I'll say it (1 Viewer)

Covstu

I was at those and the Scunthorpe one. It's like Gtoundhog day. The performance can't be classed as good enough if you don't take chances. He picks the team he picks the tactics and he is accountable.
Agreed a good performance is the ability to take chances and win games. Blackpool were spot on today, took our attacks with ease and did the damage when it counted.

CJ_covblaze

Unless he makes a miracle change next week he needs to go and take Chaplin with him

It's embarrassing, he looks lost

Could we do better? Obviously. Could we be playing worse? Probably not. He’s been given money and at present it looks like he’s wasted it. He paid around a million for 3 strikers and despite all 3 having certain qualities none of them look like they’re consistent goalscorers and quite frankly never were before their arrival. I never quite got expectations lumped in particular on Chaplin. I’m not sure why they were so high. Despite the good moments and the relative glory that came at the end, he made mistakes last season, was tactically very naive at times and the overall outcome could’ve easily been so different.

On the whole I’m not sure what it would achieve by sacking him but I also don’t think it would make things any worse.

rob9872

We played right into their hands today, toothless upfront and they easily absorbed our attacks. They then upped a gear in the first 10 mins and killed us off with two easy goals.
Agree. Teams fo that to us every week. You just know after how bad they were in the first half theyd regroup and have a reaction. We all saw it comjng so why didn't he or the team? Its pathetic. I even called his post match conference on the way over there today.

Brighton Sky Blue

Agreed a good performance is the ability to take chances and win games. Blackpool were spot on today, took our attacks with ease and did the damage when it counted.

No they gave us sitters and the usual suspects fluffed them

saveitforthewombles

Could we do better? Obviously. Could we be playing worse? Probably not. He’s been given money and at present it looks like he’s wasted it. He paid around a million for 3 strikers and despite all 3 having certain qualities none of them look like they’re consistent goalscorers and quite frankly never were before their arrival. I never quite got expectations lumped in particular on Chaplin. I’m not sure why they were so high. Despite the good moments and the relative glory that came at the end, he made mistakes last season, was tactically very naive at times and the overall outcome could’ve easily been so different.

On the whole I’m not sure what it would achieve by sacking him but I also don’t think it would make things any worse.
We could play a lot worse. Ironically we have this year and won and people lauded the result.

Skybluefaz

You've got a very short memory if you don't think we could be playing worse.

Nick

Administrator
We could play a lot worse. Ironically we have this year and won and people lauded the result.

It is all about the result.

We could pass it round like Brazil every week for 45 minutes while the opponents stand and watch. It's pointless if we lose and concede goals as soon as they decide they want to get into 2nd gear.

saveitforthewombles

It is all about the result.

We could pass it round like Brazil every week for 45 minutes while the opponents stand and watch. It's pointless if we lose and concede goals as soon as they decide they want to get into 2nd gear.
I love it when teams 'decide' to move in to second gear. Is that a collective decision? Or someone shouts a special code?

Brighton Sky Blue

Wtf are you talking about? Did you watch the Plymouth performance? Or the Wimbledon performance? If you did you'd know the performance was good and the result not deserved.

A striker who can’t identify a goal scorer or coach his strikers to put away sitters. His changes at Plymouth made no sense whatsoever, again today

Brighton Sky Blue

Yes we had chances and we didn’t take them. It equally we have issues at the back, they drifted through our back two with ease again

When our strikers miss everything that comes their way the defence’s mistakes will be more costly

Otis

Unless he makes a miracle change next week he needs to go and take Chaplin with him

It's embarrassing, he looks lost
Thing is though, Nick, we should have won that game and were all over them in that first half.

It's such small margins.

Chaplin misses a header he should have put in. Thomas has a great chance inside the box and hits the ball far too close to the keeper. He then screws another one badly wide.

Enobakhare had the ball in the penalty area and dwells on the ball far too long, the chance lost. Westbrooke had a fantastic chance. The keeper saved it, but it is not hit with enough power.

Enobakhare again gets the ball to the byline and tries to slide the ball in from the tightest of angles rather than punch it across.

ALL in the first half.

It's such fine margins and we could easily won 4 or 5 nil today.

Second half WAS dreadful though.

Mcbean

Time to rest Chaplin and Hiwula - start with JCH and Bakeryoko who looked like they could score - although JCH missed the two headers his head was there on the end of a cross - he was a lot closer than Chaplin

Brighton Sky Blue

Thing is though, Nick, we should have won that game and were all over them in that first half.

It's such small margins.

Chaplin misses a header he should have put in. Thomas has a great chance inside the box and hits the ball far too close to the keeper. He then screws another one badly wide.

Enobakhare had the ball in the penalty area and dwells on the ball far too long, the chance lost. Westbrooke had a fantastic chance. The keeper saved it, but it is not hit with enough power.

Enobakhare again gets the ball to the byline and tries to slide the ball in from the tightest of angles rather than punch it across.

ALL in the first half.

Robins is a striker and can’t get anyone to score sitters.

Nick

Administrator
I love it when teams 'decide' to move in to second gear. Is that a collective decision? Or someone shouts a special code?

You tell me. Unless the manager just gave them 10 cans of red bull and drugged ours? (As well as multiple other managers this season).

CJ_covblaze

Peter Reid
Mickey Adams
Iain Dowie
Chris Coleman
Aidy Boothroyd
Andy Thorn
Steven Pressley
Tony Mowbray
Russell Slade

Which one of them shouldn’t have been sacked?

Probably Adams if I had to pick one of those.

Otis

Time to rest Chaplin and Hiwula - start with JCH and Bakeryoko who looked like they could score - although JCH missed the two headers his head was there on the end of a cross - he was a lot closer than Chaplin
Bakayoko looks like he can score?

You sure about that?

I keep saying. Watch them in the warm-up.

Bakayoko screwed nearly everything wide. JCH blasting them over the bar. Thomas screwing nearly everything wide. Hiwula hit and miss.

And this is with no defenders anywhere to be seen.

It's every week in the warm-up.

Only Jordan Shipley looks anything like decent.

CJ_covblaze

You've got a very short memory if you don't think we could be playing worse.

That today was as bad as what we saw during a lot of our last relegation season.

mark82

We're not playing well at the moment, I don't deny that.

But I have seen enough this season to know that we're not far off being a decent side. We are a newly promoted team and we're 12th, that's not bad.

We are a goalscorer short of being decent.

There is no point in getting rid of Robins. We've been sacking managers for years and it's got us nowhere. Robins has a long term plan in place and is signing lots of young players.

Let's actually give a manager a chance at building something rather than getting back on the manager merry go round.

To be fair, he spent best part of a million pounds on strikers this season, that's a lot of money in this division. Saying we are a striker away is pretty much saying he's not performed well enough in his job.

I've always found him tactically frustrating, even last year when we just about met expectation. 3 wins in the last 17 games (15 league and 2 cup) is getting close to a point where those in charge could lose patience.

Covstu

It's such small margins.

ALL in the first half.

Same old story though Otis? We keep missing chance after Chance and at some stage you have to question the ability of the players rather than we are unlucky

lifeskyblue

We weren’t unlucky...we capitulated second half after 2 simple goals. First half good but not confident enough to take chances.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grendel

It's such small margins.

ALL in the first half.

Should
Could
Would
If
Didn’t

Nick

Administrator

It's such small margins.

ALL in the first half.

Why should we have won the game? We can pass it around all we want while the opposition stand back and let us but it doesn't mean we deserve to win the game.

They had done their research, they came out from halftime strong and pressured us. They looked like a completely different side from the first half. It paid off as they won 2-0, they didn't need a possession stat as they got 3 points.

Anybody notice the proactive sub their manager made in the first half too?

mark82

Look forward to the next new era and reviving this thread in two years.

That's modern football for you, rightly or wrongly. Was speaking with a friend about this the other day... over 50% of all managers have been in the job less than a year. I think Ole Gunnar Solksjaer has been in the job longer than 10 other managers, soon to be eleven after Evans was sacked. He's not in the bottom 10% for length of service. That is crazy. Robins at under 2 years service is 27th longest serving manager.

Users who are viewing this thread