If we get promoted (1 Viewer)

Astute

Oh yes he would.

R

RB1992

One thing is clear to me already. We would need to build a team around Gael Bigirimana

Sky Blue Kid

To be fair, we didn't have a ground before they came in...

To be fair, SISU had numerable chances to buy into the Ricoh way before the Wasps came on the scene, but prefered to try and steal the Stadium for nothing. No forgiveness from me.

mechaishida

One thing is clear to me already. We would need to build a team around Gael Bigirimana

Very droll, I like you.

SISU will always be SISU, that's a given, lads. If our fortunes are due to change, it'll be in part thanks to their foresight and business sense RE. acquiring a top management team to get the product kickstarted.

I was particularly anti-SISU, but then, what does such a stance achieve? Absolutely nothing. I'm just enjoying being a CCFC fan again, long may it continue.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
not sure forgive is the right word. In my opinion they made business decisions, many very badly, primarily aimed at benefiting their investors. CCFC is a bad investment for them nothing more, I do not sense any positive emotional connection to the team or indeed the fans. It was just business. They have tried to use the facts and laws to their own ends to maximise an investment, much like any other major player in this sorry saga. I can accept that each party made business decisions to suit themselves and as such I am not looking to forgive but I am more prepared to park the history and look forward - what happens over the next few years is far more important than perceived past sins and their forgiveness

Not sure SISU and Seppala are searching for or want our forgiveness in any case.

The better question perhaps is would I trust them, and frankly no. That's the thing about trust takes ages to build but seconds to lose and can never be fully rebuilt. The owners have done very little to rebuild that trust and the performance of the team has masked that. The club CCFC has made some real efforts, and with some success but is that driven by SISU or Seppala? On far too many occasions they the owners or the people who help represent their interests at CCFC have said things that frankly just have not stacked up, made sense, or distorted events in my opinion and that has destroyed any trust that was there or being built. Personally I can draw a line under that however and look forward, wait to see them/club walk the walk not talk the talk but I will remain healthily sceptical of anything they(SISU) do.

Quite clearly CCFC has to manage on its own means now - yes they gave TM a contract, but he has insisted on control of football matters, but it would be interesting to know who found him in the first place I doubt it was SISU. Once he was here it cant have been a difficult decision to recommend keeping him to Seppala, his salary comes from the income CCFC raises for itself so was it really much of a financial decision for her?. Its not like she seems to have an in depth knowledge/interest of football or football managers. So will we get promoted, if indeed we do, because or in spite of SISU and Seppala?

Taking the OP's question a little further..... say we get promoted but struggle through lack of financial support and get relegated again ..... do you still forgive or is it then everyone else's fault? Not sure any Championship team survives their without significant extra funding from its owners or parachute payments (we wont get those). The catch with that is that any extra income will need to be spent on the team and the extra owner funding only increases the £50m+ debt we already have (at least £40m created under SISU's tenure). We could end up coming back down with a lot more debt.......... will fans be seeking to forgive and forget then ? ........ :thinking about:

I trust those running the club day to day far more than its owners

Not about forgiveness it is about trust and I remain sceptical that will ever be rebuilt. Just my opinion

Would love to see us promoted just the same though :)

Last edited:

fernandopartridge

We're no more with or without a stadium now than we have been for 15 years since the previous owners sold Highfield Rd. We've been homeless ever since. The situation with renting from Wasps owned ACL is basically the same as council and trust fund owned ACL. Arguably with a far better deal now.

honestken

Would you fully forgive sisu and joy?

For me it's a tough question but everything off and on the field is falling into place and must admit I have to praise them the past 6 months
never.

remember we are in this division in the 1st place because of them!!

if we are to get promoted this season it will be in spite of sisu, Mowbray is working wonders with the budget they have gave him this season.

ajsccfc

It can't really be in spite of them if it's the budget they've given him. If anything it goes someway to indicate that their backing is enough when you've got the personnel right.

I long gave up on the idea of raging about the owners at every turn, and Tim Fisher's basically just a fictional creation to allow people to vent at this point.

dongonzalos

yeah

took over with coleman in charge,championship status and terrible rent deal

now better manager,same status(if promoted) and great rental deal.

progress......

Progress interesting definition of progress.

I would say now is progress compared to the last day of last season.

However The day they took over compared to today is far far far from progress.

Sky Blue Kid

not sure forgive is the right word. In my opinion they made business decisions, many very badly, primarily aimed at benefiting their investors. CCFC is a bad investment for them nothing more, I do not sense any positive emotional connection to the team or indeed the fans. It was just business. They have tried to use the facts and laws to their own ends to maximise an investment, much like any other major player in this sorry saga. I can accept that each party made business decisions to suit themselves and as such I am not looking to forgive but I am more prepared to park the history and look forward - what happens over the next few years is far more important than perceived past sins and their forgiveness

Not sure SISU and Seppala are searching for or want our forgiveness in any case.

The better question perhaps is would I trust them, and frankly no. That's the thing about trust takes ages to build but seconds to lose and can never be fully rebuilt. The owners have done very little to rebuild that trust and the performance of the team has masked that. The club CCFC has made some real efforts, and with some success but is that driven by SISU or Seppala? On far too many occasions they the owners or the people who help represent their interests at CCFC have said things that frankly just have not stacked up, made sense, or distorted events in my opinion and that has destroyed any trust that was there or being built. Personally I can draw a line under that however and look forward, wait to see them/club walk the walk not talk the talk but I will remain healthily sceptical of anything they(SISU) do.

Quite clearly CCFC has to manage on its own means now - yes they gave TM a contract, but he has insisted on control of football matters, but it would be interesting to know who found him in the first place I doubt it was SISU. Once he was here it cant have been a difficult decision to recommend keeping him to Seppala, his salary comes from the income CCFC raises for itself so was it really much of a financial decision for her?. Its not like she seems to have an in depth knowledge/interest of football or football managers. So will we get promoted, if indeed we do, because or in spite of SISU and Seppala?

Taking the OP's question a little further..... say we get promoted but struggle through lack of financial support and get relegated again ..... do you still forgive or is it then everyone else's fault? Not sure any Championship team survives their without significant extra funding from its owners or parachute payments (we wont get those). The catch with that is that any extra income will need to be spent on the team and the extra owner funding only increases the £50m+ debt we already have (at least £40m created under SISU's tenure). We could end up coming back down with a lot more debt.......... will fans be seeking to forgive and forget then ? ........ :thinking about:

Not about forgiveness it is about trust and I remain sceptical that will ever be rebuilt. Just my opinion

Your opinion is 100% shared with me OSB58.

dongonzalos

the day they took over we were on the brink

The day they took over we were in the Championship and they came in promising the Premiership.

4th in Division three after the worse year in the club's history ( Northampton) Is not progress compared to that day.

dongonzalos

Perfectly put

jimmyhillsfanclub

IF we get promoted.... I'm gonna party like its 1989!;)

Yeah....As a club, we'll still be in massive debt & playing in a rented soulless shit-cage by a motorway.....but as Fernando says.....that ain't new & it was already the case before sisu arrived....

...and unless your fucking mental & have a spare £200m rattling about down the back of your sofa.....who cares...

I've just got my fingers crossed we don't bottle it like Rolaaands lot did in 2002 & Mowbrays sides have done in the past.......looking forward to scoffing disco biscuits all day at Boundary Park...

PUSB & Rave on!

covcity4life

The day they took over we were in the Championship and they came in promising the Premiership.

4th in Division three after the worse year in the club's history ( Northampton) Is not progress compared to that day.

thread title clearly states IF WE GET PROMOTED

Sky Blue Kid

IF we get promoted. Why should I or anybody forgive SISU for getting us Relegated, and are at present Deeper in the shit than we ever were under former owners.

Sky Blue Kid

We're no more with or without a stadium now than we have been for 15 years since the previous owners sold Highfield Rd. We've been homeless ever since. The situation with renting from Wasps owned ACL is basically the same as council and trust fund owned ACL. Arguably with a far better deal now.

Where exactly are you talking about football in your post you bigoted prick?

SkyBlueSid

To be fair, SISU had numerable chances to buy into the Ricoh way before the Wasps came on the scene, but prefered to try and steal the Stadium for nothing. No forgiveness from me.
This is true, and it sums up the way SISU have always wanted to do business. I shudder when I think back at some of SISU's people over the last few years.

What is a bigger issue is what happened with the team though. They surrendered our Championship status without any sort of fight, so much so that most of us were convinced even in pre-season that we were certs for relegation. I know we have been so starved of success for decades that any glimmer of hope looks good, but promotion this season just takes us back to where we were 7 or 8 years ago. So excuse me for not getting carried away just yet.

Sky Blue Kid

Whatever happened to that famous Ray Ranson quote on day of SISU taking over of, "As of today, this Football Club is no longer in debt. In fact it's one of only 3-4 Clubs that are totally debt free" Then within a few months started selling off any asset and remortgaging Ryton training ground. My bad, mustn't go against the rose tinted spectacle wearers that think I shouldn't have an opinion because I no longer go to games whilst SISU are still our Clubs owners. Headline news for you......FUCK YOU!

R

RB1992

If we get promoted I would like to see Gael Bigirimana take on a player/director role. He seems like a highly intelligent lad who I strongly believe can sort out our problems on and off the pitch.

Sky Blue Kid

Look at my post history you tragedy.

I thought you were never coming back after your last flounce. You've had more comebacks than Rocky!

Try reading my posts over the last month or so. I stated I've never gone but just sitting reading posts. You "Steps as well as ABBA lover"

Sky Blue Kid

why are you on ccfc forum if you dont support the club?

Forget about my being a ST holder for 40 years at HR and Ricoh when I joined CCFC forum. It wouldn't "Do" to have a opinion now that I refuse to support the worst owners in the Clubs history. I still follow the team, and I'm looking forward to the day this shower of s**t, p**s off and leave my Club in the hands of someone that wants only good for team and fans. So unless I'm kicked off the forum, you'll have to put up with me :)

dongonzalos

I think with SISU for all they have done wrong they have done an awful lot right. We can all live in the past but it does not solve anything. Below is a quote:
“Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift of God, which is why we call it the present.”
Change the word God in that to SISU and think....

PUSB!!!!!!!

I like that quote

Otis

I will never, ever forgive them!

Since they took over my mortgage has gone up, my boiler has burst, IS have reared their ugly head in the world, Geordie Shore has appeared on our TV screens and my 85 year old mum's hearing is not what it used to be.

They are truly the epitome of pure, unadulterated, spiteful evil and also just a bit naughty too.

Forgive? NEVER!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread