doyle next though(although I couldn't bear sacking him)

ccfc_Tom

Let's not forget the lessons learned from the Russell Slade fiasco so recently.

On the plus side, it surely can't get any worse than that.
Our current 18 game run is worse than slades 16 games in charge (granted we are playing better football at the moment)

Otis

Yes but this is mainly down to individual fuck ups. Out of the last 10 games we could and should have won about 7 of them. It's not MR fault Jordan Willis decided to press the suicide button on sat
Exactly. That should have been 3 points instead of 1 and we also should have beaten both Plymouth and Blackpool.

That's 8 points right there and that would have put us right in the playoff mix.

Poor finishing has been our downfall.

PVA

Agree with the recent posts. We're not playing too badly and I don't think we're a million miles off being a decent enough side in this league.

It is individual errors that has cost us. Predominantly poor finishing with the odd defensive error thrown in. That's not MR's fault. He's picking his team and setting his formation/tactics and we are implementing them well but being let down by individual errors.

But yeah let's sack Robins and appoint someone like Grayson who will play hoofball and make Darius Henderson and Peter Ramage -esque signings .

SBAndy

a few out of work

Rowett, Neil Adams, Cotterill, Warbuton, Grayson, Stubbs...

The only one from that list I would take over Robins would be Rowett, and there ain’t a cat in hell’s chance he’d drop down to L1 for us.

SkyBlueCRJ

I don't want a new manager, I want our one to just pull his shit together.

My thoughts exactly. Unless there's a manager out there that is of a far better calibre, I'd be reluctant to move Robins on. Yes, there's a lot he's done wrong which can't be defended, but he has done a lot right. For instance, he's actually brought some continuity to the club with regards to the U23's. Where both himself and JF have built a strong foundation for the club to move forward - something no previous manager at the club has done in a long long time, if ever.

He makes bizarre decisions and his stubbornness has caused problems both on and off the pitch but he's trying to build something here so I'd probably give him another window and go from there.

larry_david

Walsall away, burge flies out into no man's land. 0-1 win to 2-1 loss 91st min

Gill home Willis ridiculous header back 1-0 win to 1-1 88 min.

Just two examples where we should have 6 points and have 1 through ridiculous individual errors

Grendel

Chris Coleman for me. Promised the earth by sisu but got nothing. Saying that, you could say the same for most of that list.

He signed Eastwood on a huge contract - total clown

Users who are viewing this thread