'Hunger strike' threatened by Cov fan (1 Viewer)

lifelongcityfan

All
I have only met this guy once, and that was at the Ryton Forum

The guy loves the club and unfortunately, has health issues ( not mental) and stated he may not live 3 years to see the ground.

CUT HIM SOME SLACK

sw88

Chief Commentator!
All

The guy loves the club and unfortunately, has health issues ( not mental) and stated he may not live 3 years to see the ground.

CUT HIM SOME SLACK

But a hunger strike? Really? SISU have debts of £70m+. I'm almost certain they will not be interested or feel threatened into action by this lonesome threat.

No one doubts he has the club at heart. It's repeated several time in the article ;)

henry the wasp

All

CUT HIM SOME SLACK

Nobody knows how long they are going to live. The fella quite clearly has mental health issues due to the amount of times he has made himself look a complete tit. No need for the telegraph to run that story at this time.

Otis

But if he's only got 3 years to live you'd think the last thing he'd be doing would be going on hunger strike wouldn't you? :confused:

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Nobody knows how long they are going to live. The fella quite clearly has mental health issues due to the amount of times he has made himself look a complete tit. No need for the telegraph to run that story at this time.

I don't agree with comments / assumptions on someone's mental health, but I do agree with the final sentence. CET have been very insensitive running a silly story of this nature with what has happened more recently with the little lad from Cov!

henry the wasp

I don't agree with comments / assumptions on someone's mental health, but I do agree with the final sentence. CET have been very insensitive running a silly story of this nature with what has happened more recently with the little lad from Cov!

Fair enough, maybe i was harsh. The guy has cried on the radio and now threatened to go on a hunger strike. Lets just say his mental state is fragile.

cloughie

Ithe best way think to 'protest' is to get to the game stand up and chant, it'll do more good than not going at all. I note that neither measure will be effective.

At the very least, I'd expect there to be organised protests for every home game, but the boycotters stay outside the ground or something, but staying at home will do more damage than good.

This gut sounds like an idiot, not going to lie, needs to stop begging attention.

That will be as effective to hardnosed sisu, as going on a diet for 24 hours every other week, as TF said it makes no difference what we think, sisu are the legal owners of the club ( paraphrased
),
THE ONLY THING SISU LISTEN TO IS THE £ NO GO, NO £ S

TF talks of short term pain ie moving away for long term gain regarding a new stadium ( that is for sisu not CCFC ) but Fans have to do the same short term pain for long term gain

Tonylinc

For Gods sake lads, Nigel is a regular caller to CWR and is a true fan. Yes, his protest might seem futile and insignificant BUT he is doing something. Let us not slate him for that!

torchomatic

I always thought wagon wheels tasted like soap. I liked the ones with jam in though.

James Smith

I always thought wagon wheels tasted like soap. I liked the ones with jam in though.
Soap? Used to be almost addicted to them at one point then I spotted how much fat they had and stopped fairly soon after that.

Mucca Mad Boys

That will be as effective to hardnosed sisu, as going on a diet for 24 hours every other week, as TF said it makes no difference what we think, sisu are the legal owners of the club ( paraphrased
),

TF talks of short term pain ie moving away for long term gain regarding a new stadium ( that is for sisu not CCFC ) but Fans have to do the same short term pain for long term gain

Did you not read the part where I said 'neither would be effective'? Just one is better than the other because this petty 'Not One Penny More' boycott will only have a detrimental effect on the squad and at worst, it could force SISU to liquidate the club.

Colin1883

Did you not read the part where I said 'neither would be effective'? Just one is better than the other because this petty 'Not One Penny More' boycott will only have a detrimental effect on the squad and at worst, it could force SISU to liquidate the club.

Without the threat to move, there would be no nopm campaign

wingy

And when we finally meet that point It will be down to you and 3000 others to express your Disgust.

ajsccfc

For Gods sake lads, Nigel is a regular caller to CWR and is a true fan. Yes, his protest might seem futile and insignificant BUT he is doing something. Let us not slate him for that!

So what is the exact level of support that allows someone telling a paper they won't eat food on 23 days to be mocked?

Grendel

So what is the exact level of support that allows someone telling a paper they won't eat food on 23 days to be mocked?

This is some sort of joke right? The guy is getting done publicity on a quiete newsday but he could fill his face with Big Macs in match days and no one would know.

Is this the guy on the radio? If it is I'm pretty certain on one Cwr show 2 or 3 years ago he said flatten the Ricoh and build a new stadium.

Doing something? It's like saying you did your bit to unite east and west Germany by refusing to eat tinned frankfurters from Berlin. It's pitiful.

cloughie

If neither would be as you said 'neither would be effective' why advocate one of them

Did you not understand short term pain long term gain for the good of CCFC not sisu ?

Mucca Mad Boys

If neither would be as you said 'neither would be effective' why advocate one of them

Did you not understand short term pain long term gain for the good of CCFC not sisu ?

I said it's better voice your protest than effectively silence yourself by not going.

Noggin

it would not force sisu to liquidate, it might force them to sell and since it appears we have a couple of viable options there thats a good scenario. why would sisu liquidate and get nothing when they could sell and get something?

The simply fact of the matter is going to the ground and chanting against them actually helps them, not one penny more will make a difference if done by enough people.

I'm sure he did read the part where you said 'neither would be effective'? but you saying it doesn't make it fact, quite the opposite from my experience.

Otis

He is doing something.

This is why last night I snuck into Tim Fisher's office and bent all his paper clips at 90 degrees.

That'll show em.

djpalms23

Nigel is going to be fucking starving if we end with home draws in the cups or midweek games at home after a saturday match at home ... bet he didnt think that one through. need more than a salad big lad espicially if we have a cup run.

Moff

He is doing something.

This is why last night I snuck into Tim Fisher's office and bent all his paper clips at 90 degrees.

That'll show em.

I left a drawing pin on his chair.......still it may struggle to get through the flab....perhaps Tim should go on hunger strike with Nigel

wingy

I left a drawing pin on his chair.......still it may struggle to get through the flab....perhaps Tim should go on hunger strike with Nigel
Have you seen him lately,,,,,,,,,lost a lot of weight ,people will see at the forums.

ajsccfc

That plan gets a bit complicated if we have any home games scheduled on a Monday, mind you.

happy_mondays__1990.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread