I apologise for saying Matty James flatters to deceive (2 Viewers)

Gregbant

We haven’t a lower budget than Wycombe the fee is less than we paid for walker Hamer and Godden

You may need to take that up with Robbins...

"We will have the lowest budget in the division – barring none – and I know that Wycombe have been promoted too."

Grendel

You may need to take that up with Robbins...

"We will have the lowest budget in the division – barring none – and I know that Wycombe have been promoted too."

Their wages were half ours in the last published accounts and given that actual FFP is in place on the championship then I don’t need to take it up with him - it’s clearly factually not correct

Ccfcisparks

Their wages were half ours in the last published accounts and given that actual FFP is in place on the championship then I don’t need to take it up with him - it’s clearly factually not correct
When were the last published accounts out of curiosity

Grendel

When were the last published accounts out of curiosity

A season before promotion but the point is championship clubs don’t actually have a budget it’s a different calculation so it’d not definable

Gregbant

That would be really strange for Mark Robins to get something like that wrong and quote it to the press and to specifically point out that he is aware that Wycombe have come up with us.

Grendel

That would be really strange for Mark Robins to get something like that wrong and quote it to the press and to specifically point out that he is aware that Wycombe have come up with us.

Well there is no budget in terms of wages vs income in the championship

Gregbant

Or he tried to act the pauper so nobody inflate their prices for transfers.

You really think Wycombe could have spent £1m on Tyler Walker and £1.3m on Hamer?

I just think that Mark Robins isnt the type the say we have the lowest budget in the league including wycombe unless he believed that to be true.

Sky Blue Pete

Having James,Kelly and Hamer all on at once just doesn't work. They are all defensive midfielders so start to drop deep. Kelly has always been a player who likes to drop back.

This leaves COH just running around the middle of the park with 0 suport.

When we do push the wingbacks forward COH has to play close to them and then we try and cross to the only striker in the box. This leaves us open to counter attacks.
Needed hamer to play further forward last night

Grendel

So he is talking about a different type of budget?

He has no visibility of the other 23 clubs in the championship and their ability to transact as that’s not an FFP requirement so I have no idea what he’s talking about

Gregbant

That's naive as fuck mate. Stop acting like he's Santa clause.

If he keeps us up he will be Pamela Anderson to me never mind Santa Claus.
If you think I am naive then I hate to think how you consider Chairmen of other clubs if you think they lower their asking price based on Mark Robins doing a press release that Cov have the lowest budget when they don't.

Grendel

If he keeps us up he will be Pamela Anderson to me never mind Santa Claus.
If you think I am naive then I hate to think how you consider Chairmen of other clubs if you think they lower their asking price based on Mark Robins doing a press release that Cov have the lowest budget when they don't.

How would he know a budget of any other club when it’s not public information?

Gregbant

He has no visibility of the other 23 clubs in the championship and their ability to transact as that’s not an FFP requirement so I have no idea what he’s talking about

Neither do I, so I can only really go by what he has stated although it did shock me when he said it.

Grendel

Neither do I, so I can only really go by what he has stated although it did shock me when he said it.

Well it’s nonsense

procdoc

I’d take Mark Robins comments on the budget over a couple of people that know fuck all about it to be honest

Mucca Mad Boys

I agree. Start of the season I felt we might make lower mid table, a Wycombe mate agreed, City will be fine. A Luton mate laughed and said ‘you’re in for a shock’ !*

Out defence, so strong last year, looks a shambles in the championship. It’s been a massive step up and many of the squad haven’t played at this level before. It’s just a far more clinical league but if we can stay up, with a handful of signings, we’ll hopefully be a far better placed next year (Ohare, Hamer, Dabo, Walker etc all good young players with a year of championship experience under their belts)

Back to James, in the right formation I think he’s a very good player but although he’s calm in possession he struggles to stand out in a dogfight. Would consider signing if we stay up and wages work though

*a weird array of lower league football fans as mates through work/old Uni (a few Blues which is making life interesting at the moment)

I do think had Godden and Walker been fit for most of this season, we would be in a better position.

The fact we’re we’ve got the leeway we have without our first 2 strikers for most of this season, is something positive for us.

Biamou is a striker who will not get more than 6 goals in a season in the championship and we’ve had to rely on him this season.

Grendel

I’d take Mark Robins comments on the budget over a couple of people that know fuck all about it to be honest

Can you explain how he knows budgets from the other clubs?

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

If the budget is so tight then you need to be ruthless with the players you sign.

DaCosta
Jobello
Kastaneer
Hillsner
Walker
Scottish left back

Etc

Mostly sick notes. It isn't good enough.

Criticise the recruitment all you like but the use of “sick note” really pisses me off. It’s insinuation is that they’re not bothered their injured/ill and are happy to just be taking money out the club. JJ’s plight and discussion on mental health with injuries should show you the damage it does and that these “sick notes” are probably mostly desperate to be playing regular football

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Criticise the recruitment all you like but the use of “sick note” really pisses me off. It’s insinuation is that they’re not bothered their injured/ill and are happy to just be taking money out the club. JJ’s plight and discussion on mental health with injuries should show you the damage it does and that these “sick notes” are probably mostly desperate to be playing regular football

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You've drawn up a target there which isn't really anything to do with my post. For the record I have regularly voiced my pride in the club for standing by players like JJ.

That doesn't take away from the fact that a hell of a lot of our signings within the last 18 months have struggled with injury problems.

cov donkey kick

Often wondered how you pre guess how often a player is going to be injured? The awnser is I think you can't. Maybe city need to look at pre season training, everyday training set ups, how else can any club do it. Fixture wise this season has been a lot heavier in a shorter season.

Grendel

Can you explain how you would know better than him?

Because I know the rules of the championship fair play which is different to league 1 - he’s said something that’s not factually accurate

Users who are viewing this thread