I'll say it (2 Viewers)

Otis

What does Robin's see in Chaplin,what everybody doesn't
I do think he should have been rested more and don't think we will see the best of him until next season.

If he hadn't have got that 3 goals in 4 I do think he would have been dropped, but he did and so therefore MR has kept faith with him.

ccfcway

We're not playing well at the moment, I don't deny that.

But I have seen enough this season to know that we're not far off being a decent side. We are a newly promoted team and we're 12th, that's not bad.

We are a goalscorer short of being decent.

There is no point in getting rid of Robins. We've been sacking managers for years and it's got us nowhere. Robins has a long term plan in place and is signing lots of young players.

Let's actually give a manager a chance at building something rather than getting back on the manager merry go round.

spot on. building a proper squad with a lot of youth who can develop with us.

Grendel

spot on. building a proper squad with a lot of youth who can develop with us.

What proper squad are we actually building for next season?

Grendel

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Talking about the deflection, I was assuming you meant a deviation as it went past Chaplin (i.e. a second deviation after the first from the defender's deflection) as you couldn't argue it was caused by Chaplin if it happened five yards before it reached him.

Another thing that proves is we should be more willing to shoot - so many goals are scored by deflections, miskicks etc. Buy a ticket.

Otis

Talking about the deflection, I was assuming you meant a deviation as it went past Chaplin (i.e. a second deviation after the first from the defender's deflection) as you couldn't argue it was caused by Chaplin if it happened five yards before it reached him.

Another thing that proves is we should be more willing to shoot - so many goals are scored by deflections, miskicks etc. Buy a ticket.
Is that aimed at me? :)

I only saw the one deflection. The original one. I had no idea who it came off at the time.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Is that aimed at me? :)

I only saw the one deflection. The original one. I had no idea who it came off at the time.

Yes it was (but in a friendly way :))

Fair enough you only saw the one deflection and didn't know who it came off, but given that there wasn't another player in Sky Blue within 5-6 yards of it when it happened I'd have thought it'd be pretty easy to deduce it wasn't Chaplin ;)

Anyway, it's all cleared up. There was a deflection. It definitely wasn't off Chaplin. It isn't Chaplin's goal.

Otis

Yes it was (but in a friendly way :))

Fair enough you only saw the one deflection and didn't know who it came off, but given that there wasn't another player in Sky Blue within 5-6 yards of it when it happened I'd have thought it'd be pretty easy to deduce it wasn't Chaplin ;)

Anyway, it's all cleared up. There was a deflection. It definitely wasn't off Chaplin. It isn't Chaplin's goal.
Agree.

Yeah, at the time I only saw the one deflection and there was no doubting it was Thomas' goal. It was only later that Chaplin claimed it, so assumed it must have come off him and I couldn't remember where he was exactly when the shot was made. I then didn't see the highlights either.

Clive Eakin then yesterday said the goal had been awarded to Chaplin, so again I concluded it must have come off of him. :)

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Playing Chaplin up front is rather like putting up the white flag. He can't trap a ball. Every bounce is bigger than him and for Robins simply to accept Chaplin's excuse for that terrible first half miss from 4 yards out is infuriating.
I'm not a great fan of the swaggering JCH but he's a target man and yesterday had 2 headers , the second of which he should have scored , but they were chances that wouldn't have been there if Chaplin had been on hand.
For Robins to say that our first half performance at times was terrific reminds me of the rubbish that Steven Pressley used to come out with .

Paxman II

Playing Chaplin up front is rather like putting up the white flag. He can't trap a ball. Every bounce is bigger than him and for Robins simply to accept Chaplin's excuse for that terrible first half miss from 4 yards out is infuriating.
I'm not a great fan of the swaggering JCH but he's a target man and yesterday had 2 headers , the second of which he should have scored , but they were chances that wouldn't have been there if Chaplin had been on hand.
For Robins to say that our first half performance at times was terrific reminds me of the rubbish that Steven Pressley used to come out with .

You need to go back and watch again then. Chaplin holds the ball up very well at times unlike 9/10 JCH loses it or falls over.
This is the problem though. Many on here watch a different game to the one someone else notices? Be objective but try to be honest.

Grendel

You need to go back and watch again then. Chaplin holds the ball up very well at times unlike 9/10 JCH loses it or falls over.
This is the problem though. Many on here watch a different game to the one someone else notices? Be objective but try to be honest.

Yes rather than constantly lambast one player you should be objective

Otis

Tend to agree.

Chaplin was definitely struggling a bit to hold up the ball yesterday at times, but the pitch was bad. At other times his touch was fine.

I also don't see how playing a player who had scored 3 goals in 4 matches and provided an assist for a goal in another is holding up a white flag.

Grendel

Tend to agree.

Chaplin was definitely struggling a bit to hold up the ball yesterday at times, but the pitch was bad. At other times his touch was fine.

I also don't see how playing a player who had scored 3 goals in 4 matched and provided an assist for another goal is holding up a white flag.

It was 4 in 4 a minute ago

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Chaplin missed an almost empty net in the first half Every bounce of the ball he struggles with . He runs around a lot. He chases the ball back to the keeper a lot. JCH does go to ground too easily. JCH is better in the air. JCH could have scored with 2 headers in the second half.
Is that objective enough?

Magwitch

I don’t want Robins sacked but I step back look and scratch my head on certain things he does and I am puzzled. Then I look at our squad and we have a number of 20 odd years olds who could come together and be a real good side, the likes of Hyam, Westbrook,McCallum, Mason have done well and there’s Bayliss, Mason and Shipley too we will lose the loanees but hopefully they will be replaced. It’s a young inexperianced squad that needs an input of experience, I’d say straight down the middle goalie, centre half, central mid and centre forward, that will cost money. So I’ll back MR the rest of this season then see where we are.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

I don’t want Robins sacked but I step back look and scratch my head on certain things he does and I am puzzled. Then I look at our squad and we have a number of 20 odd years olds who could come together and be a real good side, the likes of Hyam, Westbrook,McCallum, Mason have done well and there’s Bayliss, Mason and Shipley too we will lose the loanees but hopefully they will be replaced. It’s a young inexperianced squad that needs an input of experience, I’d say straight down the middle goalie, centre half, central mid and centre forward, that will cost money. So I’ll back MR the rest of this season then see where we are.
That's a good post. I think we have some excellent player in Hyam, Westbrooke, Bayliss etc, but what is going on further up the pitch worries me. I think we need Doyle back asap simply for his leadership qualities. Youth is great but it's headless chicken stuff on occasion once we get into the opposition half.

Magwitch

That's a good post. I think we have some excellent player in Hyam, Westbrooke, Bayliss etc, but what is going on further up the pitch worries me. I think we need Doyle back asap simply for his leadership qualities. Youth is great but it's headless chicken stuff on occasion once we get into the opposition half.
Agree and it’s why I am saying if we could get an old school centre forward who has been around a bit that could make the difference between what we are presently and what we want. Haven’t really got a clue who perhaps a James Collins type but as I have said he’d cost high wages.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Agree and it’s why I am saying if we could get an old school centre forward who has been around a bit that could make the difference between what we are presently and what we want. Haven’t really got a clue who perhaps a James Collins type but as I have said he’d cost high wages.
A target man would certainly the the pressure off the tiring Luke Thomas and those players that thrive on a bit of space going forward like Bayliss. . We're not far off being a team to challenge for the play offs but unless we make a signing I doubt we have the squad to do it. Top half finish this season would be a solid first season back in this league , but we look like a team beginning to drop off the front runners.

Mucca Mad Boys

Will we after changes in the summer you start again trying to get a team to gel, we got lucky last season with McNulty but he had done it before at Livingston, none of our current batch of strikers have that sort of past record.
Also Robins seems tatically inept look at yesterday Chaplin up against the largest defense in the division, it might work if you had a large guy right by him, but on his own no way.
Then when we really need goals we leave Chaplin on the pitch in midfield, he looked lost there.
Robins needs to get a balance in the team and play the players in their best position, not Hiwula on the wing.

I agree that we need more balance in the team, but we’re in a decent place given the circumstance. In less than 2 years, we’ve gone from a the worst team in L1 to promotion and now we’re a good top half team. We had to gut the team when we got relegated, we had to add a lot of quality coming into L1. There’s been a lot of changes and think we’ve done alright and think Robins should get 2-3 seasons to have a go at promotion, unless we’re fighting relegation. Another season to refine the team and for younger players to improve, I’m confident we’ll be a playoff team. I believe we need to believe in the process.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Three seasons in this division should be enough to mount a serious , sustained challenge. That's if we still exist of course.

pusbccfc

Three seasons in this division should be enough to mount a serious , sustained challenge. That's if we still exist of course.

The fans will have walked away by then.

We'll be down to crowds of 7000 if we don't mount a serious charge next season.

Grendel

I agree that we need more balance in the team, but we’re in a decent place given the circumstance. In less than 2 years, we’ve gone from a the worst team in L1 to promotion and now we’re a good top half team. We had to gut the team when we got relegated, we had to add a lot of quality coming into L1. There’s been a lot of changes and think we’ve done alright and think Robins should get 2-3 seasons to have a go at promotion, unless we’re fighting relegation. Another season to refine the team and for younger players to improve, I’m confident we’ll be a playoff team. I believe we need to believe in the process.

Drivel

Magwitch

A serious top 6 challenge has to be the minimum target if the present top three go up and those bottom three in the championship come down it will be a tough division again as always.

Covstu

How can he go for promotion and fight relegation?!

Mucca Mad Boys

How can he go for promotion and fight relegation?!

I said he should have the opportunity to have a go at promotion for 2-3 seasons. If we fighting a relegation battle, I’d consider sacking him.

Hope that clears things up.

Irish Sky Blue

We have lost them both and had no idea what to do when losing.
Several missed chances in both games after we went behind. It would seem to be the same problem we have from the start. Good football, chances created, chances missed. Robins can be criticised for buying forwards who miss chances (fair enough at the moment), Had the player he brought in for free last season and who left through no fault of Robins still been here, it might have been different. I still have faith that the players he brought in, particularly Chaplin, will come good. He has 8 already, should have double that number and should have scored on Saturday. The fact we are controlling large parts of games and continually making chances points to me at least that we are very close to a winning formula.

cloughie

Agree with with Nick's assessment other than getting rid of Robin's.
Poor buys striker wise. Plays Chaplin to deep or if not he must be ignoring the manager. So one of them is at fault.
Personally I don't think Chaplin is good enough poor poor first touch. Manager keep trying the same tactics /mistakes every game and expecting a different result is madness. Unless he can change attack tactics, ie get men in the box and get an Adam Armstrong type and play him in the correct position then maybe Robin's will have to go

Users who are viewing this thread