I will never support coventry city if they are not in coventry (1 Viewer)

ryb1983ccfc

I have thought for long periods about this our club is Coventry city not walsall sky blues so will everybody at sisu get the message? Probably but they won't care!

Mucca Mad Boys

Good for you, I guess this will separate the real CCFC fans from the rest.

bigfatronssba

Agree with the OP, I would actually go further than indifference to the franchise club and would be pleased to see them do badly.

Delboycov

Good for you, I guess this will separate the real CCFC fans from the rest.

No it won't...what a pathetic thing to say! I like many others support Coventry City purely because of the Coventry bit in the name. If we're moved out of the city permanantly or even long term then we'll cease to be Coventry City anymore. You can sit back smugly, safe in the knowledge that you backed the owners in their mission to destroy our club all the way. You're right though I guess, it will separate the real fans from the rest.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

You tell me, backing a joint venture company over your club isn't a good start (not directly aimed at you, just a general comment).

This is all bollocks its doing my head in I dont agree with you,you dont agree with me so I'm going to give this a rest and come back on the 16th of May hopefully something will be sorted by then

Mucca Mad Boys

No it won't...what a pathetic thing to say! I like many others support Coventry City purely because of the Coventry bit in the name. If we're moved out of the city permanantly or even long term then we'll cease to be Coventry City anymore. You can sit back smugly, safe in the knowledge that you backed the owners in their mission to destroy our club all the way. You're right though I guess, it will separate the real fans from the rest.

Do people not understand the meaning of 'temporary'? Clearly it isn't a permanent move and actually, if you look at the reaction of a possible ground share, it isn't 'I can't go because I can't get there' which would be fair enough, I probably won't get a ST because I wouldn't be able to go as often as I like, but I'd go whenever I can, but the majority of the feeling is not going purely in protest of SISU, if SISU are planning on building a new stadium whilst temporarily ground sharing with a team for 2-3 seasons, if anything, it would indicate they have a long-term plan for the club and our permitted, why would you waste that kind of money if that wasn't the case?

Supporting owners that destroyed the club? Have they been as destructive as the McGinity, Richardson regimes? I don't think so. Oh, what about the regime led by Elliott who couldn't pay transfer fees 'contractually obliged to pay' as well as being the man who brought SISU here? Yet many want him back? :thinking about:

SISU are on a mission to destroy the club? That made me chuckle, it isn't true and yet another wild conspiracy, but sadly, we have gullible supporters who'd hope on that bandwagon. Clearly they're not because if they wanted to that, they'd justice and go and not support the club financially, it's a lot quicker and cheaper to that than to bring 20 players in last season, whilst paying their wages as well as the other costs of running the club... :laughing:

I guess if you were from Wimbledon you'd be supporting MK Dons now...

Irrelevant, we're not franchising the club elsewhere, it's a temporary move, it'd be like Brighton, if anything.

Scaremongering can be effective when speaking to a gullible audience.

Get yourself some sort of badge.

I'd prefer a medal.

Last edited:

bigfatronssba

Do people not understand the meaning of 'temporary'? Clearly it isn't a permanent move and actually, if you look at the reaction of a possible ground share, it isn't 'I can't go because I can't get there' which would be fair enough, I probably won't get a ST because I wouldn't be able to go as often as I like, but I'd go whenever I can, but the majority of the feeling is not going purely in protest of SISU, if SISU are planning on building a new stadium whilst temporarily ground sharing with a team for 2-3 seasons, if anything, it would indicate they have a long-term plan for the club and our permitted, why would you waste that kind of money if that wasn't the case?

Supporting owners that destroyed the club? Have they been as destructive as the McGinity, Richardson regimes? I don't think so. Oh, what about the regime led by Elliott who couldn't pay transfer fees 'contractually obliged to pay' as well as being the man who brought SISU here? Yet many want him back? :thinking about:

SISU are on a mission to destroy the club? That made me chuckle, it isn't true and yet another wild conspiracy, but sadly, we have gullible supporters who'd hope on that bandwagon. Clearly they're not because if they wanted to that, they'd justice and go and not support the club financially, it's a lot quicker and cheaper to that than to bring 20 players in last season, whilst paying their wages as well as the other costs of running the club... :laughing:

Irrelevant, we're not franchising the club elsewhere, it's a temporary move, it'd be like Brighton, if anything.

Scaremongering can be effective when speaking to a gullible audience.

Ok, when Sisu return their football club to our City then I shall resume supporting them.

Mucca Mad Boys

Would this type of spat be the pre -curser to a two team city ,now thats a question worth asking.

With the amount of support ACL get, you could probably get an ACL FC team going, could that imagine that derby? Old Firm eat your heart out.

DaleM

There are hardly any supporters left as it is. Sisu are on a mission to make money. Nothing more, nothing less. They are a hedge fund,it's whats it's all about. They don't care where CCFC are playing as long as they can make money.Long term if they can recoup money there is no doubt about it they will. It doesnt matter about any of us supporters it's all about money.

Skybluefaz

If sisu built a new stadium for 20 million quid, they won't, but say they do. They would end up with a league 1 side if we're fortunate enough to avoid relegation, with up to 100 million pounds worth of debt. A reduced amount of medal wearing 'real' fans and so not this great cash cow you allude to. It's not a great long term plan is it really?

Mucca Mad Boys

Ok, when Sisu return their football club to our City then I shall resume supporting them.

We'll see about that, it's like the boycotters, they say it's out of principle, they just can't be bothered, if you were THAT bothered, then you would still go games to support the club and you'd vent your discontent into singing SISU out songs etc.

If people are willing to go to an away game the other side of the country, then to not go to Brum for a 'home game' is a bit OTT, you can catch a bus to Brum, about £2, or a train ticket for £5, less expensive than say getting a taxi from town to the RICOH or a nearby pub.

Mucca Mad Boys

If sisu built a new stadium for 20 million quid, they won't, but say they do. They would end up with a league 1 side if we're fortunate enough to avoid relegation, with up to 100 million pounds worth of debt. A reduced amount of medal wearing 'real' fans and so not this great cash cow you allude to. It's not a great long term plan is it really?

Well it's more sustainable than paying 1.28m p/a whilst getting no revenue from it, in essence, we've been paying around 1.3-1.8m p/a because we get no revenue (I've put a 500k approx difference because attendance were high to start with, now are low, so it's worth less than when we first moved in) from the RICOH, in the long-term anyway, which people criticise SISU most for, for not having a LT plan.

DaleM

Well it's more sustainable than paying 1.28m p/a whilst getting no revenue from it, in essence, we've been paying around 1.3-1.8m p/a because we get no revenue (I've put a 500k approx difference because attendance were high to start with, now are low, so it's worth less than when we first moved in) from the RICOH, in the long-term anyway, which people criticise SISU most for, for not having a LT plan.

They had IMO a good deal on the table,shook hands on it,then renaged on it. If said new stadium costs £20 million they could have had 50 years at the Ricoh for that. Its all bollocks.

bigfatronssba

We'll see about that, it's like the boycotters, they say it's out of principle, they just can't be bothered, if you were THAT bothered, then you would still go games to support the club and you'd vent your discontent into singing SISU out songs etc.

If people are willing to go to an away game the other side of the country, then to not go to Brum for a 'home game' is a bit OTT, you can catch a bus to Brum, about £2, or a train ticket for £5, less expensive than say getting a taxi from town to the RICOH or a nearby pub.

I would travel Lands End to John O'Groats to watch my team at an away game, but I will state now I will not watch a home game outside of this City under any circumstances.

If you don't understand the principle of why then its pointless me even trying to explain it to you.

bigfatronssba

No its not.

10k people paying £15 a ticket x23 games gives an income of £3.45m minus £1.3m rent is £2.15m

5k people (if were lucky) paying £15 a ticket x 23 games (rent free) gives an income of £1.72m

Mucca Mad Boys

There are hardly any supporters left as it is. Sisu are on a mission to make money. Nothing more, nothing less. They are a hedge fund,it's whats it's all about. They don't care where CCFC are playing as long as they can make money.Long term if they can recoup money there is no doubt about it they will. It doesnt matter about any of us supporters it's all about money.

You think PH4 wouldn't want to make profit from the club? Are you that naive? Texan (USA, land of slaves to money) property developer (do I need to explain this?) - obviously in it for the money, why do you think people invest? To make a loss? Please. Why do you think he wants to secure a 50% share in ACL before a takeover is agreed!?

I'm not hating on PH4, I hope he's legit, but don't go on about the 'Mayfair hedge fund' only wanting profit because that's exactly what PH4 is about, he'd want the land surrounding the RICOH to develop it (property developer?) to make a profit (shocker) - for the exact reasons as SISU.

English football doesn't care about the fans, why do you think they milk our money!? Bayern Munich have the cheaper adults ST (£104, that £91 cheaper than my concession ST for L1 football, and considering our form, I feel ripped off) than anyone in the football league (and a lot of non-league I bet).

EDIT: I wonder who'll answer this? Or will people conveniently ignore this.

Last edited:

Skybluefaz

To say you are paying more because you are not receiving an income is a good way of massaging the figures. We all know that we must part own /own the ricoh going forward. it's the way that Sisu went about trying to achieve that, which lost me.

Mucca Mad Boys

No its not.

10k people paying £15 a ticket x23 games gives an income of £3.45m minus £1.3m rent is £2.15m

5k people (if were lucky) paying £15 a ticket x 23 games (rent free) gives an income of £1.72m

That's short term when temporarily in whoever's stadium.

After the ground move, in our own 'south Warwickshire' stadium, we'd get about 10k if the people boycotting came back when we came back to Cov, and then, you'd have to factor in revenue made from games, at RICOH, we'd only get ticket sales, but elsewhere, and in our own stadium, we'd get revenues back.

I personally don't want to leave the RICOH, but if we move, I won't miss it.

Delboycov

You really believe that SISU have any intention of building a new stadium and with it a long term plan!!! You aren't serious are you? If there was even a chance of it happening, which I think even those that haven't been as vocal in their criticism of them have conceded is extremely unlikely, who do you think will invest in them to build it with their record in football up to now? I must admit it's been a bad day for CCFC (That's COVENTRY City Football Club btw a fact that seems to have been lost on you tonight) but you have cheered me up with your juvenile naivety tonight. Absolutely priceless!

Mucca Mad Boys

I would travel Lands End to John O'Groats to watch my team at an away game, but I will state now I will not watch a home game outside of this City under any circumstances.

If you don't understand the principle of why then its pointless me even trying to explain it to you.

It's flawed logic, if we're being forced out, what can we do!?

The past is the past, if ACL want to play sour grapes by rejecting approaches for negotiations, what can the club do!? Answer that one.

SkyBlueHomer

This has been discussed in various threads and polls before with the vast majority saying they will not attend home games outside of Coventry. Personnally I am against home games away from the Ricoh.

If we are running away with the league how many will come back, only time will tell. I do think its all talk though by SISU, I really cannot see it being organised by kickoff in August & surely we need to let the football league know where we will be playing long before this?

Mucca Mad Boys

You really believe that SISU have any intention of building a new stadium and with it a long term plan!!! You aren't serious are you? If there was even a chance of it happening, which I think even those that haven't been as vocal in their criticism of them have conceded is extremely unlikely, who do you think will invest in them to build it with their record in football up to now? I must admit it's been a bad day for CCFC (That's COVENTRY City Football Club btw a fact that seems to have been lost on you tonight) but you have cheered me up with your juvenile naivety tonight. Absolutely priceless!

So what would you do if the club is being forced out then?

Do we break into the RICOH to play our home games then!? If ACL won't renegotiate, what can be done, there is no adequate facility available in Coventry, so you'd have to go elsewhere, I guess you're conveniently missing this out... Have you just given up and are looking for a way of justifying your decision?

DaleM

You think PH4 wouldn't want to make profit from the club? Are you that naive? Texan (USA, land of slaves to money) property developer (do I need to explain this?) - obviously in it for the money, why do you think people invest? To make a loss? Please. Why do you think he wants to secure a 50% share in ACL before a takeover is agreed!?

I'm not hating on PH4, I hope he's legit, but don't go on about the 'Mayfair hedge fund' only wanting profit because that's exactly what PH4 is about, he'd want the land surrounding the RICOH to develop it (property developer?) to make a profit (shocker) - for the exact reasons as SISU.

English football doesn't care about the fans, why do you think they milk our money!? Bayern Munich have the cheaper adults ST (£104, that £91 cheaper than my concession ST for L1 football, and considering our form, I feel ripped off) than anyone in the football league (and a lot of non-league I bet).

Not naive at all. I never even mentioned PH4. I only stated a fact that they are only in if for the money . Either that or to have somewhere to channel losses from other arms of the business.I agree with you about being ripped off and only wish Sisu had bought half the ground and invested in the team and got us challenging at the top of the championship. But they never have in the six years they have been here. So we learn this week of a plan to basically defraud cov council taxpayers to obtain what they want. Worst position for 50 yrs for the team and now on about fucking off from the city . I bet come the new season we will still be at the Ricoh and next year we will have the same old shite.

Mucca Mad Boys

To say you are paying more because you are not receiving an income is a good way of massaging the figures. We all know that we must part own /own the ricoh going forward. it's the way that Sisu went about trying to achieve that, which lost me.

True, but now they approached ACL to renegotiate, but have been rejected, you can no longer portray the, as the bad guy in this, how do we know what would've happened, unprofessional behaviour from ACL and had it been the other way round, many on here would be up in arms, oh well, hypocrisy is a part of everyday life, unfortunately...

ryb1983ccfc

You are so boring now sky blue taylor you can not try to justify wat they are doing to our club anymore ! Don't ever question my commitment as a fan ! I bleed sky blue ! No I don't get to every game but I love the club through and through! Pusb!

Users who are viewing this thread