If we go under? (1 Viewer)

skyblue1523

Q1 Can anyone tell me what league we would start in if ccfc go under.
Q2 Would we have to change the clubs name.
Q3 Can we start the season without our accounts be filed.

gouldberg

FC United of Manchester were placed in the North West Counties Football League, 9 tiers below the Premier League.
Aldershot Town were placed into the Isthmian League Division 3, 8 tiers below the PL.
AFC Wimbledon went into the Combined Counties League, not a clue how low down the ladder that is!

I doubt we'd get any special dispensation if we were to reform so would have to start at around the same point. We're currently in Tier 3 and would probably go to Tier 10/11.

The clubs name is an interesting one. If we were to cease trading I'd imagine the company name would go up for sale so we could rebuy it and be Coventry City Football Club again. If that isn't the case though we'd probably opt for an AFC Coventry or something similar.

The accounts question I have no idea about though. If you mean start the 2012/13 season in League 1 I actually don't believe we can. I think all teams have to provide suitable evidence that they can fulfill the full fixture list. If we can't do that our place could be given to another side. I don't think I've ever seen it done before so I don't think we need to worry but technically it could be a possibility from what I'm aware.

dongonzalos

Pheonix FC is my favourite rising from the ashes.
Least we would keep all the same players but not sure if we would have to enter them into an under 18's league?:thinking about:

Grendel

Liquidation incurs a 2 division penalty.

TheRoyalScam

There are ways of avoiding dropping divisions.

Leeds United PLC went into compulsory liquidation on 6 March 2006. This is the company that was founded in 1919. Prior to going into liquidation they sold off the club trademark, history, playing staff and registration to play in the English leagues to a 'New Co Leeds United 2007 Limited'.

This allowed Leeds to move forward from a position of strength following liquidation and not suffer any footballing penalties by the way of relegation.

The Football League did give them a 14 point penalty, though.

If you wish to confirm this is accurate please check with company house:

Leeds New Co company number 05765697.
Leeds Old Co company number 05334247.

torchomatic

Sky Blue Kid

You're stretching things Torchomatic!...There are a lot of threads ASKING if we will be Liquidated/Administration, and if so what will happen.
My point was to ask if Superfred knew for certain/fact that we would NOT go down....After all, he actually said "We. will. not. go. down.".......The point in question is NOBODY(Except SISU) knows what is going to happen.:(

Nonleagueherewecome

Liquidation incurs a 2 division penalty.

Well only last season the Non League FA agreed that any Phoenix Club can start no higher than what (locally) is the Midland Aliance. I'm pretty sure their members would insist that we comply!

torchomatic

Nope, im not. There are a few on here who seem to be wishing for it. I'm not one of them. Read some of thecomments and see for yourself.

]
You're stretching things Torchomatic!...There are a lot of threads ASKING if we will be Liquidated/Administration, and if so what will happen.
My point was to ask if Superfred knew for certain/fact that we would NOT go down....After all, he actually said "We. will. not. go. down.".......The point in question is NOBODY(Except SISU) knows what is going to happen.:(

Sky Blue Kid

Torchomatic....if there are a few on here that state we should be liquidated/administration...Don't you think they say this for the good, in the long run, of our Football Club?
I for one, am sick and tired of the s**t coming out of our owners' mouths.(We can't afford to buy players and secure the future of CCFC.).......But we've got £40m to BUY a half share in the Ricoh.
Fair play to RR. and Hoffman, they saw the s**t coming, and got out while they could.

torchomatic

Well you're in the ''get rid of SISU at any cost'' group. The last thing I want for us is admin or, God forbid, liquidation. It would not be good for us. We each have our own views,of course. That's mine for what it's worth.

Torchomatic....if there are a few on here that state we should be liquidated/administration...Don't you think they say this for the good, in the long run, of our Football Club?
I for one, am sick and tired of the s**t coming out of our owners' mouths.(We can't afford to buy players and secure the future of CCFC.).......But we've got £40m to BUY a half share in the Ricoh.
Fair play to RR. and Hoffman, they saw the s**t coming, and got out while they could.

Last edited:

Sick Boy

It is sickening that we have 'fans' who seem to want the club to go into liquidation/administration.

Sky Blue Kid

Well you're in the ''get rid of SISU at any cost'' group. The last thing I want for us is admin or, God forbid, liquidation. It would not be good for us. We each have ouron views,of course. That's mine for what it's worth.

I am in the group of "I want the best for my Club" if that means "Get rid of SISU at all costs" so be it!
You...as I see it, are in the "Trust In The Sisu" group...............
What happens if Hoffman comes over the hill with the Chinese, and saves our Club?
Will that get you down off the fence?....Will that stop you from having a go at the people with the bollocks to say it as it is?
My opinion/view of course!

ajsccfc

Claiming to 'say it as it is' is nothing but a weak way to add weight to words with no real basis. But hey, I'm just speaking for the silent majority, saying what people are thinking and telling it like it is.

sky blue john

It is sickening that we have 'fans' who seem to want the club to go into liquidation/administration.

Obviously under normal circumstances i wouldn't want admin but we have a cancer at our club and its called Sisu. and if you want to get rid of cancer you cut it out!!!!

Grendel

Claiming to 'say it as it is' is nothing but a weak way to add weight to words with no real basis. But hey, I'm just speaking for the silent majority, saying what people are thinking and telling it like it is.

Agreed. Went to get my ticket today. Shop was packed with people buying merchandise and tickets. I dare say some on here will be disappointed with that.

mark82

Well only last season the Non League FA agreed that any Phoenix Club can start no higher than what (locally) is the Midland Aliance. I'm pretty sure their members would insist that we comply!

This is correct. New clubs at non-league step 7 minimum and reformed clubs at non-league step 5 (Midland Alliance) minimum. However, this would cause all sorts of issues as the grounds at that level are not built for a fan base of our size and very rarely, if ever, have a police presence. Clubs at that level on occasion have attendances in single figures. Attendances in 3 figures are few and far between. Chances are that a reformed club would be in the conference for safety reasons.

Sky Blue Kid

When you say "Words with no real basis"
Is there "No real basis" when I along with countless others say...SISU have done nothing for the footballing side of the Club?
Is there "No real basis" when I along with countless others say...SISU say they are "Skint" but have £40m to buy the half share in the Ricoh?
You've read all the posts, with quotes....RR and SISU being "QUOTED" that £30m will be made ready to strengthen the team when they took over the Club, of which zilch, nada, fook all was used..............
Then again, these must be "Words with no real basis":thinking about:

ajsccfc

Obviously under normal circumstances i wouldn't want admin but we have a cancer at our club and its called Sisu. and if you want to get rid of cancer you cut it out!!!!

Cancer isn't treated with a knife, you're thinking of de-seeding pomegranates. SISU are a horrible fruit with scary innards in this case.

Grendel

This is correct. New clubs at non-league step 7 minimum and reformed clubs at non-league step 5 (Midland Alliance) minimum. However, this would cause all sorts of issues as the grounds at that level are not built for a fan base of our size and very rarely, if ever, have a police presence. Clubs at that level on occasion have attendances in single figures. Attendances in 3 figures are few and far between. Chances are that a reformed club would be in the conference for safety reasons.

A club of our size would almost certainly be given dispensation to start in league two.

ajsccfc

When you say "Words with no real basis"
Is there "No real basis" when I along with countless others say...SISU have done nothing for the footballing side of the Club?
Is there "No real basis" when I along with countless others say...SISU say they are "Skint" but have £40m to buy the half share in the Ricoh?
You've read all the posts, with quotes....RR and SISU being "QUOTED" that £30m will be made ready to strengthen the team when they took over the Club, of which zilch, nada, fook all was used..............
Then again, these must be "Words with no real basis":thinking about:

There's no real basis to you exclaiming that what you want people to agree with you over is 'as it is'. It's the same as screaming FACT when trying to shout someone down.

The stuff about SISU isn't what I'm questioning, it's the idea that you and like-minded souls are bringing the inconvenient truth which takes 'bollocks' to do so. You're typing words on a messageboard.

Saying we should take liquidation or whatever most certainly isn't telling it like it is, it's a hypothetical scenario devised on the bold assumption that it will clear SISU out. There's little indication any of it is as it is.

Nonleagueherewecome

You forgot to put FACT. And that is a FACT. :)

Nonleagueherewecome

Thank's for helping to highlight the very serious reality of the situation! It's the constitution though, we would have zero choice but to comply, or not bother with having a club at all. They made these regulations to stop the likes of us, Nuneaton and Chester (can't believe I'm writing that sentence..) from gaining too much of an advantage from being a huge club at that level and bouncing back in just a few years after financial mismanagement. This is a serious deterrent. But it doesn't hurt the long-departed previous owners that cause it-just the fans that are left to try and build something from the ashes.

This is a cracking little read for those who haven't found it themselves via Google: http://www.footballeconomy.com/content/phoenix-clubs-face-tougher-climate

I love the snarky Leamington post-code comment, too! CV31=Oxford, apparently...not the last time I went South of the river, it didn't!

Last edited:

Nonleagueherewecome

There's no real basis to you exclaiming that what you want people to agree with you over is 'as it is'. It's the same as screaming FACT when trying to shout someone down.

The stuff about SISU isn't what I'm questioning, it's the idea that you and like-minded souls are bringing the inconvenient truth which takes 'bollocks' to do so. You're typing words on a messageboard.

Saying we should take liquidation or whatever most certainly isn't telling it like it is, it's a hypothetical scenario devised on the bold assumption that it will clear SISU out. There's little indication any of it is as it is.

Honestly, you hadn't posted that when I wrote this!

You forgot to put FACT. And that is a FACT. :)

That's a fact, too...

Nonleagueherewecome

Btw Mark, Chester carried on getting 4 figure attendances in the Unibond North. We'd only be a division below that. There's plenty of history of big clubs just above the level we'd be starting at. There wouldn't be any special circumstances for us to weasel our way out of it (nor should there be, frankly)-we'd have to be able to cover the costs of the policing as part of admittance to any division, or again, we can forget it.

Forget about Nuneaton-or even Bedworth or Rugby-as the Local Derby: it's very much Atherstone and Cov Sphinx.

Users who are viewing this thread