If we get promoted (2 Viewers)

covcity4life

Forget about my being a ST holder for 40 years at HR and Ricoh when I joined CCFC forum. It wouldn't "Do" to have a opinion now that I refuse to support the worst owners in the Clubs history. I still follow the team, and I'm looking forward to the day this shower of s**t, p**s off and leave my Club in the hands of someone that wants only good for team and fans. So unless I'm kicked off the forum, you'll have to put up with me :)

lol your gonna miss our best season since 1987. sucks to be you

skybluesam66

i wont say never forgive - I am a forgiving person, and for now Sisu are doing the right things
There is still a very long way to go however

At the same time, loving this season and the football etc

Go back to just before the Jimmy hill era - gates were around 10000 -within 2 years they were up to 26000 .
What is happening now is very similar - Dont miss out -

Sky Blue Kid

You didn't ask me if I went to games, you said "Thought you didn't go to games". So, once again I'll say, What's it got to do with you?

Otis

Believe it or not Otis, I've been impressed with a lot of Grendel's posts lately. When he puts his thinking head on, he can make a lot of very good valid points.
He can indeed. Just wish he wouldn't make sweeping generalisations sometimes.

Pre-season it was 'Wigan will walk this league!' Only needed a 'could' or a 'I think they might!' Would have made a world of difference.

Last edited:

covcity4life

He can indeed. Just wish he wouldn't make sweeping generalisations sometimes.

Pre-season it was 'Wigan will walk this league!' Only needed a 'could' or a 'I think they might!' Would have made a works of difference.

and he hates admitting hes wrong after

i know hes old but hes very immature too

i mean all good bar that lol

Otis

and he hates admitting hes wrong after

i know hes old but hes very immature too

i mean all good bar that lol
Has anyone got a visual image of Grendel in their heads?

I imagine him with his hair in a greying ponytail, wearing a Marillion t-shirt, blue jeans and sipping a banana daiquiri with a copy of the Accidental Death of an Anarchist under his arm.

Sky Blue Kid

@ Otis..... I actually think Wigan are the ones to watch in the second half of the season, and think the auto spots are between Wigan, Burton and (If we stop giving away points to bottom of the league teams) Cov.

covcity4life

Has anyone got a visual image of Grendel in their heads?

I imagine him with his hair in a greying ponytail, wearing a Marillion t-shirt, blue jeans and sipping a banana daiquiri with a copy of the Accidental Death of an Anarchist under his arm.

similar but with shorter shaggy hair and stone faced

covcity4life

The sort of person who has a go at the 16 yr old girl at the tills in Sainsbury's because the last pack of Lapsang Souching has got a slight dent in it?

lol yeah. trenchcoat too possibly

when i think of you i imagine marlon brando from godfather for some reason. you are not cool or tough so i dont get it!

Otis

lol yeah. trenchcoat too possibly

when i think of you i imagine marlon brando from godfather for some reason. you are not cool or tough so i dont get it!
I am not cool or tough, you're right.

The comparison I usually get is a cross between Philip Schofield and Tim Vine (though I do still have most of my hair left unlike Phillip Schofield).

ajsccfc

I always think Otis Redding, which then makes me think of this

[video=youtube;Oi60CCM9jZU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oi60CCM9jZU[/video]

dadgad

Otis doesn't take himself too seriously which is an admirable trait on a footy forum........anyway, B Driftwood never did either. ;)

B.O.T. - Sisu will always be known as the bunch of shits that took the club out of Cov., the fact that they deliberately chose to wind the club down with
an adversarial culture beforehand will live longer in the memory even if we return us to Championship. What is happening now is the potential they
refused to realise. Simple.

Otis

Otis doesn't take himself too seriously which is an admirable trait on a footy forum........anyway, B Driftwood never did either. ;)

B.O.T. - Sisu will always be known as the bunch of shits that took the club out of Cov., the fact that they deliberately chose to wind the club down with
an adversarial culture beforehand will live longer in the memory even if we return us to Championship. What is happening now is the potential they
refused to realise. Simple.
I have to laugh at myself. Why should I be the odd one out!

hill83

I'll never forgive them for taking the club to Northampton. But I'll still go and support my team now we are back. No point punishing myself for something they did.

Otis

I'll never forgive them for taking the club to Northampton. But I'll still go and support my team now we are back. No point punishing myself for something they did.
Yep, exactly. I'm the same.

Hate the decision to take us to Northampton, it was pure idiocy. One more season and I think we'd have lost quite a few fans for good. I know I was teetering.

Not going to hold that decision against them for the rest of eternity though. They seem to be allowing things to get right on the pitch, so credit where credit's due.

Last edited:

shmmeee

Let's be honest here. They're still hanging by a string on the stadium issue. We could just as easily be back where we were in 2 years time (we could be in the Prem then, at least we'd find a better ground share).

They've appointed Mowbray and he seems to be responsible for most of the improvements.

When they have ensured we have a home for the foreseeable future, I'll accept we can put things behind us. At the moment they are on temporary reprieve pending sorting the stadium in my eyes.

But it's not pressing right now, we are near the top of the league for the first time in my lifetime, I'm going to enjoy it and worry about where we'll be playing later.

Users who are viewing this thread