Match Thread Hull city (H) 16/3/22 (1 Viewer)

Brighton Sky Blue

I think getting in the ref’s ear about O’Hare being hacked and the timewasting is important.

Midfielders are better captains. Refs usually hang around the middle and there’s no point a striker jogging around the middle pecking the ref’s head.

Godden certainly didn’t look like captain material tonight. Would have given it to Hyam before kick off but he played his worst game in a long time.

Sky Blue Harry H

Well, I’d have given it!

Or not. In terms of the season I’m satisfied that we’ve lost the chance to make the playoffs now.

Boooo (even though you're probably right) Has Mrs Dactyl been in your ear, full of Cardiff's 3 points ?!

stupot07

Very hard not to think of this season as anything other than a huge wasted opportunity. That now looks set to be taken by someone else unfancied at the start.
It is, Hamer, O'Hare and Gyokeres will be gone in the summer, and we will likely struggle next season, just like Barnsley.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

SBT

I think getting in the ref’s ear about O’Hare being hacked and the timewasting is important.

Midfielders are better captains. Refs usually hang around the middle and there’s no point a striker jogging around the middle pecking the ref’s head.

This is all just more Sunday League cliche stuff

Robins may as well send them out there with a team talk of “Let them know you’re there with your first tackle……and don’t let it bounce”

Marty

Fully expect Saturdays game to be called off cos half our team have covid. Only excuse for that performance.

Makes you question why we didn't ask for it to be off this evening. All first team coaches out, plenty of players unavailable.

skyblue1991

Hull don’t score goals and we contrived to make them look like a free scoring side

we obsess with 3 at the back even when we don’t have 3 centre halves. It was even more bizarre in the second half - they packed midfield abs strolled through the game

We concede first so many times you are never getting away with it all the time

Dire performance
Did you think the ball crossed the line? (not that it matters because you said we were dire!)

SlowerThanPlatt

Can’t be arsed myself but any Stato out there work out how many points we have from midweek games? I would be genuinely shocked if it’s double figures

Blackpool (A) - W
Cardiff (H) - W
Peterborough (H) - W
Luton (A) - L
Preston (A) - L
Swansea (H) - L
Birmingham (H) - D
Millwall (H) - L
Stoke (H) - W
Blackpool (H) - D
Cardiff (A) - L
Bristol City (A) - W
Luton (H) - L
Hull (H) - L

Aside from the start of the season, not very well

TwistAndShoutCCFC1987

Blackpool (A) - W
Cardiff (H) - W
Peterborough (H) - W
Luton (A) - L
Preston (A) - L
Swansea (H) - L
Birmingham (H) - D
Millwall (H) - L
Stoke (H) - W
Blackpool (H) - D
Cardiff (A) - L
Bristol City (A) - W
Luton (H) - L
Hull (H) - L

Aside from the start of the season, not very well
I wouldn’t class peterborough as midweek

Frostie

Hull don’t score goals and we contrived to make them look like a free scoring side

we obsess with 3 at the back even when we don’t have 3 centre halves. It was even more bizarre in the second half - they packed midfield abs strolled through the game

We concede first so many times you are never getting away with it all the time

Dire performance

I am the biggest advocate of the 3 at the back for us, it suits our personnel & style of play perfectly & I really don't think we could be as successful with a back 4. However, second half tonight was the one time I really would have tried it.
As you say they completely stifled us &, despite the usual desperate clamour for throwing Tavares on, the only way to change that would have been a change in tactic.

baldy

Makes you question why we didn't ask for it to be off this evening. All first team coaches out, plenty of players unavailable.

Because it’s not the height of the pandemic anymore & there‘s enough players to call upon? (Albeit Sheaf in defence)

Adge

Genuinely don’t think half of these Hamer fouls are fouls. @Adge am I wrong? Is a hip barge different to a shoulder barge?
“Impeding an opponent” which Hamer was guilty of an a few occasions and because of the number of fouls the caution (yellow card) was inevitable. Rightly taken off before he was cautioned again.

shmmeee

“Impeding an opponent” which Hamer was guilty of an a few occasions and because of the number of fouls the caution (yellow card) was inevitable. Rightly taken off before he was cautioned again.

Not arguing about the yellow, more the thing Hamer does a lot where he barges a player off the ball, it was my understanding that was allowed.

If the rule isimpeding an opponent then shepherding the ball is against the rules surely?

Basically I don’t think he’s being reckless and according to this from the laws that’s allowed?

32DED6CD-140B-4411-A175-FA12256BF81F.jpeg

Last edited:

Cov kid 55

Time wasting is becoming a joke now. Would live a ref to give 2 yellows and send a player off particularly a keeper, as well as add on a correct amount of time like 10 mins. It would stop it within 2 weeks
The time wasting in the Championship is appalling, and worse than in the Premier League. I watched the last 20 minutes of Arsenal/Liverpool, 2-0 to the away side, as in our game, and Liverpool got on with the game far quicker than Hull did. Having said that, we got what we deserved tonight, through our own ineptitude.

Adge

Not arguing about the yellow, more the thing Hamer does a lot where he barges a player off the ball, it was my understanding that was allowed.

If the rule isimpeding an opponent then shepherding the ball is against the rules surely?

Basically I don’t think he’s being reckless and according to this from the laws that’s allowed?

View attachment 24179
It depends-no problem with players etc showing strength-as per Hamer, but too much strength constitutes a foul and is an unfair way of getting the ball.

The Philosopher

Yes because we were so successful in the Championship with hard man Michael Doyle in the team
Sassy comments like that; you’re either a 13 year old (in which case it’s understandable) or not. I’m not sure, but I did previously think you more mature. I was wrong. Apologies.

Can’t blame a 22 year old Doyle that we had legends such as Kevin Kyle in the team but if you see that our mediocre league finishes were all down to him, then I disagree.

We lacked leadership tonight. Fadz gives a bit of that in marshalling the defence. That was absent. We need, to my mind, someone to be a midfield standard bearer.

We went to shit tonight in terms of cohesion, in my opinion. Godden as captain was a strange choice but looking around the team, who else? That’s the point.

Doyle did better for us, in relative terms, in his last spell with us. His guile and experience was vital in getting us out of L2. Younger players, it seems, looked up to him. At 22-25 (or whatever) in his first spell he didn’t have the gravitas that 500+ games and several promotion campaigns affords.

Users who are viewing this thread