If your parents... (2 Viewers)

Tonylinc

Fascinating reading about why people chose the Sky Blues. To me it is all about birth place. I remember as a youth watching lads board coaches in Pool Meadow (is it still there?) to Liverpool, Chelsea and Leeds etc. and thinking why are they doing that. They are Coventry kids and should be supporting their local team.

RichieGunns

Loads of Irish links which is great to see, my mums from County Westmeath...

Any other midland Sky Blues ??

say hello :wave:

I be a midlands sky blue...then again I'm born and bred Coventry so i didn't have much choice in the matter lol

I know i started this thread but didn't really explain my background like everyone else.

My dad grew up near West Brom and used to support them when he was little. My mum was born in Southport, Lancashire but grew up in the East End of London. My aunt and her used to go past the West Ham ground a lot so they were always big West Ham fans.

Mum still asks how they're doing and i always keep an eye out on both teams results. But being born here there was only ever one choice for me. Though it did take me awhile to support only the sky blues. At one point i supported about 10 different teams :eek: Once i moved to secondary school i decided to give all my supporting efforts to Coventry.

My grandfather was from a little village called Ynysybwl in the Rhondda Cynon Taf near Pontypridd and its also 20 miles from Cardiff so I could of either supported Cardiff or Pontypridd Town AFC if id decided to support a team based on my Welsh Heritage lol

Makes interesting reading really:

Cardiff
Coventry
Pontypridd Town
West Brom
& West Ham

Out of all those choices i decided on Coventry. But i wouldn't change my mind for the world lol :D Born a sky blue, always a sky blue! :claping hands:

Sick Boy

Loads of Irish links which is great to see, my mums from County Westmeath...

Any other midland Sky Blues ??

say hello :wave:

My mum's side are from Limerick & Cahir in County Tipperary, but my dad's side are from Mullingar!

TheUKGryphon

Dad was from Cleethorpes, Mum was from Bolton. The only time they supported Coventry was the 1987 Cup final. Living in Coventry neither took me to a game. Mum hated football and Dad supported Grimsby so when I was old enough, I started going on my own. Thankfully there were no outside influences to change my mind.

skablue

Both my parent's born in Leamington/Warwick neither had an interest in football until my eldest brother started going to Cov with his mates in the seventies, so it is my eldest brother who brought the sky blues to my attention and he took me to my first game against derby around 79-80 we won, my next game was the league cup semi first leg against west ham 2-0 down, won 3-2, I was hooked and haven't looked back since. Like a previous poster I also had an affair with Leamington but when I had to make the choice of ditching the sky blues for the brakes I couldn't do it and I purchased a season ticket this year after a 5 year absence.

PUSB

Users who are viewing this thread