Mickey Adams
Iain Dowie
Chris Coleman
Aidy Boothroyd
Andy Thorn
Steven Pressley
Tony Mowbray
Russell Slade

Which one of them shouldn’t have been sacked?

Brighton Sky Blue

It’s probably true he ran out of ideas in the end but had to also contend with all the garbage off the pitch which is still going on but he had to contend with points deductions/administrations/Northampton etc

Not disputing that and he worked his arse off during that time but his time was clearly up. I thought Dowie’s was a bit harsh but the wheels were falling off under him too

Samo

One more game to see if the message sinks in with him and his stubbornness.

Yea I think he is stubborn and closed to anything but his fixed ideas. He's running Teresa May a close second.

Magwitch

Peter Reid
Mickey Adams
Iain Dowie
Chris Coleman
Aidy Boothroyd
Andy Thorn
Steven Pressley
Tony Mowbray
Russell Slade

All correct decisions, that’s the price of being a football manager and using football talk it’s a results business. Should Robins be sacked ? Not yet imo but he’s treading a fine line.

Brighton Sky Blue

All correct decisions, that’s the price of being a football manager and using football talk it’s a results business. Should Robins be sacked ? Not yet imo but he’s treading a fine line.

I agree but if we go down or scrape survival he must walk.

Covstu

First half we had lots of possession but still looked clueless in the box, we pass it around like arsenal and take way too much time to get into their box so time after time we face 10 men waiting for our attack and we wonder why our forwards get fuck all! Having said that I cannot remember our team which such poor forward men

saveitforthewombles

Amazing how dumb some of the reactions are. Separate the immediate reaction to losing vs the bigger picture....the team is better than it has been for a long time. The last 2.5 performances (Wimbledon, Plymouth and 1st half today) have been good. Poor goals, not taking chances but let's not be dumb enough to demand a change of manager.

pusbccfc

The money he's spent on those woeful strikers has been a disaster.

1 million quid.

Brighton Sky Blue

Amazing how dumb some of the reactions are. Separate the immediate reaction to losing vs the bigger picture....the team is better than it has been for a long time. The last 2.5 performances (Wimbledon, Plymouth and 1st half today) have been good. Poor goals, not taking chances but let's not be dumb enough to demand a change of manager.

If you think it’s just based on results you’re sorely mistaken.

Greggs

We we're better last time Robins was in Charge....and we were pretty shit then too!

rob9872

Same old story and I agree he has to go.

No leadership on or off the pitch.
Wasted budget.
Too many non scoring forwards.
No direction.
He/we got lucky last season with McNulty.
Taking Bright off today a joke
Persisting with Chaplin and not even subbing him
Persisting with right footed Hiwula on the left is a waste of time
Even in our winning run we were lucky
Our best players are all loanees
Relegation form
Never reacts to second half same pattern every week
Subs appalling
No height and constantly conceded from set pieces
Never score from corners. Delivery poor but equally height and movement lacking
Side too young and heads drop which is why we always seem to concede two goals quickly

fatso

Peter Reid
Mickey Adams
Iain Dowie
Chris Coleman
Aidy Boothroyd
Andy Thorn
Steven Pressley
Tony Mowbray
Russell Slade

Mowbray wasn’t sacked, he walked away knowing he’d done all he could.
I think Robbins is in a similar situation now.

pusbccfc

The bigger picture is the fact we've won 3 in 16.

Brighton Sky Blue

First half we had lots of possession but still looked clueless in the box, we pass it around like arsenal and take way too much time to get into their box so time after time we face 10 men waiting for our attack and we wonder why our forwards get fuck all! Having said that I cannot remember our team which such poor forward men

Two words Kevin Kyle

Covstu

We played right into their hands today, toothless upfront and they easily absorbed our attacks. They then upped a gear in the first 10 mins and killed us off with two easy goals.

rob9872

Wtf are you talking about? Did you watch the Plymouth performance? Or the Wimbledon performance? If you did you'd know the performance was good and the result not deserved.
I was at those and the Scunthorpe one. It's like Gtoundhog day. The performance can't be classed as good enough if you don't take chances. He picks the team he picks the tactics and he is accountable.

Dickie

Football is a simple game. How can we see what needs changing and MR can’t? Or is that his stubbornness?

saveitforthewombles

We played right into their hands today, toothless upfront and they easily absorbed our attacks. They then upped a gear in the first 10 mins and killed us off with two easy goals.
We played so much in to their hands (assume you're saying they had a master plan?) that their manager changed formation after 30 minutes and they scored after a long hoof fwd for the second goal? If so that's some genius management

WillenhallSkyBlues

All well enough saying robins out and that but despite people constantly bashing on about Sisu spending no money, We’ve probably spent more this summer on shite strikers than the majority of our league have spent on players in general.
Those people who decided to bring in Chaplin, hiwula and decided to sign JCH on a permanent when all he done last year was walk around the pitch with a swing after winning a soft foul need to go aswell

saveitforthewombles

I was at those and the Scunthorpe one. It's like Gtoundhog day. The performance can't be classed as good enough if you don't take chances. He picks the team he picks the tactics and he is accountable.
I'm not saying he's not accountable. He said that himself. But there's a difference between being accountable and the solution being wholesale change (again)

Users who are viewing this thread