I'll say it (1 Viewer)

Otis

Same old story though Otis? We keep missing chance after Chance and at some stage you have to question the ability of the players rather than we are unlucky
No, I don't think we are unlucky. That's not what I am saying. I am saying we are failing by such small margins. All over Plymouth last week and lost, all over Blackpool today and lost.

We had more than enough chances to win both games easily. It's not like we are a terrible side.

Evo1883

I disagree , only manager to bring any form of success to this miserable fan base in 30 years , first season back in league 1 and we are mid table , I’m absolutely positive we are doing as expected and another manager would have no more success with the squad(most players are 2/3 years off being finished articles ) than robins has .

We have to stop firing the gun if things don’t go our way , I like robins , I like what he has done for us over his tenure and I am encouraged by what I see on the pitch a lot of the time

We need to stick by him

Otis

Why should we have won the game? We can pass it around all we want while the opposition stand back and let us but it doesn't mean we deserve to win the game.

They had done their research, they came out from halftime strong and pressured us. They looked like a completely different side from the first half. It paid off as they won 2-0, they didn't need a possession stat as they got 3 points.

Anybody notice the proactive sub their manager made in the first half too?
One thing that pees me off immensly.

Surely Robins has seen teams come flying out of the blocks against us after half time and score. It has happened so many times now. What is he saying to our players at half time about it?

Nick

Administrator
I disagree , only manager to bring any form of success to this miserable fan base in 30 years , first season back 8n league 1 and we are mid table , I’m absolutely positive we are doing as expected and another manager would have no more success with the squad(most players are 2/3 years off being finished articles ) than robins has .

We have to stop firing the gun if things don’t go our way , I like robins , I like what he has done for us over his tenure and I am encouraged by what I see on the pitch a lot of the time

Yes but if something doesn't work we need to see a will to change things to try and fix it.

It's got to the point where the fans know exactly what subs he will make and when he will do them (regardless of the score).

Nick

Administrator
One thing that pees me off immensly.

Surely Robins has seen teams come flying out of the blocks against us after half time and score. It has happened so many times now. What is he saying to our players at half time about it?

"we are close".
"not quite there yet".
Couple of shrugs, hands it pockets and over to Oggy.

Evo1883

Yes but if something doesn't work we need to see a will to change things to try and fix it.

It's got to the point where the fans know exactly what subs he will make and when he will do them (regardless of the score).

I’m not sure it’s not working , I’m sure the main thing that’s letting us down right now is awful finishing .
Bring a new manager in you will still have the same strikers and nothing will change , he will look to change things when he can but right now his signings up top just haven’t come off, it happens to all managers

Robins doesn’t make Chaplin miss from 1 yard or Clarke Harris head wide from 2 foot that’s on them , they are letting him and the fan base down

Otis

Should
Could
Would
If
Didn’t
Agree.

I'm just saying we aren't an awful side.

We weren't awful today. We were good in the first half and awful in the 2nd. We should have killed the game in that first half and didn't. Blackpool scored from their very first shot of the match.

I have absolutely no idea what is going on in that dressing room at half time. We are not learning our lesson.

Nick

Administrator
I’m not sure it’s not working , I’m sure the main thing that’s letting us down right now is awful finishing .
Bring a new manager in you will still have the same strikers and nothing will change , he will look to change things when he can but right now his signings up top just haven’t come off, it happens to all managers

The lack of desire to try and get back into the game might change. He might play more than 1 of those strikers up front when we are losing.

It's all good hearing "we need to tweak a few things" but in reality it's which striker is he going to play up front, which is he going to play on the left, which is he going to play attacking midfield. Then at 60 minutes it's which striker is going to come on so we can then re-jig the previous lineup of strikers to suit chaplin.

Brighton Sky Blue

I disagree , only manager to bring any form of success to this miserable fan base in 30 years , first season back in league 1 and we are mid table , I’m absolutely positive we are doing as expected and another manager would have no more success with the squad(most players are 2/3 years off being finished articles ) than robins has .

We need to stick by him

OK same question to you give me a sacking after Black you disagree with

Evo1883

The lack of desire to try and get back into the game might change. He might play more than 1 of those strikers up front when we are losing.

It's all good hearing "we need to tweak a few things" but in reality it's which striker is he going to play up front, which is he going to play on the left, which is he going to play attacking midfield. Then at 60 minutes it's which striker is going to come on so we can then re-jig the previous lineup of strikers to suit chaplin.

On a personal level I would be extremely disappointed if we sacked robins for us being mid table in league 1 the season after promotion , extremely disappointed .

It’s next season that’s key , if we can push on

Covstu

No, I don't think we are unlucky. That's not what I am saying. I am saying we are failing by such small margins. All over Plymouth last week and lost, all over Blackpool today and lost.

We had more than enough chances to win both games easily. It's not like we are a terrible side.
Exactly but at some stage you have to question why...

Seaside-Skyblue

Christ knows. Did he not say that he would be putting the forwards through extra finishing training?
It worries me when we get to the point that our strikers need finishing training when they've been playing football from probably a child and more or less kick a ball every day of their life. If they can't finish now in their 20s then I don't see how they will improve. I know players develop but strikers either have it or they dont.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Fergusons_Beard

Sure.

DxMifopX4AI3Ioj.jpg

PVA where did you get those-been searching for ages for expected goals stats for league 1!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

stevefloyd

Nicks right, assess our performances and the pattern repeats itself time and again. I dread half-times. I actually feel a bit sorry for Chaplin he’s been so poorly managed it’s a joke, he’s a rookie ffs.and should have been rested, dropped call it what you like ages ago. Looking at Robins and his career it follows a similar pattern wherever he’s been, good start, does okay for a year or so then slumps, happening here again.
Playing devils advocate I guess you could level those stats at the majority of managers across the board

ceetee

I am not claiming that Hiwula had a good game but the facts are that the keeper only had to make two saves in the second half and both were from decent shots from Hiwula. It was also Hiwula in the box when we had a penalty shout. JCH had two good chances and headed both wide but isn't the dominant force that some claim. Bakayoko had some good moments but didn't have much of an opportunity.
I'd sooner have a striker who doesn't play well but scores than one who runs around a lot but doesn't score. Unfortunately none of them have scored from open play in the last few games

Evo1883

OK same question to you give me a sacking after Black you disagree with

It’s probably more about the fact that some managers probably could have done with more time or backing , we have struggled for years and change never helped , we are finally in a place where things seem settled and we are rebuilding from almost scratch and I firmly believe the man deserves time to rebuild the club and hopefully eventually get us back to at least the championship

Brighton Sky Blue

It worries me when we get to the point that our strikers need finishing training when they've been playing football from probably a child and more or less kick a ball every day of their life. If they can't finish now in their 20s then I don't see how they will improve. I know players develop but strikers either have it or they dont.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

I can accept that confidence matters but his willingness to have a go from
free kicks tells me he isn’t totally demoralised. Putting away sitters should be bread and butter stuff

Covstu

On a personal level I would be extremely disappointed if we sacked robins for us being mid table in league 1 the season after promotion , extremely disappointed .

I agree I don’t think he should go but he has to be more versatile. Questionable changes, not quick enough and seems to have one way of playing which teams are reading too easily

Evo1883

I agree I don’t think he should go but he has to be more versatile. Questionable changes, not quick enough and seems to have one way of playing which teams are reading too easily

I agree he is making mistakes , we also don’t know how much influence for example the number 2 has on matches or how much influence the scout has on player recruitment

Nick

Administrator

That's the thing, there needs to be signs of improvement and willingness to try different things.

1 up front with another striker on the left and the other on the right whilst Chaplin is pretty much in midfield isn't what should be happening at 2-0 down if we want to get into the game.

Nick

Administrator
I agree he is making mistakes , we also don’t know how much influence for example the number 2 has on matches or how much influence the scout has on player recruitment

I heard somebody on the phone in saying we need Doyle because those goals wouldn't have gone in if he was on the pitch.

Is Robins banned from coaching from the side of the pitch? Can he not shout things to players from the sideline like others do or would it mean running it through Oggy first?

Brighton Sky Blue

It’s probably more about the fact that some managers probably could have done with more time or backing , we have struggled for years because of change , we are finally in a place where things seem settled and we are rebuilding from almost scratch and I firmly believe the man deserves time to rebuild the club and hopefully eventually get us back to at least the championship

Coleman was backed to the hilt and fucked up. Adams too was given freedom to spend and same story. The others woefully underperformed, some after good starts others not even that.

Robins is devoid of a plan or ideas

Evo1883

That's the thing, there needs to be signs of improvement and willingness to try different things.

1 up front with another striker on the left and the other on the right whilst Chaplin is pretty much in midfield isn't what should be happening at 2-0 down if we want to get into the game.

I agree there are mistakes , it actually really pisses me off too, I don’t agree we need a new manager though , I think he’s done a steady / good job at a club that has chewed up and spat out more managers than I can remember .

I would give him until Christmas , halfway through next season to see where we are at

Evo1883

Coleman was backed to the hilt and fucked up. Adams too was given freedom to spend and same story. The others woefully underperformed, some after good starts others not even that.

Robins is devoid of a plan or ideas

We’ve had a lot of managers since 2001 , not all of them bad managers but all of them failed here , it’s not a coincidence

Nick

Administrator
Putting it in the corner from 30 yards isn’t what you do with no confidence.

Under no pressure with the opposition not ready (it was clever and a good goal)

It's a shame he can't from 2 yards out like today or the one he missed last week (keep adding to the list) when actually under a bit of pressure.

Brighton Sky Blue

I agree there are mistakes , it actually really pisses me off too, I don’t agree we need a new manager though , I think he’s done a steady / good job at a club that has chewed up and spat out more managers than I can remember .

I would give him until Christmas , halfway through next season to see where we are at

Mid table in League 2 with some defending it because we’re not far off being a great side

Otis

Agree.

He got us promoted last season and we are midtable this. Hardly seems the grounds for a sacking.

We sink further and start looking over our shoulders, then maybe, but we should have won both last week and this. As Dele Adebola said, we go 1-0 up and that would have been a totally different game and result.

Users who are viewing this thread