Idiot City fans at Bescot station (1 Viewer)

luwalla

I was at the Crewe game and it kicked off a couple of times between our own fans, the first time was when a bunch of our nobby supporters came in and knocked an older guy and his son down the stairs.. They then started on them ! Pure d ick head s

I wanted to start takings lads to the away games as well as home matches this season.. But after 3 games that idea was soon knocked on the head..

CJparker

Don't get me wrong, nothing wrong with a good bit of good natured banter; it usually adds to the experience.

However, I have got no time for pissed up 40-year old blokes roaring abuse at teenagers across stand partitions / railway tracks / police cordons. If it is "part of the game" then it gives football a bad name. These people can make us all look like a bunch of mugs to the non-understanding passers-by.

Maybe I was not in a humorous mood after taking a spanking by Walsall, but just thought it was a sad and banal end to a dreadful day.

RoboCCFC90

There was one little scuffle unfortunately in front of me between two City fans, I am not sure what it was regarding, but it got sorted pretty quickly and I even think two men got ejected for the little scuffle, except for that I didn't see much trouble at all.

SW88 I understand your point about the City fans and Westcarr, but from what I saw (I had an amazing view of it mind you), Westcarr was giving it the big one in front of the City fans and that is what prompted the response, Westcarr even got booked for this, IMO don't dish it if you can't take it, especially when your numbered by 2000 to 1.

BLAKESCREWE

ALL fans of fallen `big` clubs do this sort of thing, at Crewe I heard someone grumbling "what a shit hole" as he went for his car after the JPT match, sour grapes! get over it, this thing happens with overspending badly run clubs like Coventry.

Mucca Mad Boys

ALL fans of fallen `big` clubs do this sort of thing, at Crewe I heard someone grumbling "what a shit hole" as he went for his car after the JPT match, sour grapes! get over it, this thing happens with overspending badly run clubs like Coventry.

Overspending? Coventry? Those two words shouldn't be said in the same sentence.

theferret

Nothing even remotely serious happened yesterday. A bit of cross-platform banter? Seem that a million times, not sure what the fuss is about. Don't go in for that sort of stuff myself, but won't lose sleep over it, neither will the Walsall fans who I guess were quite amused by it.

If you want a completely sanitised ra-ra atmosphere go and watch ice hockey or something.

Dino

This thread sums up whats wrong with our support! Far to many pc brigade do gooders, as been said this was a nothing incident, it shows a bit of passion which is part of english football. I for one dont want to shake hands and be friendly with the opposition a bit of abuse as long as not to bad is part and parcel and after whats happening to the club people have even more frustration. 90% of all league clubs fans would have had demos and been alot more hostile if in our situation. Please dont go again!

CJparker

Overspending? Coventry? Those two words shouldn't be said in the same sentence.

When you think of the amounts we paid out in wages to the likes of Elliot Whrd, Tim Sherwood, Colin Hendry etc, "overspending" is probably a fair-enough term to use

Brighton Sky Blue

When you think of the amounts we paid out in wages to the likes of Elliot Whrd, Tim Sherwood, Colin Hendry etc, "overspending" is probably a fair-enough term to use

Freddie Eastwood, Kevin Kyle, and Leon McKenzie-a combined fee of £2.6 million in transfers alone. When we had money to spend (at least a lot more than we do now), we blew it big time. Around the same time Blackpool got promoted having spent money on only one player (Charlie Adam for £500k).

Our transfer policy has always been suspect, except early on under Ranson/Coleman.

CJparker

This thread sums up whats wrong with our support! Far to many pc brigade do gooders, as been said this was a nothing incident, it shows a bit of passion which is part of english football. I for one dont want to shake hands and be friendly with the opposition a bit of abuse as long as not to bad is part and parcel and after whats happening to the club people have even more frustration. 90% of all league clubs fans would have had demos and been alot more hostile if in our situation. Please dont go again!

So what you're saying is that football fans are entitled, if not obliged, to give out shit to other people. All part of the game, innit? That's what puts me off the game - people going round think that being a boorish annoying twat is part of the territory.

Nothing wrong with being civilized - you should give it a try some time.

Brighton Sky Blue

That has nothing to do with sour grapes and more to do with the fact that Crewe genuinely is a shithole. As is Walsall.

Dino

Im civilised at work, with the family and friends and at football, i dont need to bitch about a nothing incident:facepalm:

theferret

I dread to think how some of the younger generation would have coped 25-30 years ago. They would have had a meltdown. Banter, even if it is uncouth and boorish, is easy to put up with, just goes straight over my head. The very real threat of getting physically assaulted is something else entirely, and I'm glad it isn't like that anymore.

The danger is that we sanitise the game to such an extent that it becomes so dull that people just don't want to go. FL crowds this year have been awful, and I'm not surprised because the match day experience just isn't fun. It's anti-fun if anything, so a bit of spice and a few verbal exchanges (even if contrived) can add a bit of an edge to an otherwise miserable afternoon and raise the volume a bit.

I'm close to giving up now. The pathetic response from fans and the media to the Ferdinand bonfire chant have made me realise that the lunatics have taken over and there probably isn't any coming back from that. It'll only get worse from here.

Colin1883

I dread to think how some of the younger generation would have coped 25-30 years ago. They would have had a meltdown. Banter, even if it is uncouth and boorish, is easy to put up with, just goes straight over my head. The very real threat of getting physically assaulted is something else entirely, and I'm glad it isn't like that anymore.

The danger is that we sanitise the game to such an extent that it becomes so dull that people just don't want to go. FL crowds this year have been awful, and I'm not surprised because the match day experience just isn't fun. It's anti-fun if anything, so a bit of spice and a few verbal exchanges (even if contrived) can add a bit of an edge to an otherwise miserable afternoon and raise the volume a bit.

I'm close to giving up now. The pathetic response from fans and the media to the Ferdinand bonfire chant have made me realise that the lunatics have taken over and there probably isn't any coming back from that. It'll only get worse from here.

I agree totally... Remember - Leeds and the all-seater, the Parsons nose incident to
Mention but two... You literally risked life and limb going to a game and as for going to away games...

WestEndAgro

I agree totally... Remember - Leeds and the all-seater, the Parsons nose incident to
Mention but two... You literally risked life and limb going to a game and as for going to away games...

What happened at the Parsons nose ?

WestEndAgro

A fan lost an eye... City //Leicester

I never knew this, I remember a cov fan getting his face slashed really badly against Blues, we were making our way to ST Andrews, probably 83 / 84 when we got done.
The away days back then were extreme, Walsal on Saturday was like a Teddy Bears picnic.

CJparker

Disagree with this - why can't we enjoy football without resorting to goading and abuse.

"It's part of the game" bleat some people - shame, because if it wasn't, we might attract more people to games. People who are out off by perceived boorishness / loutishness

Colin1883

I never knew this, I remember a cov fan getting his face slashed really badly against
Blues, we were making our way to ST Andrews, probably 83 / 84 when we got done.
The away days back then were extreme, Walsal on Saturday was like a Teddy Bears picnic.

What about city arms about 82 Leicester fan got slashed with a Stanley... If I remember right he had 100 plus stitches In his back...

And it was always fun!? When icf came to town

I do not condone anything in the above posts... it was a fact of life back then

Last edited:

Macca

That is mostly true

As I recall city turned out for the big obvious games but were regularly embarrassed by "lesser" clubs. I have to say this thread makes me laugh. It's a far more safe experience now and as a grown up I think it's for the better. Back in the 80 s it resembled a war zone

WestEndAgro

Although without being blinded by nostalgia, city were usually on their toes !

Correct Macca, certainly inn the 80's we spent most of the time running, mind you their were some real nasty firms around then.
During the 70's I used to go with my dad and we always parked in Gulson Road Hospital, exactly on the route the away fans were taken, I can clearly remember the Cov fans trying to get at them down Bramble Street and Gravton street most weeks, then the huge meet ups as we crossed Gosford Park. Ah the good old days.

Colin1883

As I recall city turned out for the big obvious games but were regularly embarrassed by "lesser" clubs. I have to say this thread makes me laugh. It's a far more safe experience now and as a grown up I think it's for the better. Back in the 80 s it resembled a war zone

It was friggin crazy back then...
It weren't safe anywhere. If it weren't the opo fans it was the spg having a go...

Macca

I m not a fan of glorifying it, was just the way things were, tough eras, very little to do, provided a sense of belonging. I will say though that Coventry had a good reputation for being game if not always successful!

What makes me laugh now is as a responsible adult when I see anything happen now I find myself tutting as if I was never young and daft myself. I like that generally now I can take my son to the game without having to sprint home!

Steve.B50

I know what you mean, it was real war zone then, only colours on show was a silk scald around your wrist so you could hide it quick.
Used to take other scarves as a war momento. Not nice times and not proud of the way I was in those days, am glad I grew up quickly.

letsallsingtogether

I know what you mean, it was real war zone then, only colours on show was a silk scald around your wrist so you could hide it quick.
Used to take other scarves as a war momento. Not nice times and not proud of the way I was in those days, am glad I grew up quickly.
Steve I Might grow up one day then again :p

Some of the posts on here condoning violence at a football match are sickening and outdated, if some of you "hard guys" really think you are tough then go to a boxing club and stand toe to toe with an opponent and lets see who's really got bottle, football violence is in the past and lets leave it there, if you're old enough to remember it then you're old enough to know better, it was a shit time to be a supporter........................
As for Westcarr giving it the "big one" he was walking as slow as he could to take a corner whilst people old enough to know better were shouting abuse at him from 2 yards away, well that takes some balls doesn't it?

I was ashamed of some of our so called fans behaviour and they should be identified and charged accordingly for bringing the club into disrepute....................that is all

Colin1883

Some of the posts on here condoning violence at a football match are sickening and outdated, if some of you "hard guys" really think you are tough then go to a boxing club and stand toe to toe with an opponent and lets see who's really got bottle, football violence is in the past and lets leave it there, if you're old enough to remember it then you're old enough to know better, it was a shit time to be a supporter........................
As for Westcarr giving it the "big one" he was walking as slow as he could to take a corner whilst people old enough to know better were shouting abuse at him from 2 yards away, well that takes some balls doesn't it?

I was ashamed of some of our so called fans behaviour and they should be identified and charged accordingly for bringing the club into disrepute....................that is all

I definitely was not condoning violence... Just comparing how it was to how it is now.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread