As it stands (1 Viewer)

Northeast sky blue

Team for the first fixture
Moore
Dabo Hyam Mcfadzean Rose Bidwell
Sheaf Hamer
O'Hare Palmer
Gyokeres
Subs Wilson. Kelly. Waghorn. Godden. Walker. Eccles. Allen.

Good enough to beat the Mackems?

Gint11

Decent. Not sure about balance though. I think for the first fixture, I’d rather two up top in Godden and Gyko and sacrifice having 2 No 10s and see how we go.

CovLad94

Moore
Sheaf Hamer
O'Hare Palmer
Gyokeres

Will probably be 2 up top, would say Palmers way off the pace so far to be starting the first game

Seaside-Skyblue

It's decent, no doubt about it. But we've signed just one player and got rid of several others (albeit they weren't up to standard anyway). The players in theory should be getting better with more championship experience from last season but unless robins has tapped into getting even more out of the players and maybe tweaked a few things tactically, I'm expecting to see similar shortfalls to last season i.e shipping too many goals and looking shaky at the back. That said, I expect we'll get a couple of defensive players in soon as people and Robins has mentioned so we should do ok fingers crossed and should be enough for Sunderland. Not being negative, more realistic for my own sanity, it's the hope that gets me every season!

Sorry recognise this was about the first game specifically so based on above, easy win!

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Speedie's Head

At home he'll start two up top a lot of the time but away and against some of the stronger teams it'll likely be the box midfield. It's pretty clear then that he wants to play Palmer and O'Hare together, the rest of the time Palmer will be likely cover and a sub when cal has missed his 10th sitter of the game and we're still an early goal down ;). Godden is my first choice every time up top every time - class finish with his left peg on Friday night. Vik needs to learn to score with his head.

Sick Boy

At home he'll start two up top a lot of the time but away and against some of the stronger teams it'll likely be the box midfield. It's pretty clear then that he wants to play Palmer and O'Hare together, the rest of the time Palmer will be likely cover and a sub when cal has missed his 10th sitter of the game and we're still an early goal down ;). Godden is my first choice every time up top every time - class finish with his left peg on Friday night. Vik needs to learn to score with his head.
Gyökeres is far superior overall to Godden, there's no way he's going to be playing second fiddle.

stay_up_skyblues

Unless Palmer has 15 goals a season in him Vik and Godden up top together should be plan A for me. Definitely against a newly promoted side.

SeaSeeEffCee

Of course Gyökeres is overall a far better striker.
You're clueless if you think that's not the case.
The only aspect of Godden’s game that comes anywhere near Gyokeres’ is his movement and finishing. Admittedly a very important thing for a striker to have, but he’s so far off him in terms of hold up play, carrying the ball, beating a man, bullying defenders etc.

Paxman II

Palmer is not a starter as of yet. Much work to do there. Godden is fit and ready and our best striker. Very difficult to pick a side and who to leave out. Allen for example? But I would pretty much go with that apart from Palmer and put Godden and Gyko in together. If he goes cautious away from home then Gyko as lone striker to keep their defenders busy and Allen to come in. He could put kelly in away from home as he has good defensive ability too. What we don't do is lose. We should win at a canter for me, but 40k mackems will give them a lift first day of season. I hope we can silence them. 1-3 City.

Yorkshire SB

I wouldn’t start Palmer yet, let him have a couple off the bench, build his match fitness.

Also Gyokeres is probably our best player, never mind striker.

Skybluecol

Defence is a massive concern for me at the moment. Fadz only getting older, Dabo was inconsistent last year (hoping that changes) and Bidwell is a bench player at best for us. If we keep the big 3 then defo 2 full back and a CB required. Hyam really is becoming a solid CB and Rose improved 2nd half the season. We conceded way too many goals down our right hand side last season, especially at home.
I'd be more than happy with a similar season with flirting with the playoffs.

stay_up_skyblues

Defence is a massive concern for me at the moment. Fadz only getting older, Dabo was inconsistent last year (hoping that changes) and Bidwell is a bench player at best for us. If we keep the big 3 then defo 2 full back and a CB required. Hyam really is becoming a solid CB and Rose improved 2nd half the season. We conceded way too many goals down our right hand side last season, especially at home.
I'd be more than happy with a similar season with flirting with the playoffs.

RE Dabo, he is routinely a standout performer whenever he gets a run of games and up to full match fitness. His patchy form always corresponds with coming back from injury. If he stays fit he’s a quality RWB at this level.

Samo

Moore
Sheaf Hamer
O'Hare Palmer
Gyokeres

I don't think Palmer will start.

procdoc

I love Matty Godden. He’s our best finisher and is one the best forwards we have signed for ages. However he is not better than Vik.
Vik is an absolute beast that, even when not scoring, bullies defenders. He’s the best striker we have had in the championship overall.
But, as I say, this isn’t a slight on Godden at all

steve cooper

It's likely that with one up front, Godden will start on the bench but he will play some part in most games when fit. The high press high energy game needs 2 strikers ideally to play the lone striker role.

Users who are viewing this thread