I will never support coventry city if they are not in coventry (1 Viewer)

Sick Boy

Brilliant, more abuse to posters because they don't share people's people of view.

The majority who support ACL are hypocrites and are certainly showing their level of intellect here by resorting to playground jokes.

Brighton Sky Blue

Brilliant, more abuse to posters because they don't share people's people of view.

The majority who support ACL are hypocrites and are certainly showing their level of intellect here by resorting to playground jokes.

When we're losing 4-0 to Rotherham on a crisp Tuesday night at St Andrews before a crowd of 4000 I'm sure we'll all be grateful to Tim for rejecting every offer nasty ACL sent his way.

savosdad

Banned
so the senario is we get drawn with man utd at home in FA cup loose 20000 tickets if it was at the ricoh do me a favour

FUCK OFF EVERYONE IN CONNECTION WITH THIS FUCKING SHIT HOLE CLUB

ryb1983ccfc

<p>
Brilliant, more abuse to posters because they don't share people's people of view.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>The majority who support ACL are hypocrites and are certainly showing their level of intellect here by resorting to playground jokes.
</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
I don't support acl or sisu I support Coventry city! People really need to understand that our club is being ruined!

Noggin

If SISU had truely wanted to build their own stadium the smart thing to do financially was accept the 400k rent deal and then start to build their own stadium. By an absolutely massive margin than anyone with any intelligence at all can see this is the best plan. Quite honestly they may have had a lot of support for this too. If they had done this early enough we'd not have lost robbins and quite possibly we'd be getting excited for the playoffs with real hope for our future.

Doing it that way is at least 3/4quarters of a million better off a year and you don't lose the fans that you would have to try an win back when the new stadium is built.

Nonleagueherewecome

I know you are, but what am I? :p

barnsleyskyblue

if the sky blues move out of coventry i will never watch them. i moved away but coming back to watch them means visiting a city that holds great memories for me, what would be the point of going to say northampton.

_brian_

I will not support CCFC until we have new owners who are willing to waste millions investing in us for little or no reward; a stadium that is fully owned by the club and is in Coventry; we're successful on the pitch, i.e. we're in the Premership where we belong; we have a train station at the ground that we fully own - in Coventry; parking is free at the ground that we fully own - in Coventry; season tickets are less then £150; all league games are played at 3pm on a Saturday!

Until then, it's bye bye from me!!! LOL!

ccfctommy

Let's make one thing clear.

Is Sisu want to move to another ground temporarily then that can only happen if they have a solid plan to return to Coventry with a new stadium being built.

The football league and FA will not sanction any move to St Andrews or the likes without that. The only way they can have a solid plan is with funding being shown, planning permission being accepted for a new ground etc.

You can't just pack up and leave.

Nail on head.

Delboycov

Good bye then!! I support the team not the Ricoh arena!!

A team called COVENTRY City! A club that was formed in 1883 in COVENTRY and has spent it's entire history playing in COVENTRY with a majority fanbase made up of people from COVENTRY. I personally support COVENTRY City.......the 'team' and it's players come and go but the reason I support the club is that it represents the city I'm so proud of coming from and I'm sorry but if we were based outside my city then it would no longer be doing that....it would be representing Irthlingborough, Walsall, Birmingham or any other outpost including "South Warwickshire" that it played it's games in. Each to their own though.....

Greggs

Conversation between Dad and Son.
"Fancy an away day this weekend Dad?"
"Yeah we are playing Coventry, they play in Birmingham"
"Fuck that"

honestken

Good for you, I guess this will separate the real CCFC fans from the rest.
ive missed less than 10 home games since 1985, as in watching my team play in their correct city, if coventry city do not play in coventry then i will no longer go to watch the home games, not even if i got free transport there and back.

guess that means im not a "real" fan though.....

Covstu

I would certainly struggle to get to brum every other week. Ricoh is convienient and doesnt take out the entire day. Sorry if i am not classed as a superfan as a result but if we play outside Coventry then i wont be there. If we remain at the Ricoh under SISU or the Hoff or feckin Superman then I will be there. You imagine next year against Wolves at St Andrews! There would be far more of them that us!!!

Alot of people are talking about things they have no idea about, only you as a fan can decide on whether you attend or do not attend but people shouldnt be rediculed for their opinion.

So if SISU decide to start a football club outside of Coventry lets call them SISU FC and AFC Coventry starts up in a lower league but playing at the Ricoh with decent owners and enough financial clout to get consecutive promotions back to the FL. Which one is Coventry City?

I would say the one that is in Coventry!

honestken

You think PH4 wouldn't want to make profit from the club? Are you that naive? Texan (USA, land of slaves to money) property developer (do I need to explain this?) - obviously in it for the money, why do you think people invest? To make a loss? Please. Why do you think he wants to secure a 50% share in ACL before a takeover is agreed!?

I'm not hating on PH4, I hope he's legit, but don't go on about the 'Mayfair hedge fund' only wanting profit because that's exactly what PH4 is about, he'd want the land surrounding the RICOH to develop it (property developer?) to make a profit (shocker) - for the exact reasons as SISU.

English football doesn't care about the fans, why do you think they milk our money!? Bayern Munich have the cheaper adults ST (£104, that £91 cheaper than my concession ST for L1 football, and considering our form, I feel ripped off) than anyone in the football league (and a lot of non-league I bet).

EDIT: I wonder who'll answer this? Or will people conveniently ignore this.
i notice how you have not commented at all on the "sisu finances explained" thread.....

i suggest you have a butchers.

DaleM

It's not going to happen anyway . All will be resolved . It doesn't make any financial sense for SISU to do this. To generate the same sort of income with estimated numbers willing to travel they will have to charge £100 a ticket. Timmy is full of wind and piss.

Delboycov

I will not support CCFC until we have new owners who are willing to waste millions investing in us for little or no reward; a stadium that is fully owned by the club and is in Coventry; we're successful on the pitch, i.e. we're in the Premership where we belong; we have a train station at the ground that we fully own - in Coventry; parking is free at the ground that we fully own - in Coventry; season tickets are less then £150; all league games are played at 3pm on a Saturday!

Until then, it's bye bye from me!!! LOL!

That is the only condition I have......

Nonleagueherewecome

torchomatic

Ooh look, a new poster. I'd imagine there will be quite a few people having a go at you for your ridiculous newbie views. Though, as you agree with them, probably not.

ive missed less than 10 home games since 1985, as in watching my team play in their correct city, if coventry city do not play in coventry then i will no longer go to watch the home games, not even if i got free transport there and back.

guess that means im not a "real" fan though.....

Ashdown1

Might just be people feeling that strongly about the issue, they've decided to post?! ........................Instead of listening to half a dozen others on here just repeating their same inexcusable mantra !

torchomatic

I agree. However, some were saying this morning that all these new posters is a "put up job". Not it seems if they agree with you.

Just because you don't agree with someone it doesn't make their voice an "inexcusable mantra". But I wouldn't expect anything less from you.

Might just be people feeling that strongly about the issue, they've decided to post?! ........................Instead of listening to half a dozen others on here just repeating their same inexcusable mantra !

Delboycov

Ooh look, a new poster. I'd imagine there will be quite a few people having a go at you for your ridiculous newbie views. Though, as you agree with them, probably not.

Well I've certainly said that I believe there are insiders from both sides on here trying to sway public opinion Torchy. I think they'd soon be rumbled if anyone tried to have any dialogue with them about on pitch matters and their favourite games, players, experiences....but no they only choose to comment about the off field disputes and usually hold very extreme views one way or the other.

torchomatic

Very diplomatic. Thank you.

Well I've certainly said that I believe there are insiders from both sides on here trying to sway public opinion Torchy. I think they'd soon be rumbled if anyone tried to have any dialogue with them about on pitch matters and their favourite games, players, experiences....but no they only choose to comment about the off field disputes and usually hold very extreme views one way or the other.

DaleM