If we go under? (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Kid

There's no real basis to you exclaiming that what you want people to agree with you over is 'as it is'. It's the same as screaming FACT when trying to shout someone down.

The stuff about SISU isn't what I'm questioning, it's the idea that you and like-minded souls are bringing the inconvenient truth which takes 'bollocks' to do so. You're typing words on a messageboard.

Saying we should take liquidation or whatever most certainly isn't telling it like it is, it's a hypothetical scenario devised on the bold assumption that it will clear SISU out. There's little indication any of it is as it is.

If you read my post properly, I said if going into liquidation/administration is what it takes to get rid of SISU if it's the best thing for my Club,...Then so be it.
I NEVER said we should, just for the sake of it.
Some people are one side of the fence....others are on the other side of the fence.....and others "Sit on the fence"
Some are afraid to say what they really feel, for fear of being ridiculed, as you are doing to me...without any success might I add.
We all have opinions....that's what "Message boards" are used for, freedom of speech, is it not?

Nonleagueherewecome

I'm really not sure SBK, but that drop to TWO DIVISIONS BELOW LEAMINGTON really makes me wonder...I hope you don't mind putting in 10 hours a week for free to help run the club, as that's what a lot of the Wombles lot did! Ultimately we'd be left with something far greater that we could proudly call our own, but it will take ten years of hard struggle, and there are no guarantees of success-Wimbledon got stuck in the Ryman Premier for a few seasons (2 above where we'd start), and it was thought by many that they'd "found their level". FC Utd rake in huge gates for the Unibond Premier after steaming up through the local leagues, but they have had to be happy with play-offs at best since getting to that level.

Positives: Hall, Thornton and MacKenzie (when he gets out..) will hammer Midland Alliance opposition!

Sky Blue Kid

I'm really not sure SBK, but that drop to TWO DIVISIONS BELOW LEAMINGTON really makes me wonder...I hope you don't mind putting in 10 hours a week for free to help run the club, as that's what a lot of the Wombles lot did! Ultimately we'd be left with something far greater that we could proudly call our own, but it will take ten years of hard struggle, and there are no guarantees of success-Wimbledon got stuck in the Ryman Premier for a few seasons (2 above where we'd start), and it was thought by many that they'd "found their level". FC Utd rake in huge gates for the Unibond Premier after steaming up through the local leagues, but they have had to be happy with play-offs at best since getting to that level.

Positives: Hall, Thornton and MacKenzie (when he gets out..) will hammer Midland Alliance opposition!

It was a near 80/90 years struggle for Coventry to get to the Premier league mate, lol. I very much doubt if I will see Coventry in the "Top Flight" again. I just get very frustrated (Especially with the younger generation) who've never seen the struggle to get where we did. The "Richardson Regime" was poor to say the least, and we were heavily in debt, but we did buy players to try and eleviate the situation....SISU haven't even bothered to try.:(:(:(
If we do go into Liquidation/Administration, it will be nobodies fault, other than those that stood by and did nothing:(

ajsccfc

It's basically that I hate when people use 'tell it like it is' among a few other things which as you mention is just a saying. I'm pedantic at the best of times, and currently have a slow thudding headache. Allow me this.

Last edited:

Sumo the Micky Quinn

This is not the full list but includes as much info as I could find.

Football League Clubs that have gone bust in the last 50 years.

1962 Accrington Stanley half way through a season in Division 4. Results expunged. The club was reformed in 1968, played its first game in the Lancashire Combination in the1970-1 season. Their first season back in the football league was 2006-7.

1969-70 Bradford Park Avenue resigned at the end of the season from div. 4 then went bust in 1974. The club reformed within weeks as a Sunday league team. A new club was formed to return the name of Bradford Park Avenue to Saturday football for the 1988-9 season, when they joined the West Riding County Amateur Football League. The Sunday sideformed in 1974 merged with the new Saturday club in the early 1990s.

1984 Charlton Athletic F.C. went into administration then reformed as Charlton Athletic(1984) Ltd. The club was forced to leave the Valley due to the league stating the ground was unsafe, the new consortium not having the funds to upgrade the ground. The club then had to ground share with Crystal Palace. It took 11 years to return to the Valley.

1985 Swansea City was wound up by court order in December 1985, a group of directors put together a rescue package and permission was granted for the club to continue its fixtures. For the next 12 months the clubs future still hung in the balance as they were unable sign or loan new players, whilst the High Court decided on the future of the club.

1986 Middlesbrough were wound up & reformed as Middlesbrough Football & Athletic Co. (1986) Ltd. Their finances were that bad they had to ask the PFA to pay £30,000 wages at the end of the season. A court order on May 23rd gave the new consortium until June 30th to come up with a package to operate the new club, also a new rule came into force that football clubs had to come up with £350,000 capital for Football League registration and the new consortium managed this with 10 minutes to spare from the leagues deadline.

1991-2 Aldershot F.C. went bust during the season whilst playing in Div. 4. Results for that season expunged. Reformed as Aldershot Town F.C. which started in the Isthmian League Division Three, 5 levels below the division in which Aldershot F.C. had been playing.

August 1992 The last Football League club to go bust. Maidstone United resigned from the football league unable to play the following season’s fixtures. Maidstone then went bust a few weeks later. Maidstone was reformed as Maidstone Invicta within days of the football League side folding. However, the lack of a suitable ground meant the club was effectively relegated 7 divisions to the basement of the footballing pyramid and joined the Fourth Division of the Kent County League. In 1997 renamed their club Maidstone United minimum waiting period to take over the liquidated company name.

A.F.C. Wimbledon was set up as a new club by fans in the Wimbledon so started in a low league. Wimbledon F.C. moved to Milton Keynes rebranded as MK Dons with full approval of the football league.
(As of 2007), A.F.C. Wimbledon are officially linked with Wimbledon F.C., Whilst MK Dons accept the history of Wimbledon (FA Cup win 1988 etc.) is now no longer part of the history of MK Dons.

F.C. United of Manchester was set up as a new club by supporters of Man Utd. opposed to Glazers takeover of Man Utd.

Sky Blues

I would imagine that if CCFC goes bust, the name, badge and league entry etc will all default to Sisu's twin company ARVO, which holds the debenture, and it would be up to them (god help us) to reform the team, or to sell those rights to the fans or any other parties interested in forming a "new co CCFC". If this could be done fairly seamlessly (someone has mentioned Leeds as an example) I guess we might not suffer as much as if we have to try and buy the name back 5 years later, as the Maidstone example, mentioned earlier, suggested.

torchomatic

Sitting on the fence? I don't think so, I've been accused if anything of being firmly on one side of the fence!

Where I differ in opinion to you and others though is that I'm not willing to get rid of SISU at any costs. I don't want administration. I don't want liquidation.

As for Hoffman, I think that is just pie-in-the-sky desperation from a lot of fans. He is a City supporter, sure. However, the money wouldn't be his, it would be from another lot of faceless investors. They would want return on their investments just like SISU. It's naive to think that they would be giving us loads of cash just because Hoffman and Elliot go home and away every week.

I don't believe in SISU but I don't believe in Hoffman either. We are where we are. We have SISU in charge, there is no one else.

I am in the group of "I want the best for my Club" if that means "Get rid of SISU at all costs" so be it!
You...as I see it, are in the "Trust In The Sisu" group...............
What happens if Hoffman comes over the hill with the Chinese, and saves our Club?
Will that get you down off the fence?....Will that stop you from having a go at the people with the bollocks to say it as it is?
My opinion/view of course!

Sky Blue Kid

Some talk of relegation to 2 leagues below Leamington. Some say relegation to league 2. If relegation to league 2 is what it takes to get rid of SISU.....I wouldn't bat an eyelid at that......Definately take it.

torchomatic

Well, that's where we differ and why our opinions on what's best for our team is a million miles apart. It's certainly not something I would "take".

Some talk of relegation to 2 leagues below Leamington. Some say relegation to league 2. If relegation to league 2 is what it takes to get rid of SISU.....I wouldn't bat an eyelid at that......Definately take it.

Grendel

Well, that's where we differ and why our opinions on what's best for our team is a million miles apart. It's certainly not something I would "take".

Nor me. Take a fall to a lower league, lose all your players and have no buyers interested in the club. Not exactly sky blue thinking is it?

valiant15

So if relegation to league 2 got rid of sisu and we got taken over by a rich arab who bankrolled us back up to the prem,you wouldn't take it?

torchomatic

There is no rich arab. So no.

So if relegation to league 2 got rid of sisu and we got taken over by a rich arab who bankrolled us back up to the prem,you wouldn't take it?

torchomatic

Because I don't believe in Santa Claus, Jesus or Mysterious Wealthy Backers Waiting To Take Over Coventry City.

How do you know theres no wealthy backer out there?

Grendel

Name a wealthy backer in recent times who has done this. It's fantasy island.

torchomatic

Well, there you go then. You'll forgive me though if I don't attend your SBT Liquidation Celebration in the event of that happening.

So its sisu for the next 100 years then? Id rather them liquidate us and we start again.

Grendel

So its sisu for the next 100 years then? Id rather them liquidate us and we start again.

Start where? 7 leagues lower with gates of less than 2,000? No thanks. We have to hope the club is kept in business, generates enough revenue to be self sufficient and then attracts some alternative owner to take it forward.

Grendel

Well, there you go then. You'll forgive me though if I don't attend your SBT Liquidation Celebration in the event of that happening.

Not me. Sometimes i think this place is the twilight zone. The only place where supporters want their club to cease to exist!

valiant15

I wouldnt celebrate it,so would you be happy to put up with sisu for the next 10 years battling relegation in the 3rd tier? I personaly would rather take a chance,these numptys will take us down even further.

torchomatic

If the alternative was the Niall Bailey Premier League, then yes. Absolutely.

I wouldnt celebrate it,so would you be happy to put up with sisu for the next 10 years battling relegation in the 3rd tier? I personaly would rather take a chance,these numptys will take us down even further.

Grendel

Grendel

If it was most clubs would have no fans and we haven't competed for 10 years

Grendel

We're talking about the present though. Why didn't we compete last season?

We did for the second half of the season at least at home. Tactical errors relegated us as much as lack of investment.

Users who are viewing this thread