Idiot City fans at Bescot station (1 Viewer)

warwickcccfc

. FL crowds this year have been awful, and I'm not surprised because the match day experience just isn't fun. .

That may have more to do with the fact that teams have reverted to a 'safety first, park the bus' 4-5-1 piss-boring tactics, I fear.

We even play 1 up front at home, FFS!

fernandopartridge

Just got back to London after game, dropped a couple of mates off before getting home to south London...couple of general observations before I go off on one....

1) as at Pompey, we brought a good number of fans but the general atmosphere was subdued; hardly surprising as we have nothing to play for and everyone is worried about the future;

2) more anti-SISU chanting, but, as at Pompey this seemed half-hearted and more abstained than joined in - it was different at home to Donny where it was very loud and sustained

OK - as many will know, it was a pain in the arse with everyone having to queue on the path back to the train station. Hanging around an industrial estate next to the M6 is nobody's idea of fun, but I and others needed to head north (along with some Walsall fans) and obviously there was a lot of City fans going south, so, due to the policing of the queue, an empty north-bound train left Bescot whilst lots of people were bottled up in the queue unable to get to the platform. Only mildly annoyed by this as there was another train 20 mins later, but surely it is not beyond the wit of man to have more than 1 queue for the 2-platform station? Didn't help that a couple of obnoxious Walsall idiots tried to push their way though the queue.

OK - main gripe: once on the station we were stood on the opposite platform to the City fans waiting for the service back to BNS. There were a few Walsall kids on our platform acting like a bunch of yokels, but the goading and abuse they were getting from some City fans, many of them grown men, was just embarrassing. I was there with my Ciy scarf on while dozens of fellow supporters were jeering and inciting a bunch of idiotic teenagers over the tracks. Frankly, it made the whole Cov support on the platform look like a bunch of chavs. I know that is not the case but it just looks bad; why is that when we have a big away support there are always some idiots who let us down?? I know all clubs have got a problem with a minority of wankers, but it does seem to be a recurring theme for us.

Oh and the game - what a non-event that was! I just hope to God that we do not end up playing at the Bescot full time.

Boo hoo, a bit of shouting at a football match. Grow up you big baby.

Users who are viewing this thread