If we go under? (1 Viewer)

Grendel

That being the cheap option by sisu to appoint a scout as manager. Didn't work out to good did It.

There. That's a second thing we agree on.

Sky Blue Kid

Because I don't believe in Santa Claus, Jesus or Mysterious Wealthy Backers Waiting To Take Over Coventry City.

You forgot the tooth fairy.

Sky Blue Kid

Torchomatic.....If the alternative was the Niall Bailey Premier League, then yes. Absolutely.
Well, that's where we differ and why our opinions on what's best for our team is a million miles apart. It's certainly not something I would "take".

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Sky Blue Kid
Some talk of relegation to 2 leagues below Leamington. Some say relegation to league 2. If relegation to league 2 is what it takes to get rid of SISU.....I wouldn't bat an eyelid at that......Definately take it.

SBK SAYS.....
Make your mind up mate.....you tell valiant that you'd take 10 years of struggle and almost certain relegation over that period possibly dropping right out of the football league, rather than take a drop to division 2 and get rid of SISU???????????????
five words pal...............cut...nose...off...spite ...face......with logic like yours, I'm glad we're a million miles apart in ideas.:laugh:

Last edited:

torchomatic

Is that the option that doesn't involve your choice of administration or liquidation? If so, yes.

You'd prefer the first option would you?:eek:

Sky Blue Kid

Is that the option that doesn't involve your choice of administration or liquidation? If so, yes.

Come on Torchomatic, keep up mate....Leeds utd liquidated in 2006...renamed themselves Leed utd 2007...were deducted 14 points and only dropped 1 division. Now if that's what comes of liquidation...BRING IT ON:D:D:D

torchomatic

"Liquidation...BRING IT ON:D:D:D"

That is probably the worst thing I have ever read on here. I've never really taken you seriously anyway, but that about sums your posts nicely.

Hopefully, you won't get your wish.

torchomatic

And you'd rather go bust? SISU won't always be here, we will be. Wishing for liquidation is fucking ridiculous.

Sky Blue Kid

"Liquidation...BRING IT ON:D:D:D"

That is probably the worst thing I have ever read on here. I've never really taken you seriously anyway, but that about sums your posts nicely.

Hopefully, you won't get your wish.

Did it hurt Leeds utd?....Grow up mate, your ideas aren't the only ones on the forum.
I've stated that if we manage to do what Leeds did by being liquidated I would definately go for it, AND I suspect would a lot of posters on this and any other forum if they were to be truthful.
One more thing...You always have to pick parts from others posts to make them look and seem out of context. I'm sure others will read ALL of my post, therefore seeing what I've written IN CONTEXT.:pointlaugh:

torchomatic

We aren't Leeds Utd. We don't have our own ground and we don't have their fan base.

Yes, there are other ideas on this forum apart from mine. I just don't agree with yours and I doubt I ever will.

Did it hurt Leeds utd?....Grow up mate, your ideas aren't the only ones on the forum.
I've stated that if we manage to do what Leeds did by being liquidated I would definately go for it, AND I suspect would a lot of posters on this and any other forum if they were to be truthful.
One more thing...You always have to pick parts from others posts to make them look and seem out of context. I'm sure others will read ALL of my post, therefore seeing what I've written IN CONTEXT.:pointlaugh:

torchomatic

There's no guarantee though is there. It's a massive, massive gamble.

If it meant we were rid of sisu and had a brighter future then yes.

torchomatic

Nothing makes me different on here. I'm not a mod. Report me.

Excuse me mate....I got reported for swearing on here....What makes YOU so different to the rest of us?:slap:

Sky Blue Kid

The scenario right now is, Coventry City FC. are in the third tier of English football NOT fourth, Leicester, QPR, Cardiff, Southampton, were ALL bankrolled out of this very same division.:thinking about:

Last edited:

ajsccfc

Nobody's trying to start any argument, you're far too defensive.

The situation was put forward that we end up in League 2 and have rich Arabs bankroll us back to the top. kduffy asked when this has happened recently, you named teams for whom this hasn't actually happened. All I did was point that out. The teams you have since mentioned are a little closer to the example asked for, namely Southampton.

ajsccfc

Were Leeds actually liquidated? I thought they just came close without it actually happening, with the extra penalty being some kind of special punishment related to the process of administration.

Sky Blue Kid

Nobody's trying to start any argument, you're far too defensive.

The situation was put forward that we end up in League 2 and have rich Arabs bankroll us back to the top. kduffy asked when this has happened recently, you named teams for whom this hasn't actually happened. All I did was point that out. The teams you have since mentioned are a little closer to the example asked for, namely Southampton.

Where does kduffy say anything about the fourth tier???....He simply states when was the last time in recent history have clubs been bankrolled, obviously not quoted or word for word, but near enough.

ajsccfc

It's the part where he directly quoted and replied to the post as illustrated.

lqtQc.jpg

We see valiant15 hypothesise our relegation to the fourth tier and subsequent rescue by rich Arabs from said division and the saucy ride to the top. kduffy asks when this has happened.

Last edited:

Sky Blue Kid

It's the part where he directly quoted and replied to the post as illustrated.

lqtQc.jpg

We see valiant hypothesise our relegation to the fourth tier and subsequent rescue by rich Arabs from said division and the saucy ride to the top. kduffy asks when this has happened.

You are right mate, I stand corrected.......and Yes Leeds were liquidated deducted 14 points, changed their financial name from Leeds utd 2006, to Leeds utd 2007, and the rest is history:)

ajsccfc

Are you definite about Leeds? I can't find anything that confirms they were liquidated, although I'm not delving much further than Wikipedia which is hardly the font of accuracy. Have you got a link to anything?

Sky Blue Kid

In 2004, the PLC went in to administration and administrators, Ernst and Young sold the club for £30m to Adulant Force Ltd - a private consortium headed by Gerald Krasner. Several weeks later, the PLC was liquidated.
Listed below are directors of the parent company first created as Caspian Group and liquidated as Leeds United PLC.
Obviously I haven't copied the list coz it's very long.
and it wasn't 2006...it was 2004.

Grendel

Are you definite about Leeds? I can't find anything that confirms they were liquidated, although I'm not delving much further than Wikipedia which is hardly the font of accuracy. Have you got a link to anything?

They weren't liquidated.

ajsccfc

I think that's the PLC rather than the club itself, it says the club was sold on and then the PLC was liquidated.

Puck

To add a little light to this:

Leeds United PLC went into compulsory liquidation on 6 March 2006. This is the company that was founded in 1919. Prior to going into liquidation they sold off the club trademark, history, playing staff and registration to play in the English leagues to a New Co Leeds United 2007 Limited.

ajsccfc

I don't really 'get' how administration and liquidation actually works from a business point of view, so I'm never entirely sure what's what with this kind of thing.

Grendel

You are right mate, I stand corrected.......and Yes Leeds were liquidated deducted 14 points, changed their financial name from Leeds utd 2006, to Leeds utd 2007, and the rest is history:)

Leeds Utd FC were not liquidated. In May 2007 Leeds Utd Fc declared administration (10 minutes before the final whistle in the final game at Stoke from memory) in an attempt to avoid a points penalty in the following season. Ultimately they were docked 15 points in the following season for not exiting correctly through a CVA.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

I don't really 'get' how administration and liquidation actually works from a business point of view, so I'm never entirely sure what's what with this kind of thing.

In very simple terms, the liquidation of a company happens when it's the end of the road. The company can put itself into liquidation, or a creditor can (other parties can too bit I won't bore you). The idea is to sell the assets, clear as my h if the debt and bugger off.

Administration is when the day to day activities of a company is placed into the hands of a third-party; normally with an accounting background - who will either try and trade away from the current position with a negotiation with the creditors, or to sell as a going concern.

The former is much more critical than the latter. Neither is good, but one's like breaking your leg, and the other's like being chopped in half with a rusty spoon. If you'll forgive the medical metaphor

Grendel

In very simple terms, the liquidation of a company happens when it's the end of the road. The company can put itself into liquidation, or a creditor can (other parties can too bit I won't bore you). The idea is to sell the assets, clear as my h if the debt and bugger off.

Administration is when the day to day activities of a company is placed into the hands of a third-party; normally with an accounting background - who will either try and trade away from the current position with a negotiation with the creditors, or to sell as a going concern.

The former is much more critical than the latter. Neither is good, but one's like breaking your leg, and the other's like being chopped in half with a rusty spoon. If you'll forgive the medical metaphor

Unless you believe in resurection like Donganzolas. Then we can die and be reborn as Man Utd.

Users who are viewing this thread