Ifollow (1 Viewer)

BornSlippySkyBlue

Anybody know if QPR is on international ifollow?
Doesn’t look like it:

“Fans who buy a Championship Club Membership Season Ticket will still be able to stream the game, however as this game has been selected by Sky Sports this means that Match Passes for other supporters to watch via iFollow will not be available.”

mark82

Wasn't complaining I was annoyed... I also prefer to buy a quality product let's say from the club shop rather than the substandard ifollow coverage which I did subscribe to when I first moved abroad but they let me down so many times I wont fund them anymore.

Could you let me know how much of the fee goes to the club??? As you have your finger on the financial pulse...

70-80% goes to the club.

mark82

Interesting

Good article. So cup matches this year are split 50/50. Home matches we will take £8.34 for each home fan streaming, and the same for the first 500 away. Away matches we make £8.34 per stream for anything over 500. Surely we sell over 500 per game?

shmmeee

When you factor in stewarding and the like and ignore F&B for a second that probably works out similar if not more than a match ticket in person.

Legia Sky Blue

Interesting

Very interesting. I wonder if the away takings are tapered the higher your league, or if it is capped at 500 for the Championship too. I would love them to publish 'attendance/ audience figures' so we had some idea of the level of take up we have for ifollow.

Liquid Gold

I think it's easier to do in LG1 and 2 where they all use ifollow, harder to implement in the championship where they all have different platforms.

Bristol City for example have their own thing call 'Robins TV', sounds like it would get messy, take the admin fees up and make it not worthwhile when it's a smaller percentage of income.

Johnnythespider

It may not be as many as we'd like to think, only one needed per household, club, pub and fb stream

Evo1883

It's expensive, pay for your season ticket and championship package.. Plus pay what looks like 230 quid for away games on ifollow plus certain cup games..

Im happy to pay out if I'm there in person but this is one reason fans use dodgy streams

Looks like its over 500 pound to watch the club this season and there's a chance I'm not watching them in person . Not happening

jordan210

Dint someone say that Facebook link had 1000 viewers the other day thats 8k the club has missed out on. Just from one game

Liquid Gold

It's expensive, pay for your season ticket and championship package.. Plus pay what looks like 230 quid for away games on ifollow plus certain cup games..

Im happy to pay out if I'm there in person but this is one reason fans use dodgy streams

Looks like its over 500 pound to watch the club this season and there's a chance I'm not watching them in person . Not happening
I don't think it's fair to include the away ifollow games.

You don't include your away ticket costs in your normal season ticket.

D

Deleted member 4439

Fans who buy a Championship Club Membership Season Ticket will still be able to stream the game, however as this game has been selected by Sky Sports this means that Match Passes for other supporters to watch via iFollow will not be available.

I'm now hearing that ifollow won't be available for the QPR game full-stop, even for those with CCM+st.

Evo1883

I don't think it's fair to include the away ifollow games.

You don't include your away ticket costs in your normal season ticket.
No but I normally attend matches in person, im effectively paying for 2 season tickets and not seeing the club play in person... I go every game every season home and away, how much do city normally get from my away tickets?

il continue to watch streams for the away games...

Liquid Gold

I'm now hearing that ifollow won't be available for the QPR game full-stop, even for those with CCM+st.
That is also unfair, I get not making it available for non STHs but in a normal season you play your season ticket and you get access to all games no matter if they're on sky or not.

MalcSB

Doesn’t look like it:

“Fans who buy a Championship Club Membership Season Ticket will still be able to stream the game, however as this game has been selected by Sky Sports this means that Match Passes for other supporters to watch via iFollow will not be available.”

The QPR match isn’t available for ST holders on iFollow.

Nick

Administrator

Why would somebody pay £500? You can just get a season pass for £160 if you really wanted to which is home and away.

Hopefully the dodgy streams do all get shut down.

Liquid Gold

Why would somebody pay £500? You can just get a season pass for £160 if you really wanted to which is home and away.

Because that doesn't give you an excuse to pay nothing.

Evo1883

Ok fair enough, it's 420 pound for every league game home and away... Stay in the Cup potentially more... With the season ticket and championship membership that is

Nick

Administrator
Ok fair enough, it's 420 pound for every league game home and away... Stay in the Cup potentially more

No, if it's about keeping costs down you can just get them all for £160. Home and Away.

Then you have the odd cup one.

Evo1883

No, if it's about keeping costs down you can just get them all for £160. Home and Away.

Then you have the odd cup one.
No because as I've said I had to purchase the championship member thing to get the home games on ifollow and the season ticket on top... 260 quid for just home games that doesn't include away ifollow

Nick

Administrator
No because as I've said I had to purchase the championship member thing to get the home games on ifollow and the season ticket on top... 260 quid for just home games

You don't have to purchase the membership to get the home games.

If you solely want iFollow, you pay £160 a year home and away.

Evo1883

You don't have to purchase the membership to get the home games.

If you solely want iFollow, you pay £160 a year home and away.

I wanted a season ticket with the club... I paid 260 pound for the championship membership which includes home games on ifollow and a season ticket

Nick

Administrator
I wanted a season ticket with the club... I paid 260 pound for the championship membership which includes home games on ifollow and a season ticket

Not really that bad then is it?

I was talking if it was purely about cost. You can watch them all in the league (well apart from sky) for £160 if you want to, you paid more because you wanted a season ticket and the other benefits (as did I).

Evo1883

Not really that bad then is it?

I was talking if it was purely about cost. You can watch them all in the league (well apart from sky) for £160 if you want to, you paid more because you wanted a season ticket and the other benefits (as did I).
And that's cool, but the argument is I'd have to pay a further 160 pound to watch away matches to save cost... Not doing it

Evo1883

Exactly what?

Not too sure what you have proven?

I'm saying that I'm happy to give the club my money for home match access (even though sky matches require a further subscription) but I'm not happy to pay further money to watch away games when I can watch them on streams... The club have never benefited from my away day money in the league... So it's no odds to me that they won't benefit from it now either..

Over 400 pound to watch 1 club and not see them in person... It's not exactly great value

Users who are viewing this thread