Hull away (1 Viewer)

SlowerThanPlatt

I'm not going Hull as my mate who normally comes with me to Cov, I'm going with him to watch his crappy Northern team. :ROFLMAO: Shame because it's a ground I've never been to.

I'll be going Sheffield away, providing there are no issues with getting tickets.
Should be £26 for Sheffield United.

JAM See

What pubs are people heading to once in Hull?
I'm on the offal coach, so will be heading to one of the one's nearest to the ground.

Would be nice to get a few pointers from others on here.

Tommo1993

I deliver to Barton upon Humber occasionally, and am interested in actually going across the bridge at some point (sad). So I may take A46/A15 way. I could probably do that journey eyes closed by now, it’ll be a lot better without the 52mph restriction!

CV22SBA

Not been for a few years but don’t recall many near the ground. Last time we drank in the city centre about 15 min walk

Travs

Last time i went (2-1 win, perhaps mid 2010's?), there is a pub up a side road, just across the park from the stadium... The Brickmakers.... that seemed to have the main contingent of City fans near the ground (i didn't venture into the city centre though)

blunted

I was surprised at the start of the season that the bookies had Hull at better odds than us. As others have said, we seriously need to improve our away form and on paper we should not have a better chance than at Hull. Thats screwed it then.

JAM See

I deliver to Barton upon Humber occasionally, and am interested in actually going across the bridge at some point (sad). So I may take A46/A15 way. I could probably do that journey eyes closed by now, it’ll be a lot better without the 52mph restriction!
I love a nice bridge (also sad, I know). The Humber bridge is a thing of beauty. If you have the chance to cross it, take it.

Tommo1993

I love a nice bridge (also sad, I know). The Humber bridge is a thing of beauty. If you have the chance to cross it, take it.

I only get to look at it from a short distance. See what the roads are like on the day.

oscillatewildly

Can't make this one - Gutted.
Never been to Hull and it looks as though there are tickets now available for phase 2 prole.

Last edited:

Kneeza

The Everton game December 1990 was the day after a massive snowfall in Coventry and Warwickshire , M6 was closed as was virtually every road in the City, the only fans who could make it were either living up there or travelled the day before.
It was the same day. 8th December.
I was living in the sticks in S Leics at the time, and had Saturday morning overtime in Cov. I set off early in rain, which turned to snow as I hit the M69. By the time I got to the southern end it was coming down in absolute buckets, and sticking, badly, and I made the decision to turn round and go home.
Good decision... I barely made it home as it was already drifting heavily (wet snow as it was just above freezing I believe) on the A5 and the back roads.
We were snowed in for days with no electricity.
If fifty Cov fans made it to Everton, they were either fckn heroes or locals.

Kneeza

There's a weather theme here 😂
Been over the bridge many times, but the first time was scary. I was on a BMW going north to a camping weekend and the wind was absolutely howling in off the North Sea and there was a 30 limit set.
I'm convinced I was leaning that bike 45 degrees all the way across. Bloody frightening. Great bridge though.

fernandopartridge

I was living in the sticks in S Leics at the time, and had Saturday morning overtime in Cov. I set off early in rain, which turned to snow as I hit the M69. By the time I got to the southern end it was coming down in absolute buckets, and sticking, badly, and I made the decision to turn round and go home.
Good decision... I barely made it home as it was already drifting heavily (wet snow as it was just above freezing I believe) on the A5 and the back roads.
I remember that well, my Dad used to work Saturday morning over time and he got it stuck coming home. I think it's probably still the most snow I've seen. Even the snow where I lived up north 2010 was which was heavy I don't think got as deep as that seemed to.

Gynnsthetonic

It just seemed to dump it on Coventry, went to my local at noon and left at midnight beforeall day opening, I'm sure the shops in town got looted as well as police couldn't respond!

skybluegod

Last time i went (2-1 win, perhaps mid 2010's?), there is a pub up a side road, just across the park from the stadium... The Brickmakers.... that seemed to have the main contingent of City fans near the ground (i didn't venture into the city centre though)

Was it the only away win of the Andy Thorn championship season? 🤣 at least you got it see it!

Last edited:

Sky Blue Harry H

1-3 win and everything will look rosy

A win any old how will do, but hope we go at them, as it won't take much for their fans to turn on them (a bit like Preston's were - but likely to be worse) However, if we do get ahead, keep going for it.

It’sabatch87

I was supposed to be on overtime that Saturday morning at Ryton, snow up to my knees in Walsgrave so no chance!!
Missed out on some easy money there!!

Users who are viewing this thread