If The Worst Was To Happen...Relegation (1 Viewer)

Offhegoes

I presume Robins would stay, and most would be OK with that. What would our squad look like though? I would imagine we could keep most of them, except Hamer, O'Hare & possibly Walker. Doubt we'd sign Sheaf either. Based on that, and the squad we have this season, this doesn't look a bad X1

Marosi
Dabo Rose McFadz Hyam Reid
Kelly Eccles
Allen Hilsner
Godden
Subs : Wilson, Pask, Shipley, Biamou, Tavares, Drysdale, Jobello,

Ccfcisparks

I presume Robins would stay, and most would be OK with that. What would our squad look like though? I would imagine we could keep most of them, except Hamer, O'Hare & possibly Walker. Doubt we'd sign Sheaf either. Based on that, and the squad we have this season, this doesn't look a bad X1

Marosi
Kelly Eccles
Allen Hilsner
Godden
Looking at that team, quite frankly I don't want to think about it.

Last edited:

Saddlebrains

Its pivotal we stay up..

For chances of progressing as a club, being more financially stable, for getting back to the Ricoh, for everything really.

Tell you what would be the worst bit.......

Not seeing our only season back in the championship and then somehow having to rouse yourself to get to St Andrews and watch league 1 football after missing out on that. I mean im sure we would out of love for the club. But wouldn't half feel horrible

no_loyalty

If we go down the loss of revenue will be huge, I think we may struggle to bounce back at the first time of asking.

pastythegreat

Marosi
Kelly Eccles
Allen Hilsner
Godden
Would have to sell a few to balance the books.

Would expect maybe to lose
Dabo
Hamer
O'Hare
Walker
at a minimum.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Grendel

I get not wanting to be relegated, but that team is 8/11 of the same side that waltzed the same division a year ago.

No mccallum no Walsh and no Ohare and no one knows on goddens recovery. Also Mcfazdean 2 years older

cov donkey kick

Dropping back would be tragic but think it may happen but think we would have enough to get back, can't help thinking that Robins would move on the players with weak mentalities that him and the staff off the field have seen and can see another rebuild. Players left would likely to be Mc fadz, dabo, walker, godden, most of the midfield including ohare. Not sure if hamer would stay I guess money talks and think offers would be taken if price was met. On Sheaf think he would go back.
It's not nice talking on this topic.

Malaka

On current form Hamer won't be going anywhere. Unless of course he has been tapped up for a move. I can't put my finger on his loss of form, the bite has gone and the energy from his game. It may be that he is being more defensive minded as he has lost faith in the defence, who knows, but he certainly isn't the player he was at this time.

SBT

With Hyam and Rose both regressed massively.

They haven't regressed, they've just found the limits of their abilities.

No mccallum no Walsh and no Ohare and no one knows on goddens recovery. Also Mcfazdean 2 years older

You can make the best case/worst case arguments all day (O'Hare only started a third of our games last year etc etc) but it would be silly to argue that we wouldn't be immediately one of the favourites to go up from L1 next season if we got relegated.

Grendel

They haven't regressed, they've just found the limits of their abilities.

You can make the best case/worst case arguments all day (O'Hare only started a third of our games last year etc etc) but it would be silly to argue that we wouldn't be immediately one of the favourites to go up from L1 next season if we got relegated.

I don’t think we would be at all

ceetee

Sunderland still had the benefit of Premier League redundancy money but they didn't bounce back

SBT

I don’t think we would be at all

Well, if we do get relegated, let's see who the bookies agree with.
Sunderland still had the benefit of Premier League redundancy money but they didn't bounce back

Pretty sure that (along with all the relegated teams) they were among the favourites to go up, with good reason. Clearly it's no guarantee, but why pretend we wouldn't have one of the better teams at that level?

shmmeee

Dabo, Hamer and O'Hare would all leave if we went down. Doubt there would be much interest for anyone else.

Dabo wouldn’t go anywhere. He got no interest last year and this year hasn’t established himself at all. And he’s hardly young now.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I can't even think about it.

It is imperative that we stay up, and entirely preventable if we don't. We can compete in this division, but we have to get more out of what we've got. Liam Kelly is right, every game is a cup final now. It didn't need to get to this stage, but it has. I worry about us being psychologically strong enough too.

I would play James, Hamer, and Kelly in a middle three and then work it around that. We are in an emergency situation and have to use the best we've got.

Covcraig@bury

It would be nice to stay up “but” the league table doesn’t lie as it stands ,we deserve to go down and for me it lies with MR .

Users who are viewing this thread