Hyam (2 Viewers)

stay_up_skyblues

Nope sorry but the stats disagree with you, he is the best user of the ball in just about every category.

You said Fadz's long passing is great, well Hyam's is better. You said he doesn't make enough progressive passes... well he makes more forward passes and significantly more passes in opponent's half.

View attachment 21811

Not good enough for a top six side.

Currently an integral part of a top six side.

hill83

Didn’t even read the thread before I piled in.
Didn’t even need to comment ha ha

covboy9

A lot of people were giving him stick even a week ago!

He can’t be far away from an international call up a brilliant pro

fatso

He played well last night, and we've just kept 2 clean sheets against 2 of the most physical teams in the division, all in all the defence looks far more secure than it did this time last year.
Moore has had a huge impact, Hyam gets better every season, JCS adds balance, and Fadz is just incredible.

I think the improvement up front has also helped our defence as teams are wary of pushing too far forward against us now, as we have the ability to counter so well (as in the goal last night)
All in all it's been great work by MR and all the staff !

skyblu3sk

It's a really weird one for me, I think he's a brilliant defender but sometimes find myself wanting him to play the ball a bit quicker or harder to get us going but looking at the stats I may be being too critical...

djr8369

Not really. My entire point is about his use of the ball, not how successful he is with it when he does pass it. Would be interested to see progressive passes, but even then not sure it would capture what I’m on about. Not sure there’s a stat that does but @Frostie might have thoughts.
What do you want him to do with the ball exactly if not pass it to a team mate?

skyblu3sk

Actually is there any stat that talks about creative passes. Are Fadz and CS missing passes as they are hitting them early to try and create opportunities?

Skybluefaz

He's a good player who has shown the ability to grow into every level he's played at so far. For me he's far better than Rose. Not as important to the team as Fadz.

fernandopartridge

He was excellent last night, probably one of his best performances for us. He isn't a standout player but a very solid centre back at this level, especially given he was signed as a back up player in the fourth tier.

That said, Cardiff are the sort of team that our back 3 like to play against, they didn't try to get in behind too much and that's where Hyam and the others can get exposed.

Legia Sky Blue

Currently joint best defense record in the league with West Brom.

Think back a year when we were conceding goals like confetti, and our defence was seen as weak and naive. Considering McFadzean and Hyam are still very much part of the defence the turn around is fantastic, while that year's Championship season experience seems to have given the whole team a confidence that was clearly not there last season, despite following a successful promotion year.

procdoc

Called Moore one of our best signings earlier, sorry.

Its not one misplaced pass, twice first half he played an attacker on the other side of the pitch on, something he does a lot and has cost us a goal this season. And his general control and use of the ball is way below the other two CBs. Compare the balls Dabo gets to what Maatsen gets from JCS: night and day.

I’m not saying he’s shit, I’m saying he’s the weakest of the three on the ball. He one of the best for getting his head on things he has no right to and he works hard. I just think he lacks concentration and quality sometimes.

We’re a championship side that plays out from the back, just being a decent defender isn’t enough if we’re going to move to the next level.
You don’t half talk shit, clown

Evo1883

Someone’s has a beer 😂

People only allowed one opinion regardless of all evidence provided. And that opinion must be that all our players are world class every game and can’t improve in any way.

Someone sack Robins because we should be Premier League by now with the talent he’s got at his disposal 🤣
To be fair , you got annoyed with me because I dont think maatson is world class every game
giphy.gif

Ccfcfollower

Think you’re spot on with the new coach, defence seems more confident and cohesive. They’ve stopped the silly mistakes and when they get in trouble they don’t mind finding touch.

Londonccfcfan

Nope sorry but the stats disagree with you, he is the best user of the ball in just about every category.

You said Fadz's long passing is great, well Hyam's is better. You said he doesn't make enough progressive passes... well he makes more forward passes and significantly more passes in opponent's half.

View attachment 21811

Think I been saying it for a while now. So under rated it's ridiculous.

He is practically one of our own. MR and AV what a job they done on him in 4 years.

Londonccfcfan

Don’t you think that’s throughout the squad even McFadz seems to have gone up a gear, got a new first team coach haven’t we, looks to be making a difference.

There was a equal start 50/50 race for the ball vs a Boro striker/player...was a 10/15 yard sprint. I was fearing the worst but he won it comfortably.

slowpoke

Think you’re spot on the new coach, defence seems more confident and cohesive. They’ve stopped the silly mistakes and when they get in trouble they don’t mind finding touch.
Also and I hope I don’t regret saying this we are not picking up niggly injuries like last season being fitter helps.

shmmeee

I’m not pretending anything mate. Paragraph after paragraph about Moore, with suitable scenarios to fit the argument.

For balance though, I didn’t rate Hyam myself a couple of years ago.

Yeah but that’s because I can’t resist bait and every time I said “I think it’s a gamble because he hasn’t played” I’d have five people claiming I’m mental. Then before you know it half the thread is me defending what I thought were basic points and I look mental.

Like this thread.

And all the old Sisu threads.

I try to recognise it and just bail out now.

To be clear: I like Hyam, I just want even better and there’s times he frustrates me on the ball/positionally, but I’m prepared to accept I’m remembering those times more because of my existing view.

hill83

Yeah but that’s because I can’t resist bait and every time I said “I think it’s a gamble because he hasn’t played” I’d have five people claiming I’m mental. Then before you know it half the thread is me defending what I thought were basic points and I look mental.

Like this thread.

And all the old Sisu threads.

I try to recognise it and just bail out now.

To be clear: I like Hyam, I just want even better and there’s times he frustrates me on the ball/positionally, but I’m prepared to accept I’m remembering those times more because of my existing view.

I know exactly what you mean to be fair.

Offhegoes

He's looked a far better player playing in the right hand side of the back 3. A better defender than Rose, but not as quick, and Rose can pick a pass, so it's a good battle between those 2. I do fear if we have any injuries to the back 3 though, as Rose seems to be the only cover. Drysdale is probably not ready, Pask has been told he can leave, and Burroughs is a rookie. Clarke-Salter seems to be injury prone too.

Bugsy

SleepyGinger

‘Matty Godden, Kyle McFadzean, Josh Pask, Jamie Allen, Jordan Shipley, Jodi Jones and Wesley Jobello also see their current contracts expiring in June 2022.’

Who would you give new deals too? (Assuming we don’t go up or down)

Bugsy

Plus potential new deals for the ones on longer contracts. O’Hare and Hamer etc.

this is a must as there adding value to their name as the season goes on...PUSB

shmmeee

‘Matty Godden, Kyle McFadzean, Josh Pask, Jamie Allen, Jordan Shipley, Jodi Jones and Wesley Jobello also see their current contracts expiring in June 2022.’

Who would you give new deals too? (Assuming we don’t go up or down)

Probably none of them other than Fadz right now. If Allen keeps up his current form another month or two then him. Rest only if they break into the side this season.

Dabo must be in that group with O’Hare and Hamer for next season mustn’t he? That’s a key group to sort out for me, all signed since we came up.

Users who are viewing this thread