I'll say it (6 Viewers)

Otis

And also, may I just add, you are seemingly constantly proving to yourself that I just sit on the fence.

If I sit on the fence getting splinters, why are you always arguing with me? I obviously have no opinion on your book.

We have disagreed and argued about Biamou, Chaplin, Robins, Doyle and lots, lots more. Politics, Sisu, Northampton, Brexit, the city of Coventry

Proves you have an opinion and I have an opinion.

Hardly sitting in the fence is it. ;)

Ashdown

We were directly in line with Thomas' shot.

If Chaplin didn't touch it, why did me and my mate sitting next to each other immediately turn to each other and at the same time both say 'that was defelcted?'

We could debate it all night. It was deflected and we saw it.

I can't unsee what we both saw.

We saw it, Chaplin claimed it and the club have said it was Chaplin's.

Pointless to go round it circles.

The ball deviated after a touch in the box. Ever so slightly, but it happened.

I don't get it. If you said to me you were right in line with something and you saw it deviate I would accept that it did.
I thought you had no mates and sat on your own ?!

letsallsingtogether

I said he headed it. That's exactly what I believed.

It was only after Robins said it took a bad bounce that made me wonder what he thought he had seen.

Stop twisting everything and you have just had another poster there say they thought it was deflected too.
He has to twist everything especially when it is yet another player he hates being defended.

Robin's obviously thought that Chaplin could take off where McNulty left off tok it hasn't worked out.
Reading paid over double for McNulty then we paid for Chaplin that hasn't worked out ether that is the way it goes, some turn out good some don't.

Otis

He has to twist everything especially when it is yet another player he hates being defended.

Robin's obviously thought that Chaplin could take off where McNulty left off tok it hasn't worked out.
Reading paid over double for McNulty then we paid for Chaplin that hasn't worked out ether that is the way it goes, some turn out good some don't.
Yep, exactly.

I feel sorry for Grendel's missus. She probably makes him fish and chips for dinner and when he asks what's for dinner, she will say fish and chips and he will come in and look and say 'No, it's not. It's cod and chips and the cod is battered and you have also put peas on the plate too.'

Warwickhunt

Not playing one up front when two nil down.

Not playing two defensive midfielders at two nil down

Not watching us come out a different team every second half.

No silly stubbornness

I'm not even expecting promotion, just not this. V
As i have said on many occasions Nick! WTF does MR say to the team at half time cos its like watching Groundhog day ! I am coming to think if we had paid a Million pound for a decent striker and not bring in so much Deadwood (Brown Agogo etc) would have been more economical

Otis

Grendel also seemingly thinks all City fans are on this forum, so if a poster on here doesn't back up what you say, he'll say it didn't happen.

I bet the vast majority in Block 20 are not on SBT.

In Block 20 you could see the slight deflection.

Nick

Administrator

He sticks his foot out too late

He didn't touch it

The players stood right next to it ran to Thomas to celebrate

It's a bit embarrassing he is still trying to claim it

Otis

He sticks his foot out too late

It got a deflection.

Looking at that though that is off the defender.

More than happy to be proved wrong. I was right though on the deflection. It WAS deflected. We clearly saw it at the time. We just didn't know who off.

Think it's off their number 3.

We both said we didn't think it was going in without the deflection.

Nick

Administrator
Yeah, it came off the defender but was nowhere near chaplin.

Haven't doubted it hit the defender on the way through.

Otis

There's chance Chaplin got his toe end on it, but that doesn't look like he touched it does it.

Nick

Administrator
There's chance Chaplin got his toe end on it, but that doesn't look like he touched it does it.
He didn't, the ball had gone past him before he put his foot out.

It's up there with the Harry Kane one, for Chaplin to still be trying to claim it it's weird.

Otis

Yeah, it came off the defender but was nowhere near chaplin.

Haven't doubted it hit the defender on the way through.
Haven't you? Okay.

People have been arguing with me though that the ball didn't deviate. Grendel in particular. You can clearly see the deflection there

We had no idea who off at the time and it was only when Chaplin claimed it that we assumed it was him.

Some posters on here have clearly been arguing with me that there was no deflection.

Nick

Administrator
Haven't you? Okay.

People have been arguing with me though that the ball didn't deviate. Grendel in particular. You can clearly see the deflection there

We had no idea who off at the time and it was only when Chaplin claimed it that we assumed it was him.

So one posters on here have clearly been arguing with me that there was no deflection.
Yeah they have been saying it didn't deviate with a Chaplin touch.

Nick

Administrator
You sure? ;) Pretty sure some did say that, but others said it wasn't deflected.
Where? It was obvious as sin it came off a defender. From what I can see people have been saying Chaplin didn't get a touch. Which he didn't.

Otis

Maybe we were at cross purposes. Definitely came across to me there was no deflection stated by some. See my post about the deflection. :)

Otis

Someone definitely touched it

We were right in line and it definitely deviated. Me and my mate both immediately called it when it went in.

There was a definite deflection. It was subtle, but did happen.

We saw the ball ever so slightly change direction. Didn't know it was Chaplin at the time, mind.
This one.

Otis

Pretty sure he's asking about Chaplin.
if so, I'm wrong, but he didn't make that clear.

'where's the deflection ' to me came across as a doubt to any deflection at all.

Happy to hold my hand up. Was convinced some were saying no deflection at all.

Nick

Administrator
if so, I'm wrong, but he didn't make that clear.

'where's the deflection ' to me came across as a doubt to any deflection at all.

Happy to hold my hand up. Was convinced some were saying no deflection at all.
Wasn't it where's the change in direction while posting the goal cam that shows Chaplin doesn't touch it?

Otis

Grendel needs to be clearer. Well to a thicko like me anyway. That post was straight after the goal cam post. So, goal cam post and then next post, 'where's the deflection.'

We can put it to bed now then. shouldn't be Chaplin's goal.

Grendel

Yeah they have been saying it didn't deviate with a Chaplin touch.

Correct as I said if it hit a defender it would still be Thomas goal - you can see from behind the goal Chaplin was no where near it

Londonccfcfan

Unless he makes a miracle change next week he needs to go and take Chaplin with him

It's embarrassing, he looks lost

Jeez...where you been all season.

Been saying it for months how Shit Chaplin is. Single him out week in week out.

2 months ago I said categorically hes the worst striker league 1...by a million miles.
Offers nothing.

Whys it taken everyone 2 thirds of a season to realise.

Like I said months ago I am shuddering to think he will be leading the line next year.

5 foot nothing with Zero pace for 500k makes no sense. I said let him go for free cut our losses.

Hiwula and JCH who arnt exactly top notch but still are on different planet to that loser.

Portsmouth laughing all the way to the bank.

sylus

Yep! as thought Chaplin never touch the ball,like i said,being a dickhead trying to claim it...Subs bench for Chaplin next week, but Robin's won't do that, its his favourite,right..

Otis

Jeez...where you been all season.

Been saying it for months how Shit Chaplin is. Single him out week in week out.

2 months ago I said categorically hes the worst striker league 1...by a million miles.
Offers nothing.

Whys it taken everyone 2 thirds of a season to realise.

Like I said months ago I am shuddering to think he will be leading the line next year.

5 foot nothing with Zero pace for 500k makes no sense. I said let him go for free cut our losses.

Hiwula and JCH who arnt exactly top notch but still are on different planet to that loser.

Portsmouth laughing all the way to the bank.
The worst striker in League One by a million miles?' Seriously?

Geez.

Otis

Hialrious.

You are always so, so, so very over the top with your statements.

By a million miles? That is batshit crazy talk.

Users who are viewing this thread