Hyam (2 Viewers)

SAJ

I know I’m going to get pelters here but I disagree. He plays people on loads and his use of the ball is awful. He’s very good at getting his head to it but I want more from a Championship CB.

SAJ

I know I’m going to get pelters here but I disagree. He plays people on loads and his use of the ball is awful. He’s very good at getting his head to it but I want more from a Championship CB.
You really do talk some shit at times. Stats for today most passes in the match. Stats for season 74% other centre backs no better. If your going to make a statement at least try and make it factual.

Another great performance from him tonight. There are quite a few times when Mcfadzean is urging the defence to push up, only for Hyam to drop deeper. Does his job well nonetheless

shmmeee

His stats post interesting tho?

Not really. My entire point is about his use of the ball, not how successful he is with it when he does pass it. Would be interested to see progressive passes, but even then not sure it would capture what I’m on about. Not sure there’s a stat that does but @Frostie might have thoughts.

covcity4life

Not really. My entire point is about his use of the ball, not how successful he is with it when he does pass it. Would be interested to see progressive passes, but even then not sure it would capture what I’m on about. Not sure there’s a stat that does but @Frostie might have thoughts.

You are dangerously close to earlsdon sky blue levels of not rating quality players

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

I thought he was immense tonight. Probably my MOTM although can’t argue with Gyo. Missed saturdays game but heard he was good. That said he’s had a hand in goals conceded against Forest, Barnsley & QPR. When he’s good he’s very good, but he’s got a fair few mistakes in him. Seems to be a divide between those who want fault him and then those who won’t credit him when he’s been superb, like tonight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shmmeee

You are dangerously close to earlsdon sky blue levels of not rating quality players

Yeah but you’re a stopped clock, everyone is awesome no matter what. It’s not even an opinion just a default setting. At least when I praise a player (like I did Hyam last game FYI) it actually means something.

covcity4life

Yeah but you’re a stopped clock, everyone is awesome no matter what. It’s not even an opinion just a default setting. At least when I praise a player (like I did Hyam last game FYI) it actually means something.
We have been promoted twice and followed each season with a great consolidation year

Too fucking right most bloody things are awesome for crying out loud

Enjoy it whilst you can

Frostie

I haven't checked the progressive pass stats this season (still a bit early to get a really true picture imo) but you are right in that last season he was certainly less progressive than the likes of Fadz who played the most progressive passes of any CB in the Championship.

Fwiw, I think your criticisms of Hyam are actually pretty reasonable, he does have faults in his game & I thought he had a tough time of it last season. I think he stepped up well at the end though & he looks infinitely more accomplished now he's on his more favoured side too. It's one of the main reasons I was a big fan of the JCS deal.

Full credit to Hyam though, he's rightly keeping Rose out on merit, I thought he was exceptional tonight & his use of the ball was generally very good.

Johhny Blue

Called Moore one of our best signings earlier, sorry.

Its not one misplaced pass, twice first half he played an attacker on the other side of the pitch on, something he does a lot and has cost us a goal this season. And his general control and use of the ball is way below the other two CBs. Compare the balls Dabo gets to what Maatsen gets from JCS: night and day.

I’m not saying he’s shit, I’m saying he’s the weakest of the three on the ball. He one of the best for getting his head on things he has no right to and he works hard. I just think he lacks concentration and quality sometimes.

We’re a championship side that plays out from the back, just being a decent defender isn’t enough if we’re going to move to the next level.
Time to give up. You’re starting to sound a little desperate

Mucca Mad Boys

There’s literally a thread every week saying he’s the next Baresi…

He’s the natural successor to McFadz at this point. In fact, he generally wins more aerial duals than him too.

Really surprised at how good our defence has been despite it being a concern going into Day 1.

shmmeee

He’s the natural successor to McFadz at this point. In fact, he generally wins more aerial duals than him too.

Really surprised at how good our defence has been despite it being a concern going into Day 1.

So much more to Fadz’s game than just winning headers. His leadership and long passing are what we’ll miss most when he finally gives up the ghost (which I hope will be some way off).

Mucca Mad Boys

Your fucking off your rocker.

@shmmeee is guilty of the Arteta selection method for centre backs. The priority for the centre backs is not how they use the ball.

If anyone has watched the last two games - I think it’s fair to say Hyam’s distribution is better than the 6 CBs we’ve faced.

Mucca Mad Boys

So much more to Fadz’s game than just winning headers. His leadership and long passing are what we’ll miss most when he finally gives up the ghost (which I hope will be some way off).

Funny to hear you mention McFadz’s leadership when in preseason you said something along the lines of it being the mindset of a minnow team.

I do agree McFadz is a great leader and this is important. Hyam is clearly respected within the Group because Robins has made him captain a couple of times in the past, iirc.

Briles

Tbf if you struggle to articulate what you're on about its probably because its bollocks and you're playing devil's advocate for the sake of it

shmmeee

That new keeper is shit as well but then I said no after he turned out good

Someone’s has a beer 😂

People only allowed one opinion regardless of all evidence provided. And that opinion must be that all our players are world class every game and can’t improve in any way.

Someone sack Robins because we should be Premier League by now with the talent he’s got at his disposal 🤣

hill83

Someone’s has a beer 😂

People only allowed one opinion regardless of all evidence provided. And that opinion must be that all our players are world class every game and can’t improve in any way.

Someone sack Robins because we should be Premier League by now with the talent he’s got at his disposal 🤣

No beers.

You were windmilling for about 3 weeks with absolutely no evidence. And then tried to get out of it. Your opinion now means absolutely nothing unfortunately. Sorry.

And history is now repeating itself.

shmmeee

No beers.

You were windmilling for about 3 weeks with absolutely no evidence. And then tried to get out of it. Your opinion now means absolutely nothing unfortunately. Sorry.

And history is now repeating itself.

In that case you’ve gone down in my estimation. Thought you were a sensible poster.

I said Moore was a gamble because he hadn’t played for years and hadn’t shone at this level before. That was it, check the posts.

I said Hyam while he works hard and gets his head on everything also loses concentration and it’s cost us a goal and several chances and that if we’re going to move to the next level (top six side) we need better.

If you want to pretend I’ve said shit I haven’t then crack on. I’m used to it on this board, it ain’t me windmilling.

Skybluecov1

What you got to remember is we got him when we were in league 2. He has come on leaps and bounds since then. He reminds me of what scott Dan was for us when we had him for 18 months.

Reactions: vow

hill83

In that case you’ve gone down in my estimation. Thought you were a sensible poster.

I said Moore was a gamble because he hadn’t played for years and hadn’t shone at this level before. That was it, check the posts.

I said Hyam while he works hard and gets his head on everything also loses concentration and it’s cost us a goal and several chances and that if we’re going to move to the next level (top six side) we need better.

If you want to pretend I’ve said shit I haven’t then crack on. I’m used to it on this board, it ain’t me windmilling.

I’m not pretending anything mate. Paragraph after paragraph about Moore, with suitable scenarios to fit the argument.

For balance though, I didn’t rate Hyam myself a couple of years ago.

Londonccfcfan

I haven't checked the progressive pass stats this season (still a bit early to get a really true picture imo) but you are right in that last season he was certainly less progressive than the likes of Fadz who played the most progressive passes of any CB in the Championship.

Fwiw, I think your criticisms of Hyam are actually pretty reasonable, he does have faults in his game & I thought he had a tough time of it last season. I think he stepped up well at the end though & he looks infinitely more accomplished now he's on his more favoured side too. It's one of the main reasons I was a big fan of the JCS deal.

Full credit to Hyam though, he's rightly keeping Rose out on merit, I thought he was exceptional tonight & his use of the ball was generally very good.

Robins has always picked Hyam ahead of Rose. Fully justified. No comparison as defenders imo.

Hyam has upped his game to next level.

vow

Fair play for having opinions m8 but once you've expressed them and ultimately got it wrong imo.
Either do a 'frozen' and let it go or admit it?

Sometimes I feel you try to hard and keep banging on about said opinion. Relax as you're a decent poster generally.

Genuinely not just trying to pick on you. ❤️

PVA

Nope sorry but the stats disagree with you, he is the best user of the ball in just about every category.

You said Fadz's long passing is great, well Hyam's is better. You said he doesn't make enough progressive passes... well he makes more forward passes and significantly more passes in opponent's half.

hyam.png

Users who are viewing this thread