Match Thread Hull city (H) 16/3/22 (4 Viewers)

CCFCSteve

Very hard not to think of this season as anything other than a huge wasted opportunity. That now looks set to be taken by someone else unfancied at the start.

Bit harsh. We’ve made good progress and they’ve given us some great games, just lacking that bit of quality/consistency.

SBT

Wasn’t goal-line technology cited as one of the “unforeseen costs” that meant Robins didn’t see any of the extra season ticket revenue?

If so, not only does it mean it probably wasn’t a goal, it also means that our fucking season tickets paid for it not to be one.

skyblue1991

Either way it was a crap performance and could've lost by a few more

We need to learn to change our game depending how the opposition set up. Too easy to defend against

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

no_loyalty

A very disappointing performance, our passing tonight was dreadful.

Paul Anthony

Leaving aside the "goal" and the awful ref (once again. We do get 'em.)

That was absolutely awful. We went out Saturday and did all that hard work, put ourselves right back in the mix, and tonight we go out and we throw it all away, with such an absolute dogshit performance front to back. I'm absolutely seething. Absolutely thrown all that effort from Saturday down the drain. You have to say Hull deserved to win that, while we deserved nothing and that's what we've got. We couldn't pass, and couldn't find a cross in a church. Woeful shooting, woeful defending. What a total waste of an evening.

steve101

Undone by being totally disjointed in the first half. Not sure what was going on there. In fairness Hull looked decent and took advantage. The only thing positive from the game was the performance of Ben Sheaf. Apart from one error first half he looked real class in that position.

Brighton Sky Blue

Leaving aside the "goal" and the awful ref (once again. We do get 'em.)

That was absolutely awful. We went out Saturday and did all that hard work, put ourselves right back in the mix, and tonight we go out and we throw it all away, with such an absolute dogshit performance front to back. I'm absolutely seething. Absolutely thrown all that effort from Saturday down the drain. You have to say Hull deserved to win that, while we deserved nothing and that's what we've got. We couldn't pass, and couldn't find a cross in a church. Woeful shooting, woeful defending. What a total waste of an evening.

We’d have lost to anyone. Genuinely we did 90% of the work for them

Dirk Turpin

Despite the shit ref etc can't help but blame the management for this one. We're within touching distance of playoffs and go a few behind at home with 10 games to go.

Why haven't we had a go at it and brought tavares on earlier or switched something up? What are we playing for goal difference it's the play offs not a relegation battle. We've not been brave enough and it's cost us on multiple occasions this season.

It looks like that's probably the season over now.

At least we beat Fulham and Sheffield utd 4-1

Moff

I think it's ridiculous that the ref is going to get away with his multiple terrible decisions and penalties not given because people will focus on the one thing that was correct.

The thing is even if that was correct (I still think it was over) he didn't make the right decision, he didn't have a clue and couldn't see, the watch decided for him. He was shit.

shmmeee

Wish there was a technology that buzzed when a penalty is conceded. Oggy today saying Hyam was too far from the ball for it to be a pen? Wut?

Sky_Blue_Daz

I think we are too nice a team , we haven’t got anyone in the refs ear . A player skilled in the dark arts like a Dennis wise or Doyle could of made the difference to the result tonight

shmmeee

Fully expect Saturdays game to be called off cos half our team have covid. Only excuse for that performance.

SBT

Very hard not to think of this season as anything other than a huge wasted opportunity. That now looks set to be taken by someone else unfancied at the start.

Not sure how you can totally write off a season which you were also totally unfancied for, just because you didn’t go on some magical Cinderella run all the way to the playoffs.

SIR ERNIE

Dabo and Maatsen totally ineffective, we had no width, especially down the left where Maatsen seems incapable of going past his man.

ccfc922

I'm with you on this. A few players sold in the summer and we can be next seasons Barnsley etc.

There's no guarantees in football and banking on improving next season etc is a gamble.

Obviously hope I'm proved wrong n we go up as Champions next season.

slowpoke

We can point all round the pitch and perhaps apart from Sheaf the whole lot were poor, gave Hull a goal start, it happens, and never really got going. Think the result describes us to a tee can beat the best then lose to the not so good.

Users who are viewing this thread