Hyam (1 Viewer)

Londonccfcfan

‘Matty Godden, Kyle McFadzean, Josh Pask, Jamie Allen, Jordan Shipley, Jodi Jones and Wesley Jobello also see their current contracts expiring in June 2022.’

Who would you give new deals too? (Assuming we don’t go up or down)
Godden, Allen and Mcfadz.

Ruthlessly no to
Jones, Shipley, Pask.

Jobbello needs his contract terminating ASAP if at all possible pay him 3 months severance to become a free agent. Free up wages for January.

shmmeee

Godden, Allen and Mcfadz.

Ruthlessly no to
Jones, Shipley, Pask.

Jobbello needs his contract terminating ASAP if at all possible pay him 3 months severance to become a free agent. Free up wages for January.

I think currently as we’ve got Walker who we spent a lot on and is younger with another year on his deal I’d let Godden go and bring in another fourth striker. Obviously if one is available. Long way to go though and he might well force his way into the team. Godden is such a natural finisher but his all round game doesn’t add as much as I’d want. Same for Walker TBF.

Londonccfcfan

I think currently as we’ve got Walker who we spent a lot on and is younger with another year on his deal I’d let Godden go and bring in another fourth striker. Obviously if one is available. Long way to go though and he might well force his way into the team. Godden is such a natural finisher but his all round game doesn’t add as much as I’d want. Same for Walker TBF.
Its a 2 way conversation, Godden may not ask for to much to be 3rd 4th choice here, may even take a wage freeze to stay at a club on the up.

Or he may want to leave and be No 1 somewhere else.

shmmeee

Its a 2 way conversation, Godden may not ask for to much to be 3rd 4th choice here, may even take a wage freeze to stay at a club on the up.

I think he’d do very well in L1 or at a Champ club that suits his style. And I’d be happy to have him on the bench as he’s always got a goal in him. Close season Id like to see us get someone in who can do the Györkeres role though, at the minute we’re quite lightweight up front if we lose him.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

‘Matty Godden, Kyle McFadzean, Josh Pask, Jamie Allen, Jordan Shipley, Jodi Jones and Wesley Jobello also see their current contracts expiring in June 2022.’

Hyam - 2 years. Has kept on improving and just gets on with the job. Even if we end up managing to upgrade he'd be a great squad option.

Fadz - 1 year. Has been immense as part of our defence and he's definitely earned another year, but he is getting on and you've got to consider if a younger replacement becomes available should we look long term? Would look to consider getting him involved in the coaching set-up.

Godden. Now over 30 and has had injury problems. Currently third choice but a good finisher. If we gave him another contract I think we'd have to consider trying to offload Walker. Also have Cashman and Tavares looking to step up. 1 year at most.

Allen - I honestly didn't think he was good enough for this level but the last few weeks he has proved me very wrong. Stepped up magnificently and I'd consider giving him another two years on current form.

Pask - I really want it to work out for him here but it's just not happened for various reasons including injury, so it's probably best for him to find somewhere he can play regularly.

Jones - hasn't featured at all and we don't play a formation with his natural position. Would like to see him first of all as a CAM in U23's and hopefully a chance off the bench at some point but right now, no.

Shipley - he doesn't seem to have the fitness to last a whole game and this league has been a struggle for him. Deserves a spot at a L1 club.

Jobello - don't play a formation that suits him and doubt he could make a difference at this level. He didn't exactly pull up trees in L1.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

If I remember rightly he joined us from Peterborough because he'd slipped down the pecking order. I think he wants to be on the pitch and would rather be a first choice elsewhere than a backup here.

Londonccfcfan

Hyam - 2 years. Has kept on improving and just gets on with the job. Even if we end up managing to upgrade he'd be a great squad option.

Fadz - 1 year. Has been immense as part of our defence and he's definitely earned another year, but he is getting on and you've got to consider if a younger replacement becomes available should we look long term? Would look to consider getting him involved in the coaching set-up.

Godden. Now over 30 and has had injury problems. Currently third choice but a good finisher. If we gave him another contract I think we'd have to consider trying to offload Walker. Also have Cashman and Tavares looking to step up. 1 year at most.

Allen - I honestly didn't think he was good enough for this level but the last few weeks he has proved me very wrong. Stepped up magnificently and I'd consider giving him another two years on current form.

Pask - I really want it to work out for him here but it's just not happened for various reasons including injury, so it's probably best for him to find somewhere he can play regularly.

Jones - hasn't featured at all and we don't play a formation with his natural position. Would like to see him first of all as a CAM in U23's and hopefully a chance off the bench at some point but right now, no.

Shipley - he doesn't seem to have the fitness to last a whole game and this league has been a struggle for him. Deserves a spot at a L1 club.

Jobello - don't play a formation that suits him and doubt he could make a difference at this level. He didn't exactly pull up trees in L1.

Agree with all of that.

mark82

Who do we have out of contract at the end of next season? Guessing Hamer, O'Hare. Anyone else? 2 there that we should be looking to extend sooner rather than later if we can.

Sky Blue Pete

Who do we have out of contract at the end of next season? Guessing Hamer, O'Hare. Anyone else? 2 there that we should be looking to extend sooner rather than later if we can.
Story in local press saying we are looking to extend both of them

steve101

I would like to see how Jodi Jones is going to fit in. He has been on the bench so he must be looking good in training. I wouldn't be surprised if he featured against Peterborough, maybe with O'Hare having a rest.
I would give a new contract to Allen, Godden, Hyam and Fadz.

Frostie

His interview certainly hinted heavily that way.

“At the moment we have to go to January and get as many points as we can, and then we will see what’s going to happen,” he said, “but I think I will be here the whole season. That will be really good for me.”

Ccfcisparks

“At the moment we have to go to January and get as many points as we can, and then we will see what’s going to happen,” he said, “but I think I will be here the whole season. That will be really good for me.”
I think we will cash in in the summer

KersleyDigs

He also said 'I want to play higher after Coventry...'

PUSB-We_are_going_up

I would say renew Godden, if we can get money back or more on Walker then cash in and sign a quick striker to pair with Gyo

larry_david

And Hyam’s form is not lost on McFadzean, who said: “I have always liked Dom as a player. When we played against Coventry when I was at Burton I said to him after the game, ‘You’re a good player you, son,’ and ever since then he’s got better and better.

“He’s a good player is Dom and got everything to be a top player, and obviously hopefully he stays here and becomes a legend here.

fernandopartridge

And Hyam’s form is not lost on McFadzean, who said: “I have always liked Dom as a player. When we played against Coventry when I was at Burton I said to him after the game, ‘You’re a good player you, son,’ and ever since then he’s got better and better.

“He’s a good player is Dom and got everything to be a top player, and obviously hopefully he stays here and becomes a legend here.

Hyam calls him Dad and everything now

slowpoke

He’s at an age where he will want first team football.

Users who are viewing this thread